My major concern...FX armor harassment

gazmosis

We are part of a costuming club. Within our walls contains passionate people who are strong in their beliefs and proud of who they have become. Everyone has the right to provide opinions which can be sometimes strongly defended. And good for anyone who has an opinion!

Everyone knows about the ruling of the FX helmet. However, there are those members who have rocked their FX armor (some for 10 years or better )and will not upgrade which is their right. Many of these members are VERY STRONGLY opinionated on this subject. There are some people who would like to see the FX helmet eliminated all together but that, too, is an opinion. JUST AN OPINION! It is not our job to force the idea of upgrading on members whose right it is to keep their FX armor that they have had for so many years. If these members inquire about upgrading, by all means encourage and guide them. However, I have heard from a few FX wearing members that they have been harassed by some FISD members for wearing FX. If this indeed happened, this is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. We are here to give support no matter what the maker of armor a member chooses to buy with their own money.

• Like 17

I have a set of FX armor, it was given to me by a very close fellow trooper who had it as an extra. It was already assembled and it fit me perfectly and I could not get the smile off my face for days. Then I discovered this site and read all the bad things about FX armor and that is why I never posted any pictures.  I do enjoy being a member here but I have read comments here that were not necessary. Just remember guidance, kindness and  friendship makes for great trooping.

• Like 7

Bravo, Steve.

As has been mentioned a few times here within the hallowed halls of FISD, at the end of the day we are grown-ups who dress up as plastic spacemen.

Why do we do it?

To help others.

When all is said and done, whether it is in FX Armor, or TM Armor, we go places and we deliver smiles to people. In that, we should embrace all of our fellow members as our brothers and sisters. I fully agree, nobody should ever be made to feel unwelcomed because of what type of armor they happen to be wearing. I don't think anything else needs to be said.

If you're ever down in Fort Worth, Texas Patrick, look me up... We'll troop the streets together, brother!!

• Like 7

If the Helmet is FX or TM or Am does not matter to the Kids.

They love Troopers and they do not see the small differences.

I modded my FX Armor with a lot af work and changed to the TM helmet because i like the TM helmet more than the FX.

But this is my opinion.

FX was my first armor and i like it. it is a hobby and not more.

The most accurate is a RS made from the orginla molds than we have to say only this is allowed !!

• Like 2

The Provost Marshall position was created to manage comments on this forum.

when a person makes a questionable comment, the provost marshall should take steps to advise the commenter.

it's a part of the way the FISD is supposed to stand in, as a staff member and defend the very concept mentioned here.

I'd like to see the marshall team, which includes all major staff members and the marshal position itself

to take an active role in making the FISD a place where everyone feels welcome.

even in a welcoming place there are some armor snobs still out there.

I was one of those types, until I learned from the provost marshall how to better communicate.

accuracy and fandom can produce some interesting results!

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

I feel that FX armor shouldn't be eliminated. I think it's ok that it's no longer passable for 501st approval only because now there's so many better a variants of armor now. But to those who still use their old FX I still say go ahead and rock it. It shows the beginnings of the 501st and where we cam from.

• Like 2

I feel that FX armor shouldn't be eliminated. I think it's ok that it's no longer passable for 501st approval only because now there's so many better a variants of armor now. But to those who still use their old FX I still say go ahead and rock it. It shows the beginnings of the 501st and where we cam from.

Only the bucket is eliminated from standard approval.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have a set of FX armor, it was given to me by a very close fellow trooper who had it as an extra. It was already assembled and it fit me perfectly and I could not get the smile off my face for days. Then I discovered this site and read all the bad things about FX armor and that is why I never posted any pictures.  I do enjoy being a member here but I have read comments here that were not necessary. Just remember guidance, kindness and  friendship makes for great trooping.

I'm basically in the same boat... a friend of mine gave me a set for almost nothing. I sold the bucket and got an ATA because I knew already that they are just too big looking.I went through and did the cover strip/butt joint method on everything to make it look more accurate. I'm going TD with it. I'm not done with it, but when I am, that would be a real shame to get attitude from someone about it. I'm mean really....armor snobs??? I'm a cooler nerd than you are.....neener neener neener!!! Laughable.

• Like 2

It's not just FX... I've actually been told that my AM armor is cr@p. So has another future member who isn't finished yet. Unfortunately you encounter people like this in any area of interest, not just 501st.

i just dont see the point in bullying people about what they decided to purchase. I think some of these people really need to take a look in the mirror and figure out why exactly they joined the ranks to begin with. We are all family!

I personally am not a fan of the FX kit, but i would never make fun of it. it is an armor that has helped this detachment grow, and we should be thankful of it.

• Like 1

It's not just FX... I've actually been told that my AM armor is cr@p. So has another future member who isn't finished yet. Unfortunately you encounter people like this in any area of interest, not just 501st.

