cant go to the school

i was thinking for going to the school on oct31st as a ST . my GF sent the principle a email to ask like i should do . well she got one back ."With the equipment they would be carrying, it would be best not to be at school" he is talking about the weapon's . i can understand that kinda . i the school you can not have any kind of simulated gun or knife or things like that. i said i would not bring it then but still a no go . my GF son thinks it would be way cool to go to the school . now i have to tell him i cant go now . i just had to vent about this . i can understand but also i don't LOL. i know the kids would have loved it . the part i don't understand is that kids over @ the HS have their 12gage and rifles in their trucks in the winter time when we have hunting season that is OK but a fake one is not . maybe its me but i don't get it . think you for reading my vent LOL.

have a good day and troop safe

snoopytrooper

Charlie

i was thinking for going to the school on oct31st as a ST . my GF sent the principle a email to ask like i should do . well she got one back ."With the equipment they would be carrying, it would be best not to be at school" he is talking about the weapon's . i can understand that kinda . i the school you can not have any kind of simulated gun or knife or things like that. i said i would not bring it then but still a no go . my GF son thinks it would be way cool to go to the school . now i have to tell him i cant go now . i just had to vent about this . i can understand but also i don't LOL. i know the kids would have loved it . the part i don't understand is that kids over @ the HS have their 12gage and rifles in their trucks in the winter time when we have hunting season that is OK but a fake one is not . maybe its me but i don't get it . think you for reading my vent LOL.

have a good day and troop safe

snoopytrooper

Charlie

update ; he (the principle) sent another email in response to one that no blaster or light sabers will be brought to school. he has a BIG problem with adults dressing up . his words " No grown man should be dressing up like a starwars character it's immature to do that and the people that do need to grow up end of subject and thanks for asking before you came to the school" . OK yes this man is a di*k . i even gave him the 501's web page . he has no child inside him anymore . what ever happen to lets do things for the kids.

Man, what a jerk. I can deal with the refusal of the school visit, but when someone makes a comment like "grown man, dressing up in a costume" it gets under my skin. My dad has given me a little riff raff for dressing as a TK, but after he saw my pics from DragonCon this year of the over abundance of hot chicks in corsettes he sorta offhandedly asked "How much were those tickets again?"

I'm so glad to be 31 and still have my imagination and drive to have fun, damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

What an an impolite person. What really bothers me is he is here to serve the kids and this would be such a great pleasant surprise. We should all email him.

i wish i could give it out but i don't want my GF son to get hell for it and ok i would get hell for it . I'm in a small town with only 1200 in it and in from SF Cal so i still a out sider here (been here for 9 years now)even know he prob does not know it is me i wish everuone around me would just show up but off school grounds just to piss him off . as to serve the kids does not look like he is into that just a paycheck.

:lol:Oh bud I wouldn't expect you to. It is just frustrating. I'm an engineer who I guess is childish and will never grow up.

this hole thing pisses me off more than you know :angry: .i will NEVER grow up :D . I'm just a kid trapped in a old body with a house payment .LOL no matter how old i get i will always have that kid in my just like we all do . just when we get older the toys cost more now. :lol:

That is ridiculous. The school system has lost it's brains. The ironic thing is we expect them to teach our kids. I have a little 5 year old grandson that was in kindergarten last year. His best friend at school brought a little rifle from a star wars action figure to class. Can you believe the teacher freaked out and sent the little guy to the principle. His punishment for bringing a gun to school was suspension for 3 days. WTH!

When I was in school I was on the rifle team. We had a firing range at the school. They taught hunter safety too. I'm afraid the world went insane when we weren't looking. Some call what we do escapism. When I hear stuff like this I have to agree with them. Yes, we are escaping from insanity.

Wow... that's sad and hilarious all at once. I'm sure he doesn't "dress up" at all... I mean what's suit and tie? Only a conformist's costume. We all conform, and "costume," in one way or another. None of us ever display who we really are in public... wouldn't you agree?

I think he needs counseling.

you know... he said you cant come on campus in gear... he didnt say anything about being just off campus... maybe across the street?... on the corner?... some place close enough, but not ON the campus... just a thought...

thats what i would do.. :lol: work outside the boundaries you are given ..that will also light a fire under his an impolite person i bet...haha B)

Wow... that's sad and hilarious all at once. I'm sure he doesn't "dress up" at all... I mean what's suit and tie? Only a conformist's costume. We all conform, and "costume," in one way or another. None of us ever display who we really are in public... wouldn't you agree?

