ATA now available in ABS

not to hijack this thread, and it is also a little OT but ATA makes some cool HIPS helmet too... for those who are wondering....

-------------

primer stage...

----------------

playing with the brow and the move along look...

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

On 4/11/2011 at 11:31 AM, LittleOne said:

that sig is so funny Ctankep! where is this gif coming from?

It's from Hot Fuzz---------------), see the movie if you haven't yet! :D hillarious.

OT: i love the bucket, is the armour pics off the ATA-kit or did i miss something?

Looks good - just need to get some covers on the belt attachements. ;)

It's still unfinished bro,it even doesn't have crotch strap :D this is the only opportunity i can wore the armor,just to show how it would looked like together

nice looking lid, all I can see is the tubestripes look a little close to the cheeks...

other than that it's very well built!

thanks! yeah i agree on the stripes :( but the second and third is decals,so still can be fixed another time :D

Needs some frown mesh too!

Looking good...

Oh,ATA kit doesn't include the mesh,and i prefer not to use it either,coz that's what's on screen(thanks for clearing it up Terrell!).....and it's not mine so the new owners must apply that themselves if they wanted to

Looks very nice. Good Job!

:blush: thank you sir

Edited by pappy

If you need more details about the kit email me at ataworks@yahoo.com, please no PMs I get enough with FISD and Legion stuff.

Terrell, I have e-mailed you at ataworks@yahoo.com titled "WANTED-Replacement Parts for TD armor". Looking forward to hear from you soon. :)

-Trooper Peter :td:

So i take the new ABS lids are non-bumpy?

If they are, has anyone buffed one down smooth?

No, they are bumpy. I doubt you can "buff them down". Youd have to sand it but then you'll lose the shine of the ABS. You CAN sand it with 300-400 grit and then with a finer grit like 600 and then 1000 grit to get it as smooth as possible and then use the novus ABS polish, all 3 steps...but i found that even though it can get back alot of the shine, it will never be that super gloss look after sanding...at least not in my experience. Personally i just paint my ABS kits as well. I like the look of the painted suits/helmets and get the ABS for the durability factor more than anything. So you could go that route as well.

• 6 months later...

It can be made to fit, but would take work. I think the largest fellow who ever got TE derived armor to work was Joe Kurley who at the time was up in Alaska. He was just a little taller/heavier (IIRC 6'3" 240lbs).

While it *can* work, at his height/weight RT or AM are more compatable with that body size.

• 1 month later...