Where do you store your wallet/ID and phone?

This is what I use. Mike Appling sold them too and you could get your name/FISD patch sewn on. Putting them in a bin may be OK for a book store or something, but if you are at a con, parade, or long troop than having them with you is essential.

Paul, thank you so much for the link, that would be perfect.  My specific reason for this is indeed for a con, so I don't have to schlep myself back up to the hotel room to get my ID or a few bucks if needed.  Specifically at Dragon*Con, you'll wait 20 minutes for an elevator.  :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen some holster folks put a little pouch on the backside of an E-11 holster for cards.

I suddenly realized that one of these things might do the trick for cards/money... in your armor or the backside of your holster so you can get at it more easily. 

--------------

A stick on card thingy. 

-Eric

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 2

On 3/3/2016 at 10:26 AM, Darth Aloha said:

I've seen some holster folks put a little pouch on the backside of an E-11 holster for cards.

I suddenly realized that one of these things might do the trick for cards/money... in your armor or the backside of your holster so you can get at it more easily. 

------------

A stick on card thingy. 

-Eric

I was going to try making a little 'pocket' out of scrap ABS to glue onto the inside of the chest, but that is a much better idea!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 11 months later...

89400-cent-18.jpg

My wallet lives in this little chest pouch. It's E6000'd to my armor. It can fit wallet, keys, and more... however you can't get to it while wearing. I've tried.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017BPN6GQ  It was this one if anyone wants to spend $22 (yuck) on a pouch, yet have a great spot for their wallet and keys.

tdstorage08.jpg

I also turned my thermal detonator into a storage detonator with magnets and elastic. It mostly holds stickers to give to kids.  More pix are in my build thread linked in my signature.

tk109.jpg

I turned my drop boxes into pockets. One holds my car key and the other has some cash. They hinge at the bottom with elastic and close with annoyingly strong velcro. This is also in my build thread.

• Like 2

vor 13 Stunden schrieb revlimiter:

89400-cent-18.jpg

My wallet lives in this little chest pouch. It's E6000'd to my armor. It can fit wallet, keys, and more... however you can't get to it while wearing. I've tried.

I've also got a little pouch in my chestplate:

XIZ89ri.jpg

Mine closes on two sides, so I can get to it without removing my armor. It does involve me sticking my hand into my Chestplate with a bit of contortion though, unless I open the chest-back connection. It's holding in there with Velcro for easy removal during post-troop clean-up and is spacious enough for money, glucose, a snack, my keys, my phone and trading cards. 

00h8jen.jpeg

I've also got basic clip-on boxes for my trading cards and am in the process of getting one for citation cards. These are non-CRL and not really made for going on a trampoline, but hold well enough during most Conventions, whilst being easier accessible, if I want to hand something out. 

No picture here, but a friend of mine has crafted a way to store her phone in her thigh with a carabiner. So, yeah, use any and all spaces you have in your armor :laugh1:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Morgi said:

I've also got a little pouch in my chestplate:

XIZ89ri.jpg

Mine closes on two sides, so I can get to it without removing my armor. It does involve me sticking my hand into my Chestplate with a bit of contortion though, unless I open the chest-back connection. It's holding in there with Velcro for easy removal during post-troop clean-up and is spacious enough for money, glucose, a snack, my keys, my phone and trading cards. 

00h8jen.jpeg

I've also got basic clip-on boxes for my trading cards and am in the process of getting one for citation cards. These are non-CRL and not really made for going on a trampoline, but hold well enough during most Conventions, whilst being easier accessible, if I want to hand something out. 

No picture here, but a friend of mine has crafted a way to store her phone in her thigh with a carabiner. So, yeah, use any and all spaces you have in your armor :laugh1:

I can't wrap my head around how you guys manage to carry around a dozen things in various spots.  I still have to get the icomm and speaker set up in the chest and then think I'm full.  Is this little box a 3D print?  Bart

• Like 1

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Bartman:

I can't wrap my head around how you guys manage to carry around a dozen things in various spots.  I still have to get the icomm and speaker set up in the chest and then think I'm full.  Is this little box a 3D print?  Bart

It's simply a matter of using any space where you don't touch your armor. For example, I have return edges at the top of my thigh armor, so in order for those not to dig into my thighs, I need a bit of distance to the armor. Those few millimetres between the return edge and my thigh, as well as the width of the return edge itself, allow for enough space in between my thigh and my armor to store a phone.

I personally don't use an aker most of the time, which allows for extra space in my armor. Again, using all possible space in the armor. The pouch is fairly slim and wide, so that takes up less space.

The box is a 3D-print! The hook is Coverstrip ABS, which I heatformed and glued to the box. With my newest box the hook will be 3D-printed as well though.

4 minutes ago, Morgi said:

It's simply a matter of using any space where you don't touch your armor. For example, I have return edges at the top of my thigh armor, so in order for those not to dig into my thighs, I need a bit of distance to the armor. Those few millimetres between the return edge and my thigh, as well as the width of the return edge itself, allow for enough space in between my thigh and my armor to store a phone.

I personally don't use an aker most of the time, which allows for extra space in my armor. Again, using all possible space in the armor. The pouch is fairly slim and wide, so that takes up less space.

The box is a 3D-print! The hook is Coverstrip ABS, which I heatformed and glued to the box. With my newest box the hook will be 3D-printed as well though.

So can you be persuaded to share the files for the box should I want to try that?  I assume you just are hanging off your belt?  I'd have to, I assume, ok this with my garrison if they allow it for trooping.  I'm still learning all the rules.  Bart

Am 18.1.2023 um 20:44 schrieb Bartman:

So can you be persuaded to share the files for the box should I want to try that?  I assume you just are hanging off your belt?  I'd have to, I assume, ok this with my garrison if they allow it for trooping.  I'm still learning all the rules.  Bart

They're not my files, you should contact @TK-70815 for these specific files. @Swoby is currently working on an improved design for citation cards, which is a bit bigger, so it might be helpful to contact her as well for an integrated hold.

For unknown reasons I don't have any pictures of how I wear the box, but in effect, it's very similar to the TD. I simply hang it off the belt by the hook. Maybe I'll do a quick suit-up tomorrow and send you a few pictures on how it looks :duim:

Okay, so officially this is not allowed. But neither are handcuffs and I wear them almost all the time. It really depends on the rules of your Garrison. For official events I'm not allowed to wear them. During conventions no-one really cares. Still, any CO could come up at any point, tell me to remove my handcuffs and/or box and I'd have to do that. As they're not really noticeable due to me matching color and optic with my armor, so far no-one's noticed or complained.

EDIT: @Bartman (as well as everyone else) Here's some pictures of the box on my belt, as well as a picture showing how I usually access my chest pouch without having to remove armor parts :duim:

YvAsgG8.jpeg

Edited by Morgi
  • Like 1

I've been carrying trading cards in a white leather binder pouch from Darman's Props on Etsy (who most in the US use for neck seals).  It wasn't cheap at around $50, but it has an automatic magnet closure and doesn't stand out at all.

troop2021-1-7.jpg

I can juuust reach it in armor. The opening is just slightly above the magnetic button in the center, so it's nice and low for easy card reaching.

troop2022-41-5.jpg

It blends into the belt really nice. Hard to even notice it unless it's pointed out.

And as Luca mentioned, it's not a canon/allowed piece of the armor. I don't wear it at canon troops. It's just for the laid back ones, which are about 75% in my local garrison.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bartman said:

There's likely room in the back plate for a tiny wallet pouch if you fill up the chest plate with electronics. The OII recess can almost swallow a camelbak hydration flask... almost.

For me personally, I want something I can access without de-suiting.  Helmet off, sure, but otherwise I'd like to be able to buy something at a con if needed.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, revlimiter said:

There's likely room in the back plate for a tiny wallet pouch if you fill up the chest plate with electronics. The OII recess can almost swallow a camelbak hydration flask... almost.

Maybe if I could reach that area on a good day with no arms on!  I can barely snap on both arms by myself right now!  Reach my back?  Nope!  You flexible young guys...   Bart

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daetrin said:

For me personally, I want something I can access without de-suiting.  Helmet off, sure, but otherwise I'd like to be able to buy something at a con if needed.

Yup. That's why I keep money in a drop box. It's fun buying something in full TK without suiting down at all.

1 hour ago, Bartman said:

Maybe if I could reach that area on a good day with no arms on!  I can barely snap on both arms by myself right now!  Reach my back?  Nope!  You flexible young guys...   Bart

I can't reach my chest wallet. It's just for before/after trooping to keep it in a safe place. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2023 at 3:42 PM, revlimiter said:

I've been carrying trading cards in a white leather binder pouch from Darman's Props on Etsy (who most in the US use for neck seals).  It wasn't cheap at around $50, but it has an automatic magnet closure and doesn't stand out at all.

troop2021-1-7.jpg

I can juuust reach it in armor. The opening is just slightly above the magnetic button in the center, so it's nice and low for easy card reaching.

troop2022-41-5.jpg

It blends into the belt really nice. Hard to even notice it unless it's pointed out.

And as Luca mentioned, it's not a canon/allowed piece of the armor. I don't wear it at canon troops. It's just for the laid back ones, which are about 75% in my local garrison.

LOL I’m more impressed that you are able to sit while wearing your armor.  What is this wizardry. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Armor9 said:

LOL I’m more impressed that you are able to sit while wearing your armor.  What is this wizardry. 

Master @Morgi taught me the ways. :D

Basically the trick is in the chest-to-ab strapping. Make it elastic so that you can get the chest plate to overlap the ab instead of choking you out at the throat and you're most of the way there to sitting. Add some good mobility cuts to the thighs and shins and you're pretty much there.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, revlimiter said:

Basically the trick is in the chest-to-ab strapping. Make it elastic so that you can get the chest plate to overlap the ab instead of choking you out at the throat and you're most of the way there to sitting. Add some good mobility cuts to the thighs and shins and you're pretty much there.

Any concerns of breaking the the butt armor that connects to the codpiece? 

vor 20 Minuten schrieb revlimiter:

vor einer Stunde schrieb Armor9:

Chestplate strapping is the one true factor. If your chestplate can touch your ABS belt, you're good to go, as Adam said. I personally haven't even needed mobility cuts so far -- even a little bit of space can go a long way. If you can bend your knees and hip joints by 80° as well you've got all the necessary mobility for running, kneeling, sitting or even laying down.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Armor9:

Tbh, I've got a row of cracks in my codpiece and a few in my buttplate -- from my Codsnap getting stuck and me pulling too hard. If you're careful when initially sitting down you probably won't have any problems. The Buttplate is bendy and the codpiece gets little to no pressure thanks to the flexible chest strapping, which allows for the abplate to simply be pushed up.

eKD1ZYJ.jpg

DxQIrkZ.jpg

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Armor9 said:

My butt plate has no return edge, so there's no weak spots to crack. Flat ABS bends very nicely. I haven't had any problems with it at all.

• Like 1