STORMTROOPER BOOTS

Stormtrooper footwear  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Which Postive-grip boots do you Troop in?

• TKBoots
    • CABoots
    • Chelsea dyed / painted white
    • Jodphur dyed / painted white
    • Other
  2. 2. Would you buy them again?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have CABoots. They fit just right. I've seen some nicer looking boots out there. But right now can't afford to spend another $200 on boots. The wife is gonna kill me if I keep buying Star Wars shoes. Does anyone have the link to the TK Boots?

On 4/9/2010 at 4:01 AM, Chunk said:

Does anyone have the link to the TK Boots?

Ā 

its a tricky one http://tkboots.com/ :P

Ā 

that's what i wear. size 10 if it matters to people. lol. their great to work with and they respond to their emails really quickly. almost any time of day. i plan to get a shoulder pouldron from them soon.Ā 

Thanks for the link. I can't belive they are so cheap. Im gonna order a size 9 & 10. Wanna make sure I get the best fit, seeing I wear a 9 1/2 work boot & a 10 