Pyrates AP Build and Journey to The 501st

Most of the corrections are strapping related and even though I bought these snaps from a Sewing Shop some are hold while others are not.

Didn't like my shin closures with the Velcro - sorry my friends while it does work very well at holding them together with no noise during movement - putting them on I found a little difficult and more time consuming than I would like.

I will be installing heavy duty pant hooks with elastics.

Not happy with the shoulder bridges either - not sure if they need more bend or to be moved forward or both.

Really happy with drop box position, ventilation in bucket and happy to report that it wasn't too hot! Wow when you hit a breeze right though what a cool experience - literally

• Like 2

Most of the corrections are strapping related and even though I bought these snaps from a Sewing Shop some are hold while others are not.

Didn't like my shin closures with the Velcro - sorry my friends while it does work very well at holding them together with no noise during movement - putting them on I found a little difficult and more time consuming than I would like.

I will be installing heavy duty pant hooks with elastics.

Not happy with the shoulder bridges either - not sure if they need more bend or to be moved forward or both.

Really happy with drop box position, ventilation in bucket and happy to report that it wasn't too hot! Wow when you hit a breeze right though what a cool experience - literally

Looking awesome!!

Personally, I think you can move the shoulder bridges forward about two "bars" - that should give you what you are looking for.

• Like 3

Looking awesome!!

Personally, I think you can move the shoulder bridges forward about two "bars" - that should give you what you are looking for.

Oober thanks Gary - will do!

Yes, I concur with Gary...about two bars forward would be good as the gold standard is 5 bars plus the big one. As nice as your helmet looks in a Hero configuration, I think you're going to be incredibly pleased when your TM Hero arrives. I have one on order, too, and can't wait! His build just looks so right....

• Like 1

All look good mate! Looking super with the helmet and person inside the armour. I agree with the first two above, shoulder bridges can be moved down chest plate... Try two bars, if the doesn't look right try another one or two...

• Like 1

Yes, I concur with Gary...about two bars forward would be good as the gold standard is 5 bars plus the big one. As nice as your helmet looks in a Hero configuration, I think you're going to be incredibly pleased when your TM Hero arrives. I have one on order, too, and can't wait! His build just looks so right....

I agree and can't wait to get my TM.

My bucket was a great learning experience however I'm of the same opinion it should be better - cheers

• Like 2

All look good mate! Looking super with the helmet and person inside the armour. I agree with the first two above, shoulder bridges can be moved down chest plate... Try two bars, if the doesn't look right try another one or two...

Appreciate it Dan - thank-you!

• Like 1

Looking awesome!!

Agreed. (Since you used E6000, not much trouble.) But in the meantime, and if you need a break from armour insanity, you can always just add the little white elastics to hold them down flush in the back.... 

Agreed. (Since you used E6000, not much trouble.) But in the meantime, and if you need a break from armour insanity, you can always just add the little white elastics to hold them down flush in the back....

There is elastics good sir - I think I should double them up or change elastic style - great catch and thanks for the help Peter!

e7e9902f5a1d4c2ec000cd5dfa5cf0fa.jpg

Not that I think you need it at all, but Good Luck! Your build thread is a great read. I did have to print it and cut out all the fluff so I could use it as another resource thread. Boy was this a busy thread, lol!

• Like 1

Not that I think you need it at all, but Good Luck! Your build thread is a great read. I did have to print it and cut out all the fluff so I could use it as another resource thread. Boy was this a busy thread, lol!

Lol no doubt - thanks mate!

• Like 1

There is elastics good sir - I think I should double them up or change elastic style - great catch and thanks for the help Peter!

e7e9902f5a1d4c2ec000cd5dfa5cf0fa.jpg

Yep, just looked the pics & your thread again. My bad. Might as well rip 'em off and re-glue. lol However, maybe take a break and enjoy the fruits of your labour for a while?

You deserve to bask in the gloriousness of completing your armour. :) Those straps are not going anywhere...

Yep, just looked the pics & your thread again. My bad. Might as well rip 'em off and re-glue. lol However, maybe take a break and enjoy the fruits of your labour for a while?

You deserve to bask in the gloriousness of completing your armour. :) Those straps are not going anywhere...

Very true and I will take your advice and start getting ready for that trip. I can get fixes done when I get back - thanks my friend

• Like 1