Helmet question

Ok guys I'm at a draw back here. I will be buying an FX kit soon but I don't know if I want to be wearing the bobble headed helmet all the time. I found this online:----------- I was wondering if it was going to be a good buy or not. Could any one help me on this? Thanks guys peace!

Jen

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah the ol Rubies...dont waste your money on that. Even though the FX is huge and not so accurate, its better than that one! that one is really bad!

Id go with a headless FX armor kit, and maybe an AP "flawed" helmet. Thats what i got. it was 100 bucks cheaper than the regular one, and i still cant really find anything wrong with it. lol.

If you do have the money, the TE2 or AP would be your best choices.

If you need contact info for either just PM me. :)

You could also go the route of the MR CE, which isnt too expensive, and with a few mods is pretty decent looking.

Ah the ol Rubies...dont waste your money on that. Even though the FX is huge and not so accurate, its better than that one! that one is really bad!

I totally second that. You're much better off keeping the FX and saving up for another opportunity. If you're so inclined, TE2 is probably the top of the line and you can purchase a completed TE2 from TK-4510 on this forum.

If cash is tight I'd recommend the MR CE, I'm sure I sent you a link to a US seller :) If you think you can afford a little more though then go for one of the more accurate kits

If cash is tight I'd recommend the MR CE, I'm sure I sent you a link to a US seller :) If you think you can afford a little more though then go for one of the more accurate kits

ok oh ya now I remember *is soooo not good with memory crap :P >_<* I'll need 2 more pay checks then :P

• 2 months later...
Hi

How about helmets from the AP kit, where would you recommend I purchse one from? Or an alternative that is not from FX or TE2 kits?

Thanks in Advance Chris

I like the AP too - especially if you use it in Hero format. You can't go wrong with either AP or TE2. The MRCE can be pimped to look nice as well. Personally I don't like the aesthetic from the front, but I seem to be in the minority. They are seriously popular.

• 2 weeks later...

ok im also a noob and i would like to know who would be the best to go to for a helmet?

ive been talking ia.net to and they are startin back up soon with their helmets

my other question would be should i buy a blackhole trooper bucket or get a reg. bucket then paint it black??

ideas and hints welcome

-Brad

I believe the best buckets are TE2 or AP, hands down (I don't include GINO as his are way to expensive to troop in). Even if I were to do a Black Hole, I'd use these and just paint it rather than using FX, which is what almost all TX are.

I would say the AP is a bit smaller although how its put together has a part to play in this and the AP is more cleaned up and idealised where the TE2 is accurate to a screen used lid.

Actually that's not been my experience. I have owned three TE2 and one AP, plus tried on another TE2 and an RT. The "largest" and "smallest" have both been TE2.

I think it really as to do with:

1) How loose/tight the pull is

2) How it's assembled

3) How the bottom is trimmed

I would say the AP is a bit smaller although how its put together has a part to play in this and the AP is more cleaned up and idealised where the TE2 is accurate to a screen used lid.

Actually the TE2 faceplate has had major cleanup/reworking, and the back/cap has been heavily damaged with major areas being filled in.

So it's not really accurate to a screen used lid.

Just wanted to clarify before people get the wrong idea.

Well if there was major clean up then it was done a looooooooooong time ago. I am sure the amount of clean up was reasonable to produce the fine specimen we have now. Of course the GINO helmet is awesome too, buuuuuuuut.

I wish I was part of what you guys were doing back then, it would have been cool.