what comes after tk9999?

DizzyStormtrooper

I was looking at the available 501st numbers list and there's only about 20 or so left! I suppose everyone wishes they had tk421 or tk1138 etc, not limited to just stormtroopers of course. But if tk td bh or whatever 001 through 9999 are registered for life, will the 501st open numbers upwards of 10000?

They have actually already begun issuing numbers that are 5 digits, it is a huge milestone and testament to how large the 501st has become!

Ā 

edit: dang it. Terrell beat me to it by a whole 30 seconds! and I thought I was on top of it!

Edited by HockeyTrooper

No worries. There are only 10 kind of people of the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Ā 

Ohhh.

I see what you did there. ;-)

Ā 

They will have to nix some numbers.

TK 8008135 anyone? :blink:

I was looking at the available 501st numbers list and there's only about 20 or so left! I suppose everyone wishes they had tk421 or tk1138 etc, not limited to just stormtroopers of course. But if tk td bh or whatever 001 through 9999 are registered for life, will the 501st open numbers upwards of 10000?

Ā 

Noob question: Where is this list...?

Ā 

Ā 

FOUND IT!!!

Edited by columbiamo

LOL to 502nd Legion!

Ā 

TK10K (TK-10000) is the first female TK in Poland... so proud!!!

Ā 

I don't know what's up with doling out the #s though, some peeps in my garrison have been waiting like 6 weeks since approval... while others elsewhere seem to have them already. :( Is it an entirely manual process? I thought it was droids.

The GML should look into their application status if it is pending for something. My online application was submitted during the 4-digits era so it froze for some time. LMO needed new 5-digits numbers from me but neither did I or the GML hear about it so it took someone to look into it and then "waaaait a second!". So yeah, ask GML.

Edited by Nicky

Isn't it a little overboard opening up 99999 now? If the first were up to 9999, shouldn't it be regulated i.e. 'from now on all numbers shall not exceed 19999'? Its kind of unfair to the 4 digit troopers that now anyone can request any number, whereas the first were limited to 4 digits.. Id think everyone would have to only start with 1XXXX, this way you'd be able to tell 'generations' of troopers. Just a theory

The number doesn't reflect any trooper record, it's esthetic.

Ā 

Unfair would be to mark "generations" distinguishing original 4-digits members from the 5 digits, and have all 5-digits ranked in the same way. I would agree about the members who've gotten their number this summer, there was barely any choice for numbers to feel related to. If with 99999 numbers if you can't find your favorite one available but find the 9 next closest ones then why not.

Ā 

Ā 

Also I can't complain about mine :jc_doublethumbup:

Edited by Nicky

• 1 month later...