Confused between ANH Stunt and Hero

In the movie ANH I too have seen that the heros use better helmets than the extras...and generally speaking a Hero piece is always better quality...but this leaves me confused. In the movie the heros are white ABS while the stunts are painted white over ugly green.

Why would anyone want to build Stunt armor? Is it cheaper to do? Is a Stunt set a prerequisite for a Sand Trooper?

Anyway I think I want to build ANH armor set and being 6'3 and 250 lbs I think RT-MOD is the one to buy. Now to decide between hero and stunt

That`s right what Jesse says but there are two more reasons why the most makes stunt Troopers.

1. Most armor maker dosn`t have a hero helmet.

2. With the bubble lenses from a hero you can`t really see through

PS: I make a hero.

6ek5o7y8.jpg

Edited by Blue Snaggletooth

From what you can see, it's basically the teeth like TK_Leper said. One big difference in the suit as well is the neck seal. The Hero has more ribs and goes up the back of your neck some and uses a full bib, where the Stunt seal has the same number of ribs all around and only has a small bib. The Hero helmets also have a lower brow profile, more menacing looking then the Stunts. All though some stunts had a low brow also, all heros have a low brow. Not to mention the bubble lenses in a hero helmet.

Edited by Dday

Yes, stunt can be and now mostly is ABS. The material has no bearing on Legion or any other approval. They are based on your creativity, attention to details and desire to achieve the level of approval you want.

Indeed, because modern Stunt lids are generally ABS (or painted HIPS), people aren't turned off.

If they were required to be khaki HDPE, the Stunt probably woulnd't be the most popular TK.

Keep in mind, a lot of people choose Stunts as their first TK because it is often thought of as the classic trooper (and often the default option).

You can go for Centurion in an ABS Stunt suit.

One thing to remember about the 50st: We are about costuming, not prop replication.

So, a 501st suit is to look 'as it should' rather than 'with every single wart and bit of flaky paint that the movie suits had'.

We aim for accuracy in the details, not the imperfections.

One thing to remember about the 50st: We are about costuming, not prop replication.

So, a 501st suit is to look 'as it should' rather than 'with every single wart and bit of flaky paint that the movie suits had'.

We aim for accuracy in the details, not the imperfections.

this is a very important point!

"As I should" is subjective. Bondservnt I agree. Yet I stand at my point on what is "should"? I haven't seem a comic with the solo button or the three rivets yet that's a centurion req.! I'm soap boxing so I digress. I feel stunt is cool because that's a stormtrooper! Who really pays that much attention to the boob tube unless you're trying to be one. It's all in the fun of going out and making somebody "feel" like really "feel" it you know as if they met a stormtrooper right? I'm not trying to put down the additional reqs by no means. I feel there should be an idealized catagory.

Edited by Valgars

On 9/2/2012 at 4:18 AM, Dday said:

From what you can see, it's basically the teeth like TK_Leper said. One big difference in the suit as well is the neck seal. The Hero has more ribs and goes up the back of your neck some and uses a full bib, where the Stunt seal has the same number of ribs all around and only has a small bib. The Hero helmets also have a lower brow profile, more menacing looking then the Stunts. All though some stunts had a low brow also, all heros have a low brow. Not to mention the bubble lenses in a hero helmet.

Except for the high brow on this hero lid.

and this one ------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I haven't seem a comic with the solo button or the three rivets yet that's a centurion req.!

Remember that the film variant TKs are based on what we see in the films. RotJ Tks don't have rivets down the side.

You can be totally idealised, and still easily qualify for EIB.

An offhand example of an accepted idealism is the smooth cap & back (as on AP lids), which is not as per the original prop, but won't stop anyone going for Centurion.

• 3 months later...

I have seen some who still like to paint their lids and try to go for a real screen accurate build, chips and all. Good luck what you decide

Edited by gmrhodes13

I heard that with the hero stormtrooper you never know if it's a rebel in disguise. Also the stunt suits were beat up, and the hero's were all nice and shiny. I wanted mine to look like I've been places and seen things. Plus I'm no dirty rebel. I refuse to play them in battlefront. Go Imperials!

pew pew pew.... Perial.

Edited by Pfneisl

So my newb question is... Is this only about the helmet or is the whole suit different between "Hero" and "Stunt"?

The suits are basically the same, the main difference is the helmet, also how the holster attaches to the belt, also need a grappling hook and box and a communicator. Have a look at the Crls here: http://www.501st.com...ing:TK_anh_hero

Edited by gmrhodes13

Luke is the only one to wear the grappling hook box and communicator, so not all hero armours have them. They don't all have extra rivets holding their holsters either. There are many variations of troopers in ANH so it is not easy to say you should have this or that, unless you are trying to replicate any particular trooper.

It's easier to just get yourself a hero helmet and build your armour just like any other. There is no difference between the armour in ANH. Only Han and Luke got special treatment. Other hero helmets wearers in ANH are just regular troopers.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question on everyone's thoughts on the Stormtrooper lightsaber. It is officially listed under the hero in the CLR however its already only for informal events. Given it was only ever in concept art would you think you could troop informal events with the saber under stunt? Its more of a preference in helm brow for me but there seems to not be any point in wasting money on a lightsaber you can not troop with ever. Well less of a point as they are still damn cool.