Stormtrooper in Episode VII

DroidHunter

Yeah, it only has one mic tip too. Yuk...

I found this link the other day. Lot's of good stuff and it's very plausible. Keep in mind it may contain factual spoiler information, so be aware:

http://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/2nyd64/rumor_potential_4chan_episode_vii_leak_possible/

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

On 12/7/2014 at 7:24 AM, skyone said:

The Force awakens stormtrooper undersuit

----------------

Hi All

To save anyone else buying one (and potentially wasting their money on shipping and import fees) I decided to buy one of the undersuits via the link, but not without emailing the guy(s) at "Stormtrooperundersuit.com" for a bit of background info. He mentioned that it had been commissioned by AVCO for the production (this info has now been added to the listing on their page). 

I took some photos of the suit that arrived. The shiny section seems to be as stretchy as the rest of the suit (although I can't say how well it fits as I haven't tried it on yet). 

7KarrXK.jpg

Hope these pics help.

Cheers

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

Thank you for showing this to us!

Well done.

Well, it may have been comissioned for the production, but looking at the trailer, it seems not for the Stormtroopers, as the material is simply not ribbed ...

Or the ribbed rubber at elbows, knees and shoulders was added by the costume department and the the hips are just left shiny. That is something we couldn't see in the trailer.

Still looks far from usable ... (to me, at least)

Edited by Bone

I did ask the person at StormtrooperUndersuits about the ribbing. He said that this was added over the undersuit.

I've had a quick play with one of the stills from the trailer and it doesn't look like there's any ribbing on the "buttock" area. It might be why the undersuit has a shiny area.

---------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yes... I usually can't sit through 10 minute YouTube videos, but this one had me captivated the whole time.

This video actually got me thinking that one of my best friends from high school mentioned that he was thinking about building Stormtrooper armor.

Turns out he's on this forum and made one over a year ago.

He's the one that let me know about FISD!  Now I'm hooked!

Chris

I was going through allot of the threads and saw this, and I was AMAZED at this guys talent...   I "USE TO" consider myself a tinker, now, compared tot his guy, I just think that I throw rocks at stuff !

Dan

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been able to get a really good HD capture on the teaser trailer?

I'm trying to get a good feel for the blaster, and the trooper in the trailer draws it from the thigh up to the ready position, but I've only seen screen caps of the blaster at the ready.

I'd love to see some good shots of the blaster (frame by frame style perhaps) right before and during the draw sequence.

Yes, that would be nice to have. But this is such a short sequence, I doubt we would see more than just blurry frames :(

Some of the familiar parts have simply been painted white, but there are also additional white parts, which we haven't yet seen clearly.

And that chromed scope is something I still need to get used to... (no chrome on the whole armor as far as we know)

On 3/10/2015 at 4:11 AM, Dark CMF said:

I'd love to see some good shots of the blaster (frame by frame style perhaps) right before and during the draw sequence.

Here's my Flickr album of the SW7 trailer with frame by frame captures during the Stormtrooper boarding sequence. See if you can get what you're looking for in it.-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 2

Thank you, Germain!!!

That is MUCH better than what I'd seen before. There are definitely some changes to it. The stock looks particularly interesting to me. :D

Great album Tim.  I've seen frame by frames of all of this before over on theRPF, but your shots have such great clarity.

So what's the consensus on the new armor? I like the look of it, just wish we could get a better look at it.

All in due time. All in due time. :)

I think we've seen enough to get a good feel for it. I like it, but I'm with you. I want to see the rest of it, too.

(That's Germain's album...) :D

Oops.  Sorry Germain.  I was reading this thread on my ColecoVision.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm looking into my first build and I am so far just doing recon. Though I keep flopping with classic or new.

• Like 1

That's a tough one, if you did decide on a new TK - and from what we've seen so far, I wouldn't blame you, I want one already - but for the fan sculpts to reach a proper level of accuracy, it might take awhile to get truly good ones, but you never know.

Depending on what we get to see in upcoming trailers, there might be some decent ones available around or before the launch of the movie.

If you're on the fence though, I'd definitely suggest putting some money aside so that when we (and the sculptors especially) start getting good looks at them, you can make a good decision, either way. ;)

Absolutely. There's no rush, we're not going anywhere, and you've waited how long now? What's another few months to a year, when you know you're making progress? ;)

Good call.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not only is there another trailer showing, but you are going to see, in the flesh more of the new TK's than you could possibly imagine, damn wish I could be there to see that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk