The Best Sterling Templates EVER!

ZeroRoom

Well, there doesn't seem to be a way to get the beautiful drawings (pdf's) done in this project. A real shame after all the work everybody did. :jc_doublethumbup:

Ā 

I've copied all the pictures and such from this thread for my use. If anybody cares I can post the pictures here. Though they are already here, just spread out.

Ā 

The Best Sterling Templates, Ever! would require the *.pdfs. If anybody has them could they post them? Please? :icon_beg:

Ā 

-lamont

It is a shame I was going to put a load of laser cut kits together for anyone interested in buying them but Lucas seems to have fallen off the radar.

I have tried to email home a few times but to no avail.

Ā 

If he does find the time to get back to me you will all be the first to know.

Ā 

He was designing my web page too so I am keen to get that moving.

Thank you sskunky,

Ā 

I hope he is ok and that nothing unfortunate is keeping him off-line.

Ā 

BTW, this is such nice work :jc_doublethumbup: that I would like to post just one of the pdf's on another site and tell them about this work that you all did. I will, of course, give full credit to both Whitearmor.net and ZeroRoom (Lucas). Would that be ok? :icon_beg:

Ā 

If you can get the laser cut kits out at a reasonable price that has got to be a winner! I wish you the best of luck with that.

Ā 

-lamont

• 4 weeks later...

This is my first post, and I found this thread linked from another forum. From start to finish this is just awesome, colaboraion at its best! I've been a life long SW fan, and for years have been interested in getting into trooping and 501 but never took the dive. I figured starting with an E11 build could be a good place to start! The info in this thread is exactly what I was looking for. Having dimensions to go by is such a great resource and I appreciate everyones efforts in making this happen!

Ā 

I hope Lucas returns soon and final PDF plans can be compiled!

• 2 months later...

Hi Troopers!Ā 

Ā 

I'm currently building my first E11 blaster and this thread has both helped and inspired me a lot.Ā 

(my FISD build here)

Ā 

One thing I've noticed in this thread is that it seems that 38mm pipes are difficult to find in some places.Ā 

Ā 

I did some searching for my own build and found an international and easy source for steel pipes for E11 builds.Ā 

I found a desk leg (called Galant) at IKEA that sells for a mere 10 USD and EUR / 5 GBP.Ā 

(Link for IKEA US webshop)

Ā 

Check out my buildĀ for a step by step of how I used it or my general tip to the forum for more general information (FISD link)

Ā 

I hope this may helps someone.Ā 

Ā 

I also look forward to seeing this thread continue. It's a great example of the hard work and team spirit that seems to be in the FISD genes. :)

• 1 month later...

I'm using the A4.40mm.TubeTemplate, on a ABS 40mm pipe. But when I fold it round the pipe, there is like a 10mm gap. I've measured the pipe, and it's 40mm outside diameter. Is there anything to be done, before printing it?

• 9 months later...

Hi folks, sorry for the necro-posting here, but if these are the best sterling templates ever, I cannot ask for something better.

I'm doing the 3D model for my blaster (I'll make a 3D print of some parts), and there is a question regarding the muzzle tip.

Ā 

Following the template found here, it comes out like this:

Ā 

post-20010-0-41283500-1397673445_thumb.jpg

Ā 

But according to this image

Ā 

T16A6XB.jpg

Ā 

the shape of the last section it's a bit different. It seems like it's on a lower position than the template one.

Could anyone please confirm this?

Ā 

Thanks,

Lorenzo

On 4/17/2014 at 2:43 AM, elleerre said:

Hi folks, sorry for the necro-posting here, but if these are the best sterling templates evere I cannot ask for something better.

I'm doing the 3D model for my blaster (I'll make a 3D print of the parts), and there is a question regarding the muzzle.

the shape of the last section it's a bit different. It seems like it isn't perfectly circular, but oval, and for sure it's on a lower position than the template one.

Could anyone please confirm this?

Ā 

Thanks,

Lorenzo

Ā 

Hi Lorenzo,

Ā 

These plans never got finished because sadly Lucas (Zeroroom) vanished off the face of the earth.Ā  I know Sskunky would like to finish them up, as would I, but it's a matter of getting round to it.

Ā 

To answer your specific question though....Ā  here's a pdf of the muzzle that I made green corrections on for Lucas:Ā  ------------

Ā 

Cheers, Andy

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

That's great Andy, thank you so much.

Ā 

And, is there a database where to find the complete, correct, templates? I assume there are some corrections in other too. I've found so much "definitive" templates that I really begin to wonder which is the right version...

Ā 

:)

Last thing: is it possible to find the following distance?

Ā 

post-20010-0-39447200-1397678622_thumb.png

Ā 

Ā 

It's essential for the right positioning of the last element.

Ā 

Huge thanks in advance.

Ā 

Edited by elleerre

On 4/17/2014 at 4:04 AM, elleerre said:

Last thing: is it possible to find the following distance?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

It's essential for the right positioning of the last element.

Ā 

Huge thanks in advance.

Ā 

Ā 

The grey muzzle diagram called "Front View" in the "Finished Assemblly" box of the pdf is accurate & life-size.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 4/17/2014 at 3:05 AM, PlayfulWolfCub said:

Hi Lorenzo,

Ā 

These plans never got finished because sadly Lucas (Zeroroom) vanished off the face of the earth.Ā  I know Sskunky would like to finish them up, as would I, but it's a matter of getting round to it.

Ā 

To answer your specific question though....Ā  here's a pdf of the muzzle that I made green corrections on for Lucas:Ā  --------

Ā 

Cheers, Andy

Did anybody ever get around to finishing these up? My friends and I are working on getting a 3D printer up and running and I think that this would make things a little simpler, to a certain degree.

• 3 weeks later...

They look pretty good as they are. There were some minor corrections that were needed when I went to the machinist and comparing them to an on hand sterling, but they are really close.

They look pretty good as they are. There were some minor corrections that were needed when I went to the machinist and comparing them to an on hand sterling, but they are really close.

I'm sure the templates are great, but I was thinking more in terms of files for 3D printing. It seems like they were going to get made by someone and then that individual disappeared?

I'm sure the templates are great, but I was thinking more in terms of files for 3D printing. It seems like they were going to get made by someone and then that individual disappeared?

You will need to create the CAD files yourself. But at least you have some solid measurements to go by, using these templates.

You will need to create the CAD files yourself. But at least you have some solid measurements to go by, using these templates.

Alright, I'll see if I can get all that together. If I can figure it all out then I'll post them here if there's interest in that sort of thing.

Alright, I'll see if I can get all that together. If I can figure it all out then I'll post them here if there's interest in that sort of thing.

Good idea. We all win by sharing information with each other. For big project files FISD can provide hosting of the files in order not to have to rely on external services.

Good idea. We all win by sharing information with each other. For big project files FISD can provide hosting of the files in order not to have to rely on external services.

Awesome. A friend of mine and I are going to be working on building our own 3D printers this summer, and this seems to me to be just about the perfect project to work on over a log period of time. If I can ever get them together I'll let you all know on here.

Awesome. A friend of mine and I are going to be working on building our own 3D printers this summer, and this seems to me to be just about the perfect project to work on over a log period of time. If I can ever get them together I'll let you all know on here.

Excellent. Good luck!