I think he needs counseling.

i did see the principle today when i went to get my GF son from school and yes he is in his costume . slack , white shirt , tie , dress shoes . i don't like his costume . if i had a kid in the school YES i would go in dressed up . that he could not stop .the across the st. thing would tick him off . it would be funny . i AM going to his house on Oct 31ST . that he cant stop LOL

So glad to be in Japan...

Costumes seem to be viewed diffrently here. It is still a little diffrent, but if I asked I wouldnt have any trouble getting a class room visit orginized.

So the high school snubbed ya. Forget em. There are tons more to do as a trooper other than be in costume. I am sure looking around and asking the elementry school about the read for kids programs would go over with a bang. How cool would it be to be 6 and have atrooper read a book to you?

Being in the 501st and working with the local garrison to get events orginized could be a way of "getting back" at the high school so to speak. It would be priceless to bell ring across from the high school for Salavation army. (depends on where the school is) Just as priceless to have the man donate. Grown men do wear costumes everyday, preform there jobs and dutys just fine.

I for one would not troop a high school in the states. To many jerk off kids looking for a "you tube" oppertunity. Now the elementry and middle school, diffrent story.

Kid at heart is somthing that not all have, some reside to unhappyness and worldly "norm" views. Those are the folks that are diving the US down, but I can see change in the future.

Hang in man, giving back is a blast, and the costume is one avenue to get there. Dont get discouraged.

Funny how different people have different opinions. I was asked to come visit a school last year at the end of the year. I went as vader with my light saber and joining me was a tk with blaster and a TB with blaster. The priciple had his picture taken with us and everything. He loved it! The teachers loved it too. Do i even have to say that the kids loved it?

t2eu17u.jpg

CZnEMWz.jpg

The guy's a ding dong.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Don't let a shortsighted guy like the principal get you down. What you should do is next time you troop a charity event, especially if there is press coverage, just send him a little note with how much money was raised for charity and pictures of all the smiling faces and happy people.

update ; he (the principle) sent another email in response to one that no blaster or light sabers will be brought to school. he has a BIG problem with adults dressing up . his words "No grown man should be dressing up like a starwars character it's immature to do that and the people that do need to grow up end of subject and thanks for asking before you came to the school" . OK yes this man is a di*k . i even gave him the 501's web page . he has no child inside him anymore . what ever happen to lets do things for the kids.

No grown man should be dressing up like a starwars character ... Okay, what about a grown woman with an AARP membership card? Would that be permitted?

wow tk0000, after seeing your pictures, I am seriously considering going to my old elementary school rather than my high school.

:duim:

Just keep in mind when we went to the school it was the last week of school and did not disrupt any classroom learning. It could be the timing was right. I was conserned about taking blasters and was prepared to leave them at home, but it was ok'd and they were never pointed at anyone.

Society is struggling to make conformists out of us all. My childhood were some of the best years I had in my life. I wasn't concerned about what people thought of me, I just enjoyed life. I went through a period of time in my teens where I let people like that principle define me - and I listened too much to how everyone thought a guy "should" act. I ended up trying to be a people-pleaser, and my personality and interests swung back and forth to whatever was "cool" and "popular" with the people I hung out with.

I regret this and in many respects I am still struggling to get back in a mindset where I just be who I am and not worry about what other people think of me. And to enjoy the things I have always loved like cool sci-fi outfits :)

Do your thing man. I agree with everyone else. That guy is just another conformist. I love the fact that there are people like all of you who have preserved their fun-loving childhood side.

Ha ha! This lands right on my last nerve! We drove two and a half hours (one way) to be the ONLY members representing the 501st at a function where they said "Weapons okay"......weapons were NOT okay, people were freakin' out. We had to lock 'em in the dressing room and wander around gripping our cod-pieces. Meantime it was fine for all their kids to run up, punch or kick us from behind, and nobody gave a crap. But hey, if that's how you wanna bring yer kids up.....fine. We could use more victims anyway! Hopefully one of those people will stop a bullet that could have otherwise hit someone with some sense!

That principal you guys got stroked by.....he aint gettin any if you take my meaning. :lol:

Okay and I know this is gonna sound harsh but it will definately make YOU feel better. You should definately toss a rodkill skunk into his car on a hot day!

i get stuff like that sometimes. people that think they are so much better than us and talk about us like that. we are no different then the football fans who go to games painted in team colors with no shirt on in 30 degree weather for 4 hours. they are worse in my opinion. at least we do it for charity. that guy has no soul. i guess we just arent acceptable members of society because we use what we love to help make others lives better through charity, right?