Helmet undercoating

------------"Yah, ya got yer, this loaded here, this has yer independent, uh, yer slipped differential,

uh, yer rack-and-pinion steering, yer alarm and radar, and I can give it to ya with a

heck of a sealant, this TruCoat stuff, it'll keep the salt off..."

I just spray mine with a flat black on the inside. It's mainly for people who troop. The bright white from the inside will allow light to reflect on your face. When a little kid looks up he'll see it, painting the inside black helps prevent this. It's also the reason people put screens behind their frowns. Painting the inside black and screens are in no way accurate, afaik.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Sweet thank you! Would it be a good idea to spray the inside black before I cut out the eyes and the teeth?

Thanks!

I have never painted the inside but think now before you cut out any parts would be the best time to do it.

I bought MICH pads from "the bay of e", it's a modular system of different sized pads that attach with velcro and placed any way you want for a tight fit, it's not screen accurate, but it's really comfortable and looks nice!

You can also find the screen accurate and pretty efficient clover foam padding on Trooperbay's store. It's up to you what you choose to use though. :) Mine's just some butchered foam that holds the helmet straight. :P

• 1 month later...

i was going to try spay on truck bed liner then sand it flat...i will try a sample and post it as soon as i can

There's a guy in my garrison that did it with bed liner. Looked pretty slick. Just make sure you wash the inside of the helmet first and prime it.

Just another idea.....I have used plasti-dip. It is a rubberized, thick liquid used for making comfort handles on hand tools. It's available at Home Depot in the spray paint section. After thoroughly washing off any mold release and lightly sanding the inside of the helmet, I brushed on small sections and imbedded pieces of cheesecloth for the look of a lining or Kevlar or fiberglass. It dries in a couple hors and cures overnight. A second coat after all is done and it gives a really cool effect to the inside plus adds a little density to the overall helmet.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 1 month later...

My padding's nothing fancy AT ALL. Just pieces of foam velcroed to the the inside. It isn't sreen accurate, it's not pleasant to the eye BUT it keep the helmet in place ;)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/2/2012 at 2:09 AM, bobojuice said:

-----------

"Yah, ya got yer, this loaded here, this has yer independent, uh, yer slipped differential,

uh, yer rack-and-pinion steering, yer alarm and radar, and I can give it to ya with a

heck of a sealant, this TruCoat stuff, it'll keep the salt off..."

I just spray mine with a flat black on the inside. It's mainly for people who troop. The bright white from the inside will allow light to reflect on your face. When a little kid looks up he'll see it, painting the inside black helps prevent this. It's also the reason people put screens behind their frowns. Painting the inside black and screens are in no way accurate, afaik.

Did you have to prepare the plastic in anyway? What spray paint did you use?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

For those looking to buy MICH pads, Being in the military, I have already installed them. They not only look good but are very comfortable. A brand new set sealed can run roughly $30 for a set of 6 pads, One large circular, on large back and four mini pads for the side. You can find them at almost any army surplus for much less as I bought mine for $3.00 for the whole set. I hope this helps some.

• 1 month later...

I use t-ball helmet foam pads. You can get the helmets at wallyworld for 5-10 bucks and they've got enough foam for 2+- helmets. I just hot glue them in and I'm done.

HA HA....I thought my wife and I were the only ones that called wal-mart ... WallyWorld :laugh1:

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2012 at 5:56 AM, Chiassontimothy said:

For those looking to buy MICH pads, Being in the military, I have already installed them. They not only look good but are very comfortable. A brand new set sealed can run roughly $30 for a set of 6 pads, One large circular, on large back and four mini pads for the side. You can find them at almost any army surplus for much less as I bought mine for $3.00 for the whole set. I hope this helps some.

i was looking for pads for my ATA helmet

first i checked the pads included inside the latest mich airsoft helmet

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed