TK-10466 Requesting ANH Stunt Centurion Status [MTK][148]

starsaber25

Hello All.  Finally I am ready to Submit for Centurion!

EIB Thread:  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28862-tk-10466-requesting-anh-stunt-eib-status-mtk414/

• Name:                Steven Sheades
  • TK ID:                10466
  • FISD Name:       starsaber25
  • Garrison:           Empire City Garrison

• Armor:               MTK
  • Helmet:             Troopermaster
  • Blaster:             DVH 2014 E-11

• Height:              5'8"
  • Weight:             190lbs
  • Boots:               Bass Amsterdams
  • Canvas Belt:     Trooperbay
  • Handplates:      Sonnenschein Authentic Line
  • Electronics:       iComm with Aker Amp
  • Neck Seal:        Darman
  • Holster:             Trooperbay

FRONT:

IMG_1772.jpg

LEFT SIDE:

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_9749.jpg

RIGHT SIDE:

IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_9750.jpg

BACK:

IMG_1769.jpg

Side Detail w/ Kidney Notch

IMG_9095.jpg

Kidney Notch #2

IMG_9094.jpg

Sniper Plate:

IMG_9085.jpg

Ammo Pack:

IMG_9084.jpg

Inner Dropboxes:

IMG_9083.jpg

Shoulder Elastic:

IMG_9080.jpg

Cod Snap:

IMG_9093.jpg

Butt Snaps:

IMG_9092.jpg

Inside Strapping:

IMG_9091.jpg

Ab Detail:

IMG_9747.jpg

Inside Forearms:

IMG_9100.jpg

Hand Guards:

IMG_9099.jpg

Thermal Detonator:

IMG_9105.jpg

Helmet Front:

IMG_9693.jpg

Helmet Right:

IMG_9692.jpg

Helmet Left:

IMG_9107.jpg

Helmet Back:

IMG_9106.jpg

Helmet Mic Detail:

IMG_9101.jpg

Helmet S-Trim:

IMG_9102.jpg

Neck Seal:

IMG_9694.jpg

E-11:

IMG_9741.jpg

IMG_9738.jpg

IMG_9745.jpg

Action Shots!:

IMG_9752.jpg

IMG_9751.jpg

IMG_9754.jpg

Thank you for looking and please accept my application for your consideration!

Edited by starsaber25
  • Like 1

Looking pretty good Steven. Good luck!

One little suggestion you could do to improve your TD would be to cut off the excess you have on your clips, keep the new angles square, and then reposition the panel downward to cover that hole and be more accuratly placed. I don't know what's the purpose of this hole but if it's to ease the sliding of the end caps, then you can make a new one positioned more at the back of the TD, where it won't be visible.

img_9110.jpg

Original:

med_gallery_12157_51_33329.jpg

Hey guys thanks for the response.  Yeah I know about the thermal detonator and I have been bouncing back and forth on what to do with it.  Yes the hole was to get the caps on and I originally screwed it up a little bit.  I was intending on covering it up with the panel but it didn't work out.  So my issue is and why I never fixed it right away is the clips are nut and bolted on the inside and the end caps are glued on with E6000.  I originally tried to lightly pry off one of the end caps and started to realize I may damage them so I stopped.  However, before I made my submission I was just thinking about going ahead trying to get them off and see what happens.  So I will probably do that anyway at this point.  BTW everyone these clips are Evilboys "Screen Accurate" TD clips.  They actually aren't accurate so I hope he fixes them at some point.

And yeah Scott the election threads were certainly entertaining!  I was ready to make my submission two days ago but decided to hold off until the debate came to an end.  Back to the armor!

Edited by starsaber25

Awesome build Steven :duim: 

May I suggestion maybe shortening your shoulder (elastic) straps a bit. This would serve 2 purposes, 1st it will help decrease the gap between your back and OII plate (though it's not too bad) but most importantly, maybe help pull up the shoulder bells decreasing the gap between you chest and OII plates which seems a bit excessive.  

Other than that, fabulous job  :D

Hey Guys thanks for the comments:

May I suggestion maybe shortening your shoulder (elastic) straps a bit. This would serve 2 purposes, 1st it will help decrease the gap between your back and OII plate (though it's not too bad) but most importantly, maybe help pull up the shoulder bells decreasing the gap between you chest and OII plates which seems a bit excessive.  

Tony - I have fooled around with my shoulder elastic multiple times and each time I have gone one way or the other, it opens up a new problem unfortunately.  If I shorten them then the chest plate gets pulled up and there is a gap between that and the ab plate if I move a little.  If I leave them longer then there are gaps in other areas.  After fooling with it many times I am currently I feel that I am in the best spot.  So unless I am required to try and fix it even more then it might be the best its going to be right now.

Are the notches square? They look longer than 22mm on one edge.

Hi Mark.  Yes they are square.  Maybe it is because of the photos and the different angles but they are the same.

• Like 1

Hello Steve!!! Thank you for your Centurion Application!! Let's have a look! 

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements:

All required photos are present and accounted for. With great joy I can say that your armor displays all necessary details that Centurion requires. This badge was well earned! Congratulations!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:  Alhough MTK is not on our vetted list here, in my opinion, it needs to be. This is a great example of why. the little changes that have been done is really beginning to set this part from other armors of the same lineage. 

Thank you, Steve, for making the small changes as suggested like raising your belt to the proper position and getting your shoulders into the right place. Looks dynamite! 

Again I want to compliment your paintwork on the helmet.

I think we have thoroughly covered your Thermal Detonator. I am glad you were able to make those changes safely without damage to the piece. Germain had brought up the rounded edges at the top and it is a shame that they come that way. I don;t know where the idea came from to round them off like that but you nailed the issue. Well done!

As for the length of your strap that joins the back with the chest over the shoulders, the length really doesn't make too much of a difference if the end result is accomplished. Not everyone is built the same and the fact that these molds historically lack in material at the shoulders, sometimes a longer strap is what is needed to ensure the parts fit where they are supposed to. As seen in this case.

Just a reminder for troopers that need to incorporate the kidney notch into their kidney plates. The measurements as provided should be seen as a guide. As long as the notch looks proportionate, I will never ask to show a linear measurement. 

I would consider gluing up that left handplate. That will just get looser and risk being ripped off by catching on something. 

Congratulations again, Steve!!

• Like 1

Hell Yeah!  Thanks Steve and everyone for the guidance throughout this journey.  I will continue to make the changes as they need to be made in the future to keep my armor looking in top notch shape!  Yeah that handplate literally came unglued when I was taking the pictures.  They need a new dose. 

Yeah Steve I hope MTK can finally get on the vetted list.  I know MTK doesn't care if he is or isn't but people really appear to shy away from other armors that aren't on that list.  Or they just don't know about them in general.  MTK has made many changes to his armor at this point that it should be a consideration just based on the fact that he is continually looking to improve the overall look to become more accurate.

This process was truly awesome from day one!  What a fun hobby we have here and what an awesome support group.  I know there is much poop slinging going on right now with the elections and all but atleast that all means nothing when it comes down to armor and the building process.  Everyone really does want the best for this detachment and hobby and I really do appreciate it.

Thanks Again everyone!

Edited by starsaber25
  • Like 1

Hey thanks again everyone!  Its certainly exciting when you obtain Centurion level.  When you start out Centurion seems like light years away.  But here I am!

Congrats buddy. Well done!

It's your turn Ian!