Proposed CRL for Felucian Stormtrooper Officer - Obsolete

TK-1422

Also I would like to question the helmet standard( ANH vs FX)

Helmets look very different on different size people, body frames play a big part in how the

overall armor looks on an individual. I think this should be taken into consideration as well.

I think approvals should be taken individually but basic standards should exist.

How can we get this to Thomas Spanos for approval?

Atl Italian

TK-7498

Georgia Garrison

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure I follow - when I say ANH I mean the movie, not a non-FX helmet. EIB standards are optional and set at the detachment, so no LMO approval is necessary.

Or, are you asking if Thomas should make a ruling on removing FX helmets from all TK-based CRL's? (TK, TD, TX)

Darksaber212 said:
Here a few shots of Doug's costume based off the SSC 12" Stormtrooper Commander.

some additional shots pre-weathering. I'll post some weathered shots this weekend after our Friday event.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

How did you prepare and paint the boots? they look good.

nothing more than blue painters tape. It took many little pieces to get the curve over the top of the foot. I used the width of the tape as a guide for the front stripe, and then the back strip looked to me to widen near the sole in the sideshow 12" I was using as reference, so I had to eyeball that. once everything was taped up tight I just used the same krylon navy blotches with true blue over it I used on the rest of the armor...no other prep on the shoes. I figured I was planning to weather anyway so if it didn't hold I'd be fine...it seems to be just fine. The paint did not harden so much it just flakes off at all. Of course, I did use some very thin coats. It covers well, so even a thin coat looked good.

BTW, those are CABoots TK boots. (god I hate how they smell)

• 2 weeks later...

ok so is this armor accepted by the 501st? i saw one of the action figures in a japanese toy page and i was so hyped since i own a "A New Hope" storm trooper armor and i thougt of turning into this, but if its a officially accepted by the 501st, any help?

I know one person who has been approved with this costume - at least you can see it in their profile pix. I'm abashed that me and my staff have not finalized a CRL submission from our POV. :(

Actually I'm not sure how best to codify the paint, and am open to suggestions. It seems to me that the blue should match whatever is called out for the 501st clonetroopers - that at least seems the intent.

I'll try to play hookie from work to get some time to write this up better than what we have it. In the meantime, if anyone wants to send me a figure, PS2 game, etc. and I can get some first hand experience with this costume... :) Or at least some good detail pix.

Daetrin said:
I know one person who has been approved with this costume

I have been approved as a TK Officer.

--------

My only deviation o the CRL is the type of paint I used. But as you can see with weathering, it really changes, so it's more difficult to tell any difference with heavy weathering.

--------

More shots can be seen ----------

I still haven't had a chance to suit up with the weathering done and get some shots taken.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

wow that looks great, im currently finishing my tk suit so i thougt if i could do this one from the start it would be great, but i didnt know if it was aproved, maybe you could give me some tips as to how to start painting my suit, how did you weathered yours down?

wow that looks great, im currently finishing my tk suit so i thougt if i could do this one from the start it would be great, but i didnt know if it was aproved, maybe you could give me some tips as to how to start painting my suit, how did you weathered yours down?

I put up a detailed post on the show off thread, should give you all the detail you need.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like Gentle Giant is doing a bust as well. White hand plates...

GGS-Exclusive-05.jpg

That looks pretty awesome! I might have to pick one of those up.

• 4 weeks later...

The name should be changed to simply "Stormtrooper Commander"

In the game they are just called Stormtrooper Commanders and they appear everywhere, not just Felucia. In fact, i think there was only one on the Felucia mission.

Thanks Jonathan - I was just using what the the action figure said. I see that the CRL has been updated to also say "Stormtrooper Commander" and will update our site.

I'm also going to close this thread and create a new one, as the original post from Kevin is out of date.