I am tempted by the Rubie's Supreme Set, please advise me

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure a lot of us here would rather not build it ourselves but fact is from my experiences with building my armor is that it is extremely more beneficial and will give you your money's worth. You can proudly say when people ask where you get this, you tell them, "I built it myself."

The other big benefit of building your own armour is that during the build process, you learn just about everything you need to know to properly maintain and modify your kit.

:trooper:

The other big benefit of building your own armour is that during the build process, you learn just about everything you need to know to properly maintain and modify your kit.

:trooper:

Ā 

Ā 

Here here.

I'd definitely encourage you to avoid Rubies and to build your own. It's pretty darn rewarding!

As an aside, did I hear you say SDS doesn't come assembled anymore? Did not know that.

Jesse... I see your face palm and raise you a....

Ā 

-----------

Ā 

I call.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I nearly bought a Rubies for the exact same reason, i.e. I thought I would not be able to build my own and wanted something pre-assembled.

A couple of weeks on the forum and I had found enough information to give me the confidence to tackle my own assembly.

2 years down the line you can't stop me ....

Ā 

-----------

Ā 

Contact the UK Garrison. Probably the Garrison with the greatest number of strormtroopers and the highest quality level. They also throw regular armour parties with a number of experienced builders on hand to take you through your build or even do a lot of it themselves.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

A good piece of advice is to buy the most accurate kit you can, because the more you research and study armour the more you will want a better and more accurate kit. So save yourself some time and go straight to a decent kit.

Edited by JoeR

A good piece of advice is to buy the most accurate kit you can, because the more you research and study armour the more you will want a better and more accurate kit. So save yourself some time and go straight to a decent kit.

Ā 

This is a great piece of advice. When I first started I went the cheap route and got an FX instead of a TM I was looking into. I wanted to save some money, but in the long run I ended up hating that decision. I eventually was able to sell the FX for a good price and picked up an ATA kit for my ESB and an ANH conversion setup as well as a CfO RotJ suit. Still wish I would have gotten that TM, though.

alright guys i wont buy rubies. I might settle for an AP, I guess. To be honest, I don't really see myself getting into the 501st legions, or any garrison, I just want mine for fancy dress. But with that being said, I would like a very durable ABS armor that will let me go trooping. So I'm guessing RUBIES is cheap plastic right?

Noticed Rubies being used here, it looks alright, dont mean to be trolling or anything:

The middle guy (you know, the much better looking one)- he's an FX, not a Rubies. And you can get AM (the newer better version of FX) for cheaper than Rubies. Which people have already said.

Ā 

Also, skip to 0:40 in that YouTube clip.

The guy has his chest plate tucked under his ab plate.

As Locitus said, it all depends where you draw the line for 'looks alright'.

Honestly, does it really look alright when they're not even wearing it properly?

Ā 

You could always get yourself one of these and a helmet. That would rock at costume parties, and you'd be the most comfortable trooper ever.

You can't. It's not made any longer. But you can by AM, it's successor. But then you might as well buy ATA since they cost about the same and ATA looks a lot nicer than AM.

There is no more comprehensive source of knowledge about stormtroopers anywhere else on the internet. You asked for advice and you got it, what you do with it is completely up to you.

Ā 

In the end, it's your money. if you truly feel that Rubies meets your needs and is worth the cash - go for it.