what is your opinion on AP armor?

Out of all the 4 different types of armour (AP, TM, RS & CfO) I have built it is by far the most difficult to build - thick plastic and parts which do not match up well.

The end result is also the least pleasing and farthest removed from the on-screen armour it is meant to replicate.

The moulds seem to have been reworked quite drastically, presumably to make the limb parts more roomy and cater for larger builds.

As a result, the leg parts are far removed from the original shape.

Compare AP to other armour with the same lineage (TE, TE2, ATA, SDS) and you will notice that the tops of the thighs look oddly wide and rounded, far removed from the sharp lines of the original suits.

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

ap is easy to build.

rich and paul are masters, but I'm a master at the ap build and it's all in the eye of the beholder.

TM is by far not as easy to build compared.

the parts match up just fine.

Check the build process of the new SiMan armor which was casted directly from ANH suit and a exact replica.

-----------

Surprise!!! parts don't align perfectly either, that's the way the original were, the original molds were hand sculpted and rushed for production, parts were far from perfect,

Mark (AP)

Edited by gmrhodes13

im sure i will love mine as well! another plus for the ap armor is the maker, very patient and great to work with, really pleased with all the costumer service.

How can you love something you haven't got yet?

I just finished my set and i have to say if you re the right size (1,70 to 1,80 and 70 kilo) its a pretty good fit.

As far for matching up parts i think its all the same. You have to make it work for your body.

I think its a pretty good set but there are, as usual better ones out there and its like said before in the eye of the beholder.

I'm 5'3 for 150lb, any kit would be difficult to fit on me, AP just required the least amount of trimming in my case. I love how sturdy it is and that it fits in a typical suitcase.

Here is my build:-----------

Take your time, research on everything, read many tutorials and you'll be fine :)

Edited by gmrhodes13