Do TKs dis-like TDs , TBs, and others...?

senna1rossi

haa haa, rather strange, but is there a rivalry of sorts among the stomtrooper units? isn't being a TK the best in 501st Legion (they do outnumber other costumes/armors by big margin)?? or am i biased because this is FISD...?

i hear TDs are dirty and smelly and can't walk straight (not to mention letting two droids get right through their check-point...), and TBs are weak and "girly" (look at those wimpy pop-gun pistols they call blasters...) and can't RIDE straight (oops, was that a tree...?)

so is this true or am i just stirring a pot of something...

:trooper: > :td: > :bikerscout: > :clonetrooper:

and of course: :ewok1: > :bikerscout:

One might say that it is fairly easy to steal our armor and pose as a TK. All it took was some kid in white PJs and a scruffy nerfherding smuggler to knock two of us over the head, take our kits, and wander around in disguise. Not only do we have some of the worst blaster aim in the galaxy, but a bunch of forest teddy bears were able to defeat an army of TKs with slingshots, rocks and logs hung from trees by vines.

With that said... of course we kick more a$$ than any other two letter acronym in the legion.

And yes you're stirring a pot :)

Aloha,

-Eric

TK is and always will be the classic Star Wars look. Nothing is better IMHO. TD is still a stormtrooper, so they are OK. I think so many troopers go biker scout so they can sit down and just flip up the visor for air! For so many, TK is the "gateway drug" that gets them started, and then they build other more difficult costumes once they are in the 501st. But I think every trooper should have a TK available. ALl that being said, I do not "dislike" any 501st costume. They are all amazingly detailed and built to standard. But TK is always my favorite. I just wish I was tall enough to wear one.

TK units were ordered to allow the rebels to escape so that the homing beacon aboard their ship would lead lord vader to the rebel base.

TK-232 and TK 421 were ordered to scan the ship, and the emperor and lord vader planned the capture

since vader felt ben kenobi's presence.

TK units were ordered to shoot the walls and floor to push the rebels back towards their ship.

the docking bay was left un-attended

I have been a Biker Scout costumer longer than a Stormtrooper costumer, my 7 year old has a Sandtrooper costume, I think they are all great Star Wars costumes.

Of course we still like to take the piss out of each other on troops, nappy wearing, terrible shooting skills etc etc. all fun.

Edited by Lone wolf

TD's were dirty enough to kill Jawas and unarmed moisture farmers. TK's were so concerned with staying clean and shiny they had their butts kicked by teddy bears with rocks!

No but seriously I love all you shiny TK's when ever Lord Vader needs us to take someone out, you guys look after the ship!

Nah I don't think so.

I'm in the process of getting a TB (Biker) costume together. It's personal preference really. Some like the clean look of the TK, some the weathered look of the TD. TB has it's obvious advantages.

Edited by TrooperVenger

I don't mind either of them. Only slightly annoyed when scouts troop with DLT-19's because they are envious of our big guns. In battlefront scouts can be seen running around with sniper rifles, but those are not DLT-19's, and those sniper rifles are not allowed in the current TB CRL anyway.

Considering that the DL of MEPD and I are working on joint merch, and considering that MEPD was one of the inspirations for FISD...lots of brotherhood. We're trying to work on a motto for the joint ops merch piece, such as:

"Got your back, brother"

"Better together"

"Clean or dirty, taking the fight to you"

"Brothers in arms"

As for scouts, I do think it's the ability to sit down. It's the 3rd most owned costume in the Legion - quite the feat for a character that only was in one film. Personally I see TK/TB as complimentary together. They find the targets, we take them down the hard way.

As for scouts, I do think it's the ability to sit down. It's the 3rd most owned costume in the Legion - quite the feat for a character that only was in one film.

Yeah, and half of them are in my squad. :laugh1:

Just like a real-world soldier, different gear is appropriate to different circumstances. Many of us have more than one suit. For instance, while I love being a classic stormtrooper, I HATE being cold. As a result, outdoor troops in temperatures below 50F are very unpleasant for me in my TK.

Solution - I am now in the process of acquiring a TS. Will I ever wear it at DragonCon? Not a chance. However, for Thanksgiving/Christmas parades and other cold-weather events, it will be my gear of choice. :D

My wee lad Pete, he loves the Sandie, used to be a shiny, wants to go Biker Scout now,

Photo1511.jpg

Photo1507.jpg

Photo1510.jpg

Photo1504.jpg

Alison[X Wing Pilot and Jedi Sentinel], my lovely wife, made the shoulder pauldron, I made the little backpack, the armour kit was an Ebay buy.

There is no problems with the various troopers in our house.

I don't mind either of them. Only slightly annoyed when scouts troop with DLT-19's because they are envious of our big guns. In battlefront scouts can be seen running around with sniper rifles, but those are not DLT-19's, and those sniper rifles are not allowed in the current TB CRL anyway.

Don't be TOO annoyed with them now, Mathias. ;) Keep in mind, the TB CRL only RECENTLY changed to reflect that. These weapons were optional items not too long ago. Just give them a "friendly" reminder. :)

I love my TK, but I also love TDs, TBs and TSs too. I just wish I had them all, but money's not something that grows on a tree.. so I gotta take it easy. I bought my TK all at the same time (boots, blaster, armor, etc.) and it REALLY hurt. A lot. I'm starting to build a scout right now.. So far I've got the helmet, gloves and flightsuit but I can tell it'll be equally awesome as trooping with a TK. With the exception that I'll be able to sit down and take a break this time! :P

Don't be TOO annoyed with them now, Mathias. ;) Keep in mind, the TB CRL only RECENTLY changed to reflect that. These weapons were optional items not too long ago. Just give them a "friendly" reminder. :)

I'll keep it civil. Promise! ;)

I can only speak from what I have seen in my Squad and the Uk garrison on the whole and that is:

TK's rip the p### out of TD's for being dirty and in need of a good clean up , and TB's for being "tree dodgers".

TD's rip the p### out of TK's for being Eewok foder and afraid of getting dirty, and TB's for being "tree dodgers".

TB's rip the p### out of both TK's and TD's for their inability to sit down, go up stairs etc.

Basically we will take every oppertunity to belittle the other guy.

However, the UK seems to differ from the US in the way friends interact with each other. Over here it is "de rigueur"

ie expected and the done thing to to rip into your mates as a sign of friendship. In my experience you call an American friend a daft barsteward in general conversation and they are liable to take offense, say it to a Brit and they will smile and call you far worse back safe in the knowledge there is a friendship there.