Proposed CRL for Felucian Stormtrooper Officer - Obsolete

TK-1422

Here's a first cut at what the FISD might consider as a CRL standard for the Force Unleashed Felucian Stormtrooper Officer (To be approved by the FISD and LMO).

Here's research I did on the costume at the TX Det forum, but honestly I personally feel it belongs here because although it's EU, from what I can tell it's not a Special Operations trooper - it's a Stormtrooper Commander. As TX Det Lead, I'll be happy to work with FISD Leadership and the LMO so everything goes smoothly despite some earlier hiccups.

As you'll notice in the reference pics, there are some significant detail variances. I think with what pics we have, there can be some healthy debate on how the FISD wishes to work this costume.

3 Picture Rule References (3 different sources): -----------

Must have Armor Details:

- White Glossy Stormtrooper armor, made in ABS, HIPS, or fiberglass with rank stripe details in Duplicolor Royal Blue that exactly match the videogame and action figure references posted above. Armor can be battle-weathered (minor scuffs).

- Black Gloves made of rubber, leather, or leather-like material with no visible ornamental stitching and TK handplates

- Black or Dark Navy Blue undersuit, either one-piece or two piece. Non-textured material. Commonly used items include “UnderArmor” or “Starter” warm-up suits, or dance unitards.

- White, ankle high, laceless, Stormtrooper boots. The boots are usually made from leather or vinyl and must have Royal Blue rank stripes on them.

- Drop boxes (small rectangular parts attached to stormtrooper’s belts, above the thigh)

- Thermal Detonator (aka O2 Cannister) center mounted on the back of the belt

- "Buttons and ridges" ab plate, as opposed to the flat rectangular ab plate of sandtroopers

- Polygon knee plate mounted on the left shin, as opposed to the diamond knee plate of sandtroopers

- Ribbed shoulder straps

- Black or Dark Navy Blue ribbed neckseal (must match bodysuit color). The ribs should be horizontal, not be loose, and should extend from the base of the neck to the top of the adam's apple.

- Correctly colored and sized ab plate buttons. Buttons are approximately 7/16" in diameter.

- Belt may alternatively be canvas or canvas covered, approximately 3" wide.

- Holster must be white or black and on the trooper's left side. It may be made of leather, vinyl, or heavy cloth devoid of any ornamental stitching.

Helmet Details:

- Black or grey cheek, frown, and helmet indents

- Royal blue tube stripes & rank stripe matching the videogame & action figure references posted above

- Flat or bubble green, smoke, or black lenses

E-11 Blaster Details:

- Scratch-built, resin cast, hyperfirm rubber cast, or modified e-11 toy blaster based off a Sterling sub-machine gun body. No other blaster has been shown or approved.

I hope this helps foster some cooperation between our two Dets.

Kev

TX Special Operations Detachment Lead

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent start - thanks so much Kevin! I've updated the CRL to reference the base stormtrooper requirements (to avoid duplication) and to match the CRL format provided by Mark/Rhonda:

A Felucian Stormtrooper Officer

Must have

- Comply with the Must Have section of the Stormtrooper CRL

- Have rank stripe details in Duplicolor Royal Blue that exactly match the videogame and action figure references posted above.

- Royal blue tube stripes & rank stripe matching the videogame & action figure references posted above

May have

- Armor can be battle-weathered (minor scuffs).

- A Dark Navy Blue undersuit of the same style as the Stormtrooper undersuit may be worn in lieu of a black one.

- A Dark Navy Blue neckseal may be worn if it matches the bodysuit color and if a blue undersuit is worn.

- The holster may be white instead of black, but otherwise must match the Stormtrooper holster requirement.

- Traps/Tears may be black instead of gray

- Lenses may be bubble green or flat black, in addition to the accepted base variants.

White Glossy Stormtrooper armor, made in ABS, HIPS, or fiberglass with rank stripe details in Duplicolor Royal Blue that exactly match the videogame and action figure references posted above. Armor can be battle-weathered (minor scuffs).

Does this include the paint runs and bleeding :P

OK, what are the other references. I saw the pictures of the action figure, and I've seen the artwork on the Legion boards, but what are the other 2 usable reference. Spanos said that action figures couldn't be used as a references, and I'm not about to hit Rhonda up about it wit the game being 4 months away.

