Pyrates AP Build and Journey to The 501st

The backup on this one if the zipper system doesn't work is to use the elastics and hooks but keep the inner strip channel I've created again due to the shins closing on their own.

• Like 1

Ah very clever :salute:

So does the upper section always remain connected?

Tony you've helped to create a monster lol

Which upper section are you referring to - the seam above the cover strip?

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 1

Tony you've helped to create a monster lol

Which upper section are you referring to - the seam above the cover strip?

The upper shin. Most zippers have one end of the zipper fixed. If that's your case what's you plan on how to get your foot in and out? If it's not fixed what's your plan on connecting the two to zip in a blind area?

The upper shin. Most zippers have one end of the zipper fixed. If that's your case what's you plan on how to get your foot in and out? If it's not fixed what's your plan on connecting the two to zip in a blind area?

Gotcha!

The zipper is two piece and reinforced at the connection point at the ankle

9f30961032c95f8ac8cf7dbfc242c6a0.jpg

I stitched the zipper in that location so that I don't need to actually touch the zipper to connect it - I just manipulate the the shin opening in the same fashion as doing up a jacket zipper then pull the draw tab.

I hope that's not as clear as mud

I believe it was the great man Moff Tarkin who said, and I quote "You're taking an awful risk Pyrates, this had better work"  :duim:

• Like 2

~ sits back and watches A-Aron be creative ~ :popcorn:  Pass the popcorn Please !!!

Interesting idea A-Aron!! hope it works!  :)

I have to agree with everyone else.. you must film yourself putting them on! :D:vader2:

• Like 1

Killer paint on the buttons! I'm liking the zipper idea! Have you tried the zipper while you are wearing your thighs and boots?

• Like 1

Killer paint on the buttons! I'm liking the zipper idea! Have you tried the zipper while you are wearing your thighs and boots?

Thigh straps glued last night so they will be ready for Friday (test day) and many thanks mate!

• Like 1

I believe it was the great man Moff Tarkin who said, and I quote "You're taking an awful risk Pyrates, this had better work" :duim:

Cheers mate - If it doesn't then it's still a learning situation - if it does then it was worth the risk. A win - win scenario as it were

• Like 1

~ sits back and watches A-Aron be creative ~ :popcorn: Pass the popcorn Please !!!

Interesting idea A-Aron!! hope it works! :)

I have to agree with everyone else.. you must film yourself putting them on! :D:vader2:

For Angie

http://youtu.be/ognnZ3r2qyQ

• Like 1

8165bddc48e3ed234a4b84726aa2ea58.jpg

I hope you were able to get your Arrow off.. those things tend to fly.. I usually end up looking like a Porcupine in Minecraft with those things!!

~ waves to 68Brick[TK] and now Pyrates ~

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 1

I hope you were able to get your Arrow off.. those things tend to fly.. I usually end up looking like a Porcupine in Minecraft with those things!!

~ waves to 68BrickTK ~

• Like 1

On ever seen zippers in shins before.. Hope they're not too much trouble for you in the field. Re forearms, Nice work there. Accessibility is always best I've found.

Cheers Captain!

• Like 2

Cheers Captain!

I know that's not to me.. I've been called Major something or other before.. but never a captain. Laughs.. PITA comes to mind. Laugh

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 1

You can call me Colonel whenever you want lol.

I was wearing my Oberst (Bundeswehr from when I was in Germany) sweater while I was working on my armour yesterday. makes me feel important...

20160328_231416_zpsqr35jitq.jpg

Great work Brother!

Edited by ComradeDave
  • Like 2

You can call me Colonel whenever you want lol.

I was wearing my Oberst (Bundeswehr from when I was in Germany) sweater while I was working on my armour yesterday. makes me feel important...

20160328_231416_zpsqr35jitq.jpg

Great work Brother!

Thank you mate!

• Like 1