Really? I rock the AM and so do a couple other guys in IE Squad and I've yet to hear anyone say a thing about the AM armor. Maybe because it's a derivative of the NE armor which in turn is based off the FX armor? Either way, no legion member should ever put down another member for their armor. That's just being a bully. Even if someone showed up in an unmodified rubies armor set, it just might mean they didn't know about fisd or any of the other places to get info about armor. As a legion prospect myself, I feel it's everyone's duty to help inform and encourage others about proper armor and equipment with an attitude. And to those that do try and bully others, shame on them. The 501st is a way for us to escape reality and the harshness of life so we can come together to have fun and bring joy into the life of others while we do it. The legion shouldn't tolerate armor snobs.

• Like 2

Maybe because it's a derivative of the NE armor which in turn is based off the FX armor?

I think you got the linage backwards.

Either way, the legion doesn't tolerate bullying for any reason. Should that be the case, talk to your garrison COG.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

While I agree wholeheartedly that bullying is intolerable, I (perhaps playing devils advocate here)wonder if these guys who are bullying even realise it? Perhaps they believe they are just gently ribbing the new guy? If they are genuinely mocking the guys rocking BrandX armour,then they need a kick up the hole(to use an Irish expression!) and told to wise up.It's inexcusible.

Maybe it's a cultural thing,..but we are forever taking the pee out of each other in our garrison,..usually it's me on the receiving end because of my 'differently beautiful' ROTJ, but it's nothing more than banter. It's meant to be taken lightly,and everyone from the RS guys,the FX guys and the CFO guy takes it in good humour,..and dishes out as much as they get.Nobody takes the pee out of me more than me!

These guys who are being hurtful..have they been appraoched and spoken to? The best way to counter ignorance is to educate...

• Like 2

Its funny but I have been on three troops with my AM kit and because of the fitment issues went with a different bucket (pin head), chest and back plates (short torso). When I found out what the other TKs were wearing older FX with different buckets and looking at the pictures afterward from 10 feet away who would know what maker was what? I have not seen a FX bucket yet. I enjoy the trooping and what I really love best about the garrison I am in is that so far besides my fresh armor the vets wear to enjoy, troop and please the kids and parents! I have seen so many repairs and fixes to the vets armor that I think about do I need to polish off the rub marks or dang I got the belt a little dirty? I don't think the garrison has a EIB or Centurion TK from the 13 of us. I think the concern about who has what armor should not matter once they meet the 501st approval and if your already in then the grandfather statute should apply. The only thing I got from my fellow TKs and a really tall Snowy was that being a little bit over 5'-9" with three taller troopers was how small I looked! It was all good and as they put it (great bunch of guys) was someday I will grow up!

"Wear to enjoy"

Believe it or not, some troopers are not even aware the FISD exists. But beyond that, and WAY more concerning to me, are the troopers that have been razzed and are telling other people to stay away from that 
ELITEST GROUP OF SNOBS over at FISD. To give people a negative opinion of us before even visiting this page is terrible but it is happening. 

What some think is harmless razzing is just low scale bullying. Does the trooper really even care that his tube stripes are out of position or he has an ESB holster on his ANH armor? Probably not. But it's not our place to make him feel that his armor is lower quality because of stuff like that. If people want more information, they will ask. If you have done 70 hours of research, took 4 months to build it and have your armor/blaster looking better than the ones on film....OUT friggin STANDING!!!!!  But that doesn't automatically give you the right to put down others. 

No matter what is worn and how it is worn, we are here for same reason playing for the same team! Let the GML's make the basic decisions. 

• Like 2

For the record.... I'm the guy who rode the LMO around until he stopped approving the FX helmet but I will happily troop with anyone. As long as you have fun I don't care if you still rock a FX helmet. I care more that you a) actually troop B) aren't a jerk..

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I guess that leaves me out of it ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Who knows if you're an actual jerk, or just Swedish? Time will tell.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

vikings do have strong opinions.  as a viking living in california I have the mindset of accuracy instead of

over fond memories of armor that looks like

a tupperware trash can.

if some guy who is too large wants to be a stormtrooper.. GO FOR IT!

I personally believe that brian and liz should be the sculpts we all are shown is the goal of the 501 as a whole.

the entire membership will eventually have small medium and large armor to choose from.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

In all honosty, I look at the armor and can't tell the diffrance between the makers. All the armor in the CRL looks the same to me except the minor details like the handplates from ANH and ESB or the trimmed eadges of the ROTJ. those are to only details I notice.

I'm saddened that anyone on FISD would make fun of anyone sporting FX armor. I created FISD where any and all 501st TK's can find fellowship, regardless of what armor they sported.

Anyone who makes fun of someone else's armor is not living to the spirit of FISD.

• Like 6

are the troopers that have been razzed and are telling other people to stay away from that

ELITEST GROUP OF SNOBS over at FISD. To give people a negative opinion of us before even visiting this page is terrible but it is happening.

I'm certainly not throwing any names out there, but when I started my build the only place I knew for my research was the FISD family. It wasn't until looking for my 501'st approval that I was pointed to my local garrison- when my approval was complete- and I signed up for my first troop I was met with a lot of disdain for the the FISD group. I mentioned shooting for EIB and Centurion and a few other TKs here locally snickered and made light of "trying to impress anyone in "that group".

It certainly hasn't been my experience here - but Steve your absolutely right on. There are some false perceptions and I experienced it first hand.