CA Boots - supplier no longer making trooper boots

FYI - CA Boots may no longer be carrying Stormtrooper boots. Their supplier has stopped making the boots and thus far they have not found a replacement source. So if any of you were even considering putting together a TK costume, I'd get your boot order in soon before your size runs out.

Sadly, I just missed out on getting my size 6 boots. This is the e-mail they sent me when I inquired about back orders:

Sorry, we don't know when or if we will carry these in the future.Our supplier went out of business and we haven't been able to find a new one.

Is that the only person to buy boots from?

I've seen mention on these boards of people getting boots from dan111h2o. Maybe I should have tried contacting them.

I decided to get some of the jodhpur boots and hope for the best as far as painting goes.

And not all hope is lost, it seems that CA Boots is still looking for a new manufacturer... but the fact that they have not found one yet and can't guarantee they will have them in the future does have me worried.

I have a pair of Dan111h20 boots. The guy is great to deal with. The boots I got from him are a little square in the toe. It might just be my size 13. Let the giant feet jokes begin.... I'll post a picture of them later today. I'd really be interested in your feedback.

Too bad about CA boots.

-John

Is that the only person to buy boots from?

No. You can also get them from Dan111h20 on Ebay.

Or the easiest route - just buy a pair of jodhpur boots (most anywhere carries them) and dye them white. This is what they did for the movies, and what I'm using now.

No. You can also get them from Dan111h20 on Ebay.

Or the easiest route - just buy a pair of jodhpur boots (most anywhere carries them) and dye them white. This is what they did for the movies, and what I'm using now.

Jodhpur riding boots can usually be found for less money than CABoots on ebay too. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, finally the technical difficulties are subsiding. Whew! Here's the picture I promised of the Dan111h2o size 13 boots. See what I mean by "Square in the Toe". What do you think of these?

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I think they are acceptable. Personally - my $.02 I admit - the best route to go is get some comfortable Jodhpur boots and dye them white.

• 2 weeks later...

In 6 days! Under a week.

If you do EMS it's lightining fast. I ordered some FX Sabers from Calif and they were here in like 4 days. I coudn't figure out what the package was for me as it couldn't have been the sabers that fast, but it was! Impressed, I was. Talk like Yoda, I shall.

EMS to Aus is a damn good service as they have a reciprocal agreement with USPS. The idiocy is for me to ship an FX saber internally within Australia intercity costs *MORE* that getting one shipped to Australia from the US! Bizarre! Someone is ripping someone off somewhere.

Anyhoo back to topic, there was no issues with Caboots from my end so order away!

Wow, USA to Australia in a week? I think they took longer to get to me, and I'm only in Las Vegas!

• 6 months later...

CA boots is up and running... I just bought a pair... and WOO HOO!

these totally rule!

nice taper, pointed toe... excellent fit...

and.. the wonderful aroma of CA BOOTS GLUE!!!

ah... my AP kit is almost complete...

now to get that blaster charged up.

regards,

vern

To be honest i have 3 pairs of CABoots and next time would buy jophur boots and paint them white, this is how they were in the movie so you cant get better than that. MY CABoots have all started to peel off the white anyway where the armur rubs at the ancle, so there not that great in quality really but there are nice boots. STINK though ;):D

I have not been very impressed with the look and the quality of the CA boots, the Jodhpur boots look as close to screen accurate as you can get, but thats just my 2 credits :)

• 4 weeks later...
I have not been very impressed with the look and the quality of the CA boots, the Jodhpur boots look as close to screen accurate as you can get, but thats just my 2 credits :)

Send a link to a Good set of Jodhpur boots, and what type of dye used. If you see them at a Good price ..please share

Maybe I just had bad luck but I tried painting a pair of boots white and it was a disaster. The painting part went fine, however the paint job quickly cracked when I wore them and looked like crap. I was not able to touch them up at the point. If the boots are for a sandy then who cares but for a TK, it was waste. Not to mention you really need to make sure they fit properly under the shin armor.

• 4 weeks later...
Maybe I just had bad luck but I tried painting a pair of boots white and it was a disaster. The painting part went fine, however the paint job quickly cracked when I wore them and looked like crap. I was not able to touch them up at the point. If the boots are for a sandy then who cares but for a TK, it was waste. Not to mention you really need to make sure they fit properly under the shin armor.

I recently tried my hand at using Meltonian Leather Spray stuff. Same problem, after 3 coats and a week of cure time it cracked the first time tried walking in them. I even prepped the leather and lightly sanded it with super fine grit sand paper.

How are the rest of you dying your black boots white?