Hi From Iowa

hello,

I'm Tanner, since I'm going to be getting a suit from ATA Works soon, i figured it would be the time to introduce myself on these forums. I'm in the final stages on getting my first armor approved, a Clone trooper Sergeant Appo. i was going to wait until next year before i got a new armor but I've needed another project to work on. I'm excited to have my second suit of armor and hopefully get to know some of you. 

as of the current moment i really only have one question, and its about weathering. not that it makes much a difference, but is weathering of TK armor allowed?

• Like 4

Welcome to the FISD Tanner, home of the shiny white armour.

Best thing to do is check out the CRL's for all the armour that is part of our detachment. Most ANH, ESB and ROTJ armour is nice, shiny and clean. You will find variations of the OT TK's based on EU armour where weathering is allowed and required, ie Shock or Incinerator Troopers.

Cheers and welcome aboard.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hi Tanner, and welcome to FISD! I too am working on a suit of ATA armor for my ANH Stunt build. Here's a link to a list of resources I've compiled for TK builds, which includes and extensive list of links to previous ATA build and approval request threads. Perhaps it might be helpful to you and you continue your journey. As for weathering--as Troy said, OT TK armor is generally pretty clean, so if you want that dirty look you could consider going with a TD (Sandtrooper) or a HWT (Heavy Weapons Trooper). I'm also currently working on my own HWT build, which you can find a link to in my signature.

Again, welcome, and we're here to help!

Hi Tanner, and welcome to the FISD!  As a general rule, TK armor is shiny and clean, but if you prefer the slightly "weathered" look, you may want to think about a ROTJ build.  Since there are many screen references to the ones on Endor, we are looking into amendments to the CRL for a weathered version of this costume.  Mark @sskunky here on the FISD makes the most screen accurate ROTJ kit available anywhere and is one of our "tried and true" sellers.

Welcome to FISD Tanner:salute:

Depending on the amount of weathering you’re talking about it sure is allowed to have a ”battle worn” TK

Here’s an example of what can be done and still Centurion (highest level) approved - good luck:duim:

• Like 2

Welcome to the FISD, Tanner.  Looks like you got your question answered regarding the weathering.  The links provided for T-jay's weathered TK is a great example of how to weather a TK.  It is light weathering but looks fantastic.

Congrats on your purchase - its addictive, right?

15 hours ago, trigger said:

hello,

I'm Tanner, since I'm going to be getting a suit from ATA Works soon...

Welcome Tanner!

My kit is ATA Works as well. If you need any help, feel free to drop me a PM.

Good luck and welcome to FISD!

Hi Tanner! Have you checked out Pandatrooper’s ATA helmet assembly thread? I’d link you to it, but I’m on my phone now. But it is included in the All-In-One reference thread link I mentioned earlier in this string. Perhaps you might find it helpful. You can also upload photos of your current progress on your own build thread for us to see, and then better assist you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What are some boot options. like I know about imperial boots, but any other place that would be good to look at?
I swear by my Imperial Boots, great quality and super comfortable.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hi Tanner,

Now that you have your armor, you should start a build thread so we can see and help with progress. 

As to the e-11, there are a lot of options, only dependent on cost. 

Looking forward to to your journey to shiny trooper!

Lou

13 hours ago, LTM said:

Hi Tanner,

Now that you have your armor, you should start a build thread so we can see and help with progress. 

As to the e-11, there are a lot of options, only dependent on cost. 

Looking forward to to your journey to shiny trooper!

Lou

ill start a build thread on Monday that's when I plan to do the bulk of my work. I've been busy with work and haven't had a lot of work time