Pyrates AP Build and Journey to The 501st

It we all had some old tripwire around haha

Good point Eric!

If you don't happen to have Rebel Incinerator trip wire hanging around you can use 18 gauge thermostat copper wire, fence tie wire, or even a trash bag tie wire will work

Good point Eric!

If you don't happen to have Rebel Incinerator trip wire hanging around you can use 18 gauge thermostat copper wire, fence tie wire, or even a trash bag tie wire will work

What about a pulled apart clothes hanger? Lol Edited by TK 2759

So Aaron being the 501st macgyver we'll be able to recognize you in a line of TK's, with the mullet hanging out from under your bucket

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So Aaron being the 501st macgyver we'll be able to recognize you in a line of TK's, with the mullet hanging out from under your bucket

Rotfl I was thinking the plaid shirt and vest but sure the emperor will be pleased with all I'm sure lol

Lol. Well there's a fair bit of ingenuity throughout this thread so its not far from the truth!

• Like 2

Lol. Well there's a fair bit of ingenuity throughout this thread so its not far from the truth!

Too kind mate - thank you

Progress report!

So this is what's left to do:

- glue other shoulder strap to the chest plate

- complete 6 more straps (biceps to bells, chest to ab, kidney to back)

- paint ab buttons

- left side ab rivets

- shin closures

-buffing/polishing

- finish helmet

I'm finally starting to see the end of the climb and the air is thick with energy and adrenaline - Oh yaaaa!

A8DA24A9-4B38-425A-830C-3517DE85022E_zps

• Like 1

Great stuff mate. You're also almost at 1000 posts! Do you mean you are going to put as trap from shoulder bell to bicep, as is done from bicep to forearm? I thought it only required the strap that is held by the bicep hook?

Great stuff mate. You're also almost at 1000 posts! Do you mean you are going to put as trap from shoulder bell to bicep, as is done from bicep to forearm? I thought it only required the strap that is held by the bicep hook?

Yes the hook will suffice for most, but due to the length of my arms I'm trying to get more coverage so they are as low as possible near the the bottom lip of the bell - it's an effort to prevent them from going out of place.

Currently hand sewing my new shin closure system - a lot of sewing left to do but it will be worth it in the end.

Lots of pics to share after they are assembled and curing!

Edited by Pyrates

Additionally, I've been in touch with my Garrison and bought my 4 day pass for the comic expo so I can "Shadow" and learn the ropes of all areas (table, handler/line control, photo booth, and finally TROOPING

Added bonus I'm going to help build the sets - did I mention how much my new Badlands family rocks?

Going to be snapping photos as much as possible.

Epic and great memories to be made ahead - got me just vibin'

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 3

Additionally, I've been in touch with my Garrison and bought my 4 day pass for the comic expo so I can "Shadow" and learn the ropes of all areas (table, handler/line control, photo booth, and finally TROOPING

Added bonus I'm going to help build the sets - did I mention how much my new Badlands family rocks?

Going to be snapping photos as much as possible.

Epic and great memories to be made ahead - got me just vibin'

Awesome! Have a great time! Sounds like a great experience all around for you.
  • Like 1