action_1_zpsba990f1e.jpg

action_3_zps9e02655a.jpg

action_5_zpsf2a5830b.jpg

Edited by Jancelot

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks good, the only thing I can suggest is on your sniper knee plate the end should be cut straight about 1 1/8" from the original edge.

sniperknee001.jpg

THIS PHOTO is not an ap sniper knee

disregard the above photo.

The photos below show the proper alignment

detail_knee_rightMedium_zpsf4c4bef6.jpg

detail_knee_leftMedium_zps0c9619f6.jpg

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Looking good! Great to see another "bigger" trooper in an AP (well, bigger in the sense of, AP is small lol)

One thing I noticed in your pictures though, and it's simple and only for vision, is your belt.. it's just above the butt plate which makes the butt plate sit a bit ugly. It's nothing serious and the DO might not care about it but if you make sure the belt is a bit lower on the back, it will look a lot better :)

A few other things I am wondering about, but probably is nothing again (lol), is the tube strips on the right side (for the viewer), it seems they're pretty high up there but like said, it's probably no issue and it's probably just me nitpicking haha ;)

What kind of under armor are you wearing btw? It kind of looks like you have sleeveless tshirt or anything over the under armor?

All in all it looks very good though :duim:

Edited by svache

Looking good. One thing I cannot tell from the iPhone viewing is the shins appear to be opening towards the outside versus inside. I hope I am wrong but if not then that will likely hold up the approval.

Thanks for the compliments and critiques, all.

Butt plate sits funny due to a combo of genetics and a life of athletics giving me a prominent rump. Attempts to move the belt down in the past have been more problematic than helpful. Also, I believe it is supposed to sit a bit above the cut line, no?

I was wearing my under armor suit that day with an extended neckseal drape to cover the logo. It seems that might be what you are seeing. I can redo those if the DO wishes.

And the shins do open to the inside. I can take some pics in a bit for clarification as well.

Butt plate sits funny due to a combo of genetics and a life of athletics giving me a prominent rump. Attempts to move the belt down in the past have been more problematic than helpful. Also, I believe it is supposed to sit a bit above the cut line, no?

That makes it a different situation indeed, that's not something you will be able to fix easily, I agree. As far as where it has to sit, that was never my train of thought, more as to see if it was possible to get the buttplate more aligned with the back but again, that's might be a bit hard to realize :)

I was wearing my under armor suit that day with an extended neckseal drape to cover the logo. It seems that might be what you are seeing. I can redo those if the DO wishes.

I am not sure what the DO thinks of this, like you said, it can always be redone. But perhaps it's an idea to get a sharpie and simply color the logo black so it's invisible? Of course I have no idea what kind of under armor you use and how the logo sits on it and such so it might be that what I say is simply impossible.. just trying to think of a way so the excess fabric on the side doesn't show.

Is this extended neckseal drape actually going around your arms (underneath the armpits)? That's a bit where I noticed it. It seems like a lot of fabric that you shouldn't have there.

And the shins do open to the inside. I can take some pics in a bit for clarification as well.

Cool I'm glad I was seeing it wrong! Good luck with your approval.

Thanks for the clarifying shin photo. I can now see where I was mistaking the overlap on the ouside when it was simply slightly larger ridge ( to likely accommodate calf size).

Congrats on the 1week old Jancelot clone ;)

cb

Looking good so far, nice build. just one little helpfull hint that will make your blaster look even more realistic, sand off all the mold lines that show such as (rear "D" ring area. this has nothing to do with you passing, it`s the little detals that make you stand out. just my two cents. Good luck.

Maybe tone down the weathering on the scope a bit?

right now the scope looks really golden ;)

Also the grip and t-tracks are supposed to be made of plastic, so they shouldnt be weathered with metallic.

Otherwise love the build :duim:

Edited by Arnie_DK

Nice build!

Dig the Helmet!

Only the allignment of the sniperplate ( wich is tricky i know) is in MY opinion not 100%.

Its a bit work but you can get it on the in and outside flush with those ridges.

Otherwise most is already said.

Good Luck

The sniper plate is an AP thing really. Pretty much impossible to get right..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback. You all are definitely feeding my OCD now. :)

• Scope - I've been searching at the local hardware stores for the correct semi-flat black spray to touch it up. Looks like I need to take a trip to the burbs to a Lowes/Home Depot to find it. It's high on my to-do list. I'll also touch up any other areas as well.
  • Blaster - I'll have a go at sanding/cutting down some of the seem edges down a bit. Nice tip.
  • Buttons - Do you mean the ab buttons? How should they differ?
  • Knee Plate - AP version is definitely designed to sit a bit different. I've already done quite a bit of work as is and am on my second plate (first one was a poor cut decision on my part). I can try more heat if necessary, but I really don't want to risk damaging the integrity or general aesthetics.

Keep it coming!

Edited by Jancelot

The AP sniper plate is a beast to align properly. It took me a lot of sanding/fitting to get close. Then I had a few passes with the heatgun and very carefully bending to get it as good as AP armor will allow.

Just try to make the lines of the sniper plate match and be flush with the lines of the shin ridge. Visually it should flow together. Work very slowly... Sand a little, test fit, sand a little more, test fit, etc... with the heat gun, very slow and steady.

Otherwise, great build!