Pyrates AP Build and Journey to The 501st

Hey Aaron, make sure the cover strips are below the upper return edges. If you have to trim them to follow the return edge

gallery_12157_15_41437.jpggallery_12157_15_1150.jpggallery_12157_15_1814.jpggallery_12157_15_2547.jpg

Oober appreciation and thanks Tony!

Finishing touches list:

1. Paint rivets - Done

2. Cut back cover strips on thighs - Done

3. Mount Holster after modifying straps

4. Add seam strips to backs of shins - Done

5. Give "Betty" some weathering, stickers,shiny lenses, and power cords to cells

6. Touch up neck seal at bevels - Done

7. Finish Helmet

8. Watch grass grow while I wait for glue to cure.

9. Test/Back-up plan for shins possible video - Done

10. Re-inspection and CRL review checklist

11. Pick up a trooper tote

12. Clean-up with Novus 1

13. Buff up armor using headlight restoration kit

14. Win the lottery so I can order my next armor and get Option 8 kit

15. Get basic approval

16. Get my TM helmet and get reviewed by the guys. EIB first then apply for Centurion

I swear I could supply a power plant with the voltage I have going through my system right now

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 2

You can get all that done in a little over a week :)

Thanks Jason - I have to admit that I'm a little down (but very little) to see the build coming to a close as its been fun to experiment with different options.

Ahhh the next build should be that much more enjoyable as I won't be needing it to get my approval which is where a lot of that "internal rush to get things done" comes from.

• Like 3

Thanks Jason - I have to admit that I'm a little down (but very little) to see the build coming to a close as its been fun to experiment with different options.

Ahhh the next build should be that much more enjoyable as I won't be needing it to get my approval which is where a lot of that "internal rush to get things done" comes from.

You should build one for someone else that adds on a whole new level of excitement  ;)

• Like 3

Truly exciting times Aaron!!!  

Tony is correct...  Building for someone else is an entirely different level/type of excitement/pride.   :smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

You should build one for someone else that adds on a whole new level of excitement ;)

No doubt - if you botch your in a whole new world of hurt lol

I would definitely have to get one more build done before I would consider the risk - allow me to gain on what I've learned and continue to learn.

Truly exciting times Aaron!!!

Tony is correct... Building for someone else is an entirely different level/type of excitement/pride. :smiley-sw013:

Cheers Tim and thank-you good sir!

Well it's a partial win

adf71ed6fbee0947f781782168644f7d.jpg

And a partial fail

First of all my bad for breaking cure protocol - I was so curious and popped a strip but it's ok. d6dfc23da0c0be0cfdd8fae764ac601b.jpg

And worked out for the best - the zipper worked on the first attempt with just under suit on and hooked the connection first shot - yippee totally stoked - second time with thigh armor on found it slightly more difficult to get hooked (10 to 15 seconds) but again zipped up not a problem

- third time a lot more difficult to get connected 1 to 2 minutes with thigh and boot on still zipped up... annnnd happy feelings gone ....lol

After 3 zips the male connection on the zipper had already worn out - so much for the factory reinforcement - something to experiment with in the future (maybe not a Wally World zipper too). Now to implement the backup plan and pick up some hooks from Fabricland

116ca9aaf1948c61e3754223ea966e3e.jpg

• Like 1

Personally, I'd use Velcro to hold shins together, but that's just me. It does the job well, and have a lot of it on hand lol. Easy to replace if things go awry too.

Cheers Dan - I tried the Velcro earlier and it didn't do what I wanted to.

Because the shins close naturally on their own I'm going to try the straps which can always be switched out for Velcro on a later date.

I'm to the point where I need to get that basic approval before my trip.

• Like 1

I'll send pictures to you mate.. Although it'll be over jeans lol

I was going to wear a white loin cloth if I had to do that video rotfl

• Like 1

I liked the idea too A-Aron.. I'm sure you'll find some way to make something work for ya :) What about bra hooks and velcro combo?

Because I'm big and have sausage mitts I opted for the heavy duty pant closure hooks a little easier for me to use.

And yes, I will experiment more with zippers after I get my basic. Along the same time that I continue my work on my Mark 7 neck seal.

I love this hobby

• Like 3

Because I'm big and have sausage mitts I opted for the heavy duty pant closure hooks a little easier for me to use.

And yes, I will experiment more with zippers after I get my basic. Along the same time that I continue my work on my Mark 7 neck seal.

I love this hobby

Pictures are inbound lol I use Velcro, and look! It even holds over black jeans lol