Pyrates AP Build and Journey to The 501st

I had to get in touch with TM to find out how long it took to ship from the UK.

He was very honest with me, which speaks volumes of his character and it was very appreciated, about when my helmet could arrive. I was really concerned of it showing up during my holidays and I would miss the pick-up deadline.

It won't be here before I leave (huge sigh of relief) so I can focus on getting my other bucket done for basic once my armor touch ups are done.

Cheers TM you da man!

• Like 2

Looks like all is going fairly smoothly now... Hope those shin guard pictures helped.. Not sure if they had...

They did good sir however it's a personal OCD issue - I don't want the Velcro to be seen.

Always appreciate the help none the less Captain

• Like 1

I would like to take a moment again to send a big thanks to Chris and his TKVoice - if you want to get in on the beta send him a PM - I have to get the splitter cable still and a speaker but I want to use it for my first comic expo.

You all have to check this out - it sounds absolutely deadly and special thanks to Slyfox740 for his audio - much and appreciation for your contributions gents they are priceless!

TKVoice for IOS : Development Annoucement

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/32270-TKVoice-for-IOS-%3A-Development-Annoucement

What do you use to trim the thigh cover strip?

I used an exacting blade very carefully to score my line, and then used micro pliers to snap the excess off.

They did good sir however it's a personal OCD issue - I don't want the Velcro to be seen.

Always appreciate the help none the less Captain

Velcro can't be seen... No offence taken, it's just a tride and true application of what you're trying to do is all. Only you know the Velcro is there, and it doesn't even make that ripping noise as you walk around.

Try it out, if you don't like it, take the Velcro off, it does come off fairly easily without any damage to shins or plastic.

Edited by TK 2759
  • Like 1

Aye Danimal - I will try Velcro on the inside again - please be aware though it won't look like yours as I have already secured the inner cover strips to create that guide channel and don't want to take them out as I'm aiming for that ID on Friday as I put a proverbial "dent" in my helmet last night.

Velcro would definitely speed things up.

I bit down on my TD and busted through a whole bunch of painting. I just have to do borders, vent lines, apply tube stripe decals and mount hovi tips and lenses.

The only other thing left is giving the bottom of my shins a bath as my ankles are having the same problem as my forearms did.

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 1

Aye Danimal - I will try Velcro on the inside again - please be aware though it won't look like yours as I have already secured the inner cover strips to create that guide channel and don't want to take them out as I'm aiming for that ID on Friday as I put a proverbial "dent" in my helmet last night.

Velcro would definitely speed things up.

I bit down on my TD and busted through a whole bunch of painting. I just have to do borders, vent lines, apply tube stripe decals and mount hovi tips and lenses.

The only other thing left is giving the bottom of my shins a bath as my ankles are having the same problem as my forearms did.

Velcro would probably go along inner guide strip then... And the part that covers the strip. Easy enough fix. I think I understand what you mean, and it shouldn't cause too much of a headache to implement. Velcro isn't screen accurate, but it holds better than what they used on screen.

Velcro would probably go along inner guide strip then... And the part that covers the strip. Easy enough fix. I think I understand what you mean, and it shouldn't cause too much of a headache to implement. Velcro isn't screen accurate, but it holds better than what they used on screen.

Very right good sir - as always

You've helped to spawn an idea - very simple and very quick.

• Like 1

Zipper effort worked but only for 3 zips so had to implement back-up plan.

Page 55 - Post #1090

Since then I have figured out how to solve that problem but I want basic approval - fun with experiments can come later as I've spent too much time on them.

It's crunch time as I leave in a couple of weeks and com expo at the end of April.

• Like 4

Zipper effort worked but only for 3 zips so had to implement back-up plan.

Page 55 - Post #1090

Since then I have figured out how to solve that problem but I want basic approval - fun with experiments can come later as I've spent too much time on them.

It's crunch time as I leave in a couple of weeks and com expo at the end of April.

Bummer, was hoping to see that sweet design in action. A+ for effort and ingenuity  :duim:

• Like 3

Bummer, was hoping to see that sweet design in action. A+ for effort and ingenuity :duim:

Thanks Tony, I haven't given up on it and figured out where I went wrong - but I will save that for another thread.

You will see it again I assure

• Like 1

Thanks Tony, I haven't given up on it and figured out where I went wrong - but I will save that for another thread.

You will see it again I assure

Definitely something brand new and never before seen in the world of white armour. Who knows, if you perfect it, some may actually use the idea! Congrats for your pioneering effort!
  • Like 2