Proposed CRL for Felucian Stormtrooper Officer - Obsolete

TK-1422

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it translates pretty good. I'll always be a grunt. Cannonfodder White. This guy was at D*C with a similar EU costume. Very nicely done when you see it in person. Check out the stellar job he did on the FX build!

Ā 

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 3 weeks later...

I've been able to get some screen shots from the game, unfortunately they aren't all that clear. (click the thumbnails to make the pics larger).

imBZlS4.jpglFWAbj5.jpg

Ā 

Notice that the hands are all white, (I wonder whether they were forgotten about, like in the first Battlefront game where the TB didn't have knee armor) Also the back armor does not have any blue on it unlike the figure. And the stripes over the boots, there's only one photo of them and they appear to go right over the front the boot to the sole, again unlike the the figure.

Rick

Smitty said:
I think it translates pretty good. I'll always be a grunt. Cannonfodder White. This guy was at D*C with a similar EU costume. Very nicely done when you see it in person. Check out the stellar job he did on the FX build!

Ā 

-----------

Ā 

Ā 

thats "clutch" from the florida garrison/makaze squad, his armor has been like that for years. when we all saw the STC we all though "did LFG jack his armor scheme?". his helmet has the exact stripe, albeit in black.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

From the reference shots I've seen there are 2 versions of the Felucian trooper. They seem to flip flop between TK and clone backplates, shins, and there are several ab plate versions. The only consistency is that they all have clone shoulder bells.

Ā 

Thanks for the reference shots, keep them coming.

• 2 months later...

Games been out a while now, no activity on the thread here. :(

Ā 

I've started my own, but did not see the CRL until now. I'm using the Sideshow toy 12" shots as reference for painting. Unfortunately not seeing the CRL meant I did not use the Duplicolor Royal Blue. I used a couple layers of Krylon True Navy as a base, then topped with Krylon True Blue. I think it's very close. I'll try to get some pics posted before the weekend of what I have done.

I think a question on many people's mind:

Ā 

What does the back look like?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

The only one I can find with a back pic is actually for sale atm on the main boards. However, the ab paint job looks a little innacurate (ugh.. and the fx bucket..):

Ā 

-------------

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks!

Ā 

Darryl-

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

TA3202 said:

I think a question on many people's mind:

Ā 

What does the back look like?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

The only one I can find with a back pic is actually for sale atm on the main boards. However, the ab paint job looks a little innacurate (ugh.. and the fx bucket..):

Ā 

-----------

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks!

Ā 

Darryl-

Ā 

The back looks like the front. The best reference is the Sideshow Toys version. It's fairly accurate to the game shots.

Ā 

And as far as FX helmets...hey, we all started somewhere... :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 4 weeks later...

Felucia Stormtrooper??

I thought this was "Stormtrooper Commander"

Am I mistaken?

The "Stormtrooper Commander" "Name" is definitely a more "Powerful" name.

My Armor is almost ready, I have spent close to 35 -45 hours to make it right, clean , not battle damaged, I'd say its near perfect,

the last part I have to finish is the hardest & what I think is the most important, The Helmet.

I will add fans & speaker system. will have pics soon, I will add a few to my myspace at

www.myspace.com/atlitalian

tomorrow.

I am trying to find out how to get the Armor "Approved" 501st & get it own official ID

Any new leads to approval?

Ā 

Atl Italian

Ā 

TK-7498

Georgia Garrison

• 1 month later...
Darksaber212 said:
Here a few shots of Doug's costume based off the SSC 12" Stormtrooper Commander.

-----------

Ā 

I'm in the process of weathering my armor now. I was waiting on a cloth belt and flat lenses to finish it up.

Ā 

Just FYI, I did not use the duplicolor colors. this kit started out as a Black FX kit.

Ā 

I did a Krylon gray primer base on all the parts and then built up the white with Krylon Semi-gloss White.

Ā 

the frown and gray's are Krylon gloss gray.

Ā 

once everything had a nice solid base of white, I masked the pattern with tape and liquid mask as needed and did a really light spray of Krylon Navy Blue, blotching it up in some areas purposefully to give a better undertone.

Ā 

Once that single pass of navy was done I did a single top coat of Krylon True Blue, making sure to keep the coat complete and even.

Ā 

Everything has a sealer on it now.

Ā 

My weathering is going to consist of some water based acrylics for dirt, blast marks, etc. and then some knocking off of the blue back to the white undercoat with decking screws, steel wool, and probably some slides across the driveway concrete. Some areas, the white will be knocked back to the gray primer or black bare plastic. when I'm happy with it all I'll reseal it.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Has a decision been made on which reference image/s we are using for the base of the paint scheme?--------

Ā 

Not forgetting the game screen caps

lFWAbj5.jpgimBZlS4.jpg

Ā 

We need to decide on the dimensions of the striping, what colour blue is to be used and also what amount of weathering, if any, is required.

Ā 

Rick

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Not yet. This is ultimately up to the LMO, but we should step up with a list of recommendations.

Ā 

What do you suggest Rick?

• 3 weeks later...

OK - I got an actual render for this character from LFL. What's interesting is this:

Ā 

Helmet

In both the larger action figures and the render, the helmet is an ANH Stunt base

Ā 

Armor

For both larger action figures, the armor is clearly ANH. In the render however it's ROTJ but with ANH hand plates.

Ā 

I'd like to draft the CRL so that it allows for both variants. What do you guys think?

FYI I also put a proposed EIB standard up at -------------

Ā 

Ā 

What do you guys think?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

OK - I got an actual render for this character from LFL. What's interesting is this:

Ā 

Helmet

In both the larger action figures and the render, the helmet is an ANH Stunt base

Ā 

Armor

For both larger action figures, the armor is clearly ANH. In the render however it's ROTJ but with ANH hand plates.

Ā 

I'd like to draft the CRL so that it allows for both variants. What do you guys think?

Ā 

I'd assume both should be allowed for, it makes it easier to build a costume from because realistically its intended to just be a stormy with blue stripes.

Daetrin said:
FYI I also put a proposed EIB standard up at ------------

Ā 

What do you guys think?

Ā 

Looks good to me so far Paul.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Ā 

Helmet

Ā 

Armor

Ā 

Ā 

I'd be interested to see the render...:)