Where do you store your wallet/ID and phone?

I've searched and searched the forum and hopefully haven't overlooked this subject, but are there any ideas about where to store a TK's personal items, i.e. wallet, ID, phone, etc.?

I thought of getting a small black velvet bag for the holster and storing them in there since more than likely I'll be carrying my E-11 all the time.

I have this iPhone case ---------------which has a very strong rare earth magnet in the back for mounting.  I though of glueing in a magnet on the inside of my kit so I can stick my phone somewhere in a pinch!

Ideas?

Thanks!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Sometimes I give my stuff to a scout trooper and hope he/she isn't too smug about having pockets.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

^^ This.

You really should have no need to carry a wallet while in kit. Unless you have special needs (for instance, a diabetic that needs to carry a stash of glucose pills at all times) at most you will need to carry your keys (car / hotel) and a bit of cash. Both of which should be given to a handler for safekeeping while you are in kit.

• Like 1

^^ This.

You really should have no need to carry a wallet while in kit. Unless you have special needs (for instance, a diabetic that needs to carry a stash of glucose pills at all times) at most you will need to carry your keys (car / hotel) and a bit of cash. Both of which should be given to a handler for safekeeping while you are in kit.

I probably should've specified ID, hotel room key, that sort of thing.  I understand for trooping those items aren't really needed most of the time, but at a Con walking around the floor it would be nice to carry a few personal items and not have to scurry all the way back to your room.

Thanks for the suggestions! 

• Like 1

I probably should've specified ID, hotel room key, that sort of thing. I understand for trooping those items aren't really needed most of the time, but at a Con walking around the floor it would be nice to carry a few personal items and not have to scurry all the way back to your room.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Cut the pocket off an old pair of cargo trousers (pants?), attach a strap and wear around neck, under chest armour?

In that case, I've seen people use thin neck wallets. Stuff what thin items that you need ready access to (hotel room key and a credit card or a few bills of cash) in the wallet and hang it around your neck inside the chestplate.

Something like this----------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

Thanks very much Brian and Steve.  That's perfect.  Don't know why that hadn't crossed my mind.

Brian-I hope to become a member of Garrison Tyranus in the future once I build my kit!  I'm in Northern(ish) Virginia as well.

Thanks again...

• Like 2

Sometimes I wear sports pants under my undersuit (the sports pants have pockets with a zipper).<br>

I also have a black neck wallet, but most of the time all the stuff stays in the locked trooper box.

• Like 1

When I need to carry them with my OT TK I have pouches attached with Velcro to the insides of my thighs, but generally I keep them locked in my case. My FO TK has pouches so it's not a problem ;)

TROOPERBAY.com has a Costume Neck Wallet that would work. If that's what your looking for. https://trooperbay.com/costume-neck-wallet.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's perfect, thanks!  I've looked at Trooperbay lots of times, but never saw this for some reason.

When I need to carry them with my OT TK I have pouches attached with Velcro to the insides of my thighs, but generally I keep them locked in my case. My FO TK has pouches so it's not a problem ;)

I'm hoping next to do an FO TK, so that'll be nice.  I suppose there is need for money and ID on Jakku but not Tatooine?  :smiley-sw013:

I use a re-purposed passport holder velcro'd to my backplate to hold my wallet and cell phone. Both are in a ziploc bag for anti-sweat. I keep them on me just incase I get smoked by a speeder bike or something. I don't have a medical condition, but thought it best to have my ID and emerg contacts on my person.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2016 at 1:11 AM, tkrestonva said:

In that case, I've seen people use thin neck wallets. Stuff what thin items that you need ready access to (hotel room key and a credit card or a few bills of cash) in the wallet and hang it around your neck inside the chestplate.

Something like this:---------------

This is what I use. Mike Appling sold them too and you could get your name/FISD patch sewn on. Putting them in a bin may be OK for a book store or something, but if you are at a con, parade, or long troop than having them with you is essential.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1