Oddly enough, Thomas brought up the idea and I've submitted the pics to Rhonda already and the only issue she had was the must have, could have, and optional requirements. It's entirely up to the FISD to refine what I started (and I think Daetrin did a great job). It seems to me all we're missing is a finished costume pic for formal submission to the CRL, which was what we were working on at the Spec Ops Det. But like I said, it'd be best to have game captures to be certain of the final look and feel (or at least the artwork from the upcoming "making of" book to nail the spec.

I think the screen caps will be more definitive. Looking at the photo refs I'm not certain that the black lenses, tears, traps, and tube stripes are intentional, and if for the action figure it was chosen for cost/simplicity.

It's worth noting that the action figure complies with ANH/ESB Elite details, such as closed side gaps and what appears is a split butt/kidney plates. :)

So are we saying this is going to be an approved costume? Is someone already working one ar are we still in the CRL stage? By the way should we have some link to the plain clothed TK/CO from ANH incase we want to work one or do we have to just register with the Imperial Officers Det to go that route? For me TK with or without armor is still a TK...does that make sense? But before anyone jumps my chili I do understand the Det are there for ease of costuming and not for paramilitary purposes.

It can be approved quite easily if the costumer meets the specs. Rhonda already has a draft CRL entry for this for when the TX Det was working it, but as it's FISD's now, she'll go with your specs.

I've hit up the game devs for screencaps and am awaiting their response. It suits their promotional purposes to provide us with something to go by, but it's their call.

Thanks Kev! I noticed on the trailer I saw there were some other variants not covered on the action figures - I know I posted about it on 501st area but can't find the thread - but I'm wondering if they can provide caps on them as well.

• 5 months later...

Work in progress, :) Mod's feel free to move this post if it's in the wrong place.

Some of the the Mighty REDBACK SQUAD participating in a 10km fun run (walk) and me with my FSC WIP.

It's very hard to do due to the lack of reference pics... But I've painted mine royal blue with some battle damage. Ignore the runners , drop leg pouch and camel back...that was just to help me lol

We've got the Force Unleashed promo this weekend and ...well... someone had to do it right?

wbuvVKM.jpg

HKwd2kw.jpg

JLRcuK8.jpg

Oh the last pic, the one with the wonder woman clones.....we were in a costume competition after the race and they awarded the $500 dollar first prize to the inflatey shark costumes....it was rigged I tells ya :P

Rick

Wow - pretty neat to see this come to life for real. I think the color choice is correct - I'd suspect that conceptually it would match the exact blue of the 501st clones.

Guess we better get the CRL for this submitted quick!

once you see it for real i think it looks kind of cool, haven't seen an in game shot of it yet, all i saw was the action figure and it looked a bit naff.

but on a full suit i think its rather sweet.

if only i had a second suit of armor to do this to.

Just another couple of shots of the armor at home , one showing the paint scheme on the right leg not really seen in the pics posted before. The pics are from my phone and are a little washed out.

Rick

HRo2E8T.jpg

Well, as soon as I get a chance i'll put some more pics up, showing the back (which was a real pain in the butt to paint, i don't mind tellin' ya' lol) and the boots, close ups of the bucket and other areas of interest. I would like to see some screen caps of the game as well. I've based the paint scheme on what I've seen in the different pictures of the figure and the art work on the figure's card. The paint color and battle damage are 'based' on the figure as well.

cCet132.jpg

My concern is that the game's screen caps may have something slightly different and may result in another paint job, particularly if the paint is a lighter blue as opposed to the royal blue I used. I guess that's the risk you take when decide not to wait for the game to come out before you start your project. Oh well no guts no glory right? B)

Rick

OK, it will be when you're ready. The process is when you are ready to have the sources lined up, pix also of you with detailed shots of you in armor, and then the detachment submits it to the LMO for review, comments, etc. If there are any questions it will go back and forth for a bit. Once it's approved as a 501st costume with a CRL, you can use this for a TK designation.

Since toys are not known for accuracy, I believe that screen grabs from the game will win out over any figure, though you'll need both.

The "making of" book for Force Unleashed was a complete waste of time for costumers - pretty much oil paintings of backgrounds and characters. When the game comes out in 6 days, I'm certain all will be clear and we'll see some good screen caps.

I did try to get pics from LFL through my contacts, but it never panned out.

Congrats on capturing the look and feel of the costume. I see very little reason you would not be approved if I can scratch up some pic references.

Kev

You're costume is looking really tight - how many can say they were the first? :)

Awesome! For a CRL submission we'd need head to toe shots of you facing L, R, F, B, and side, and screen caps that show same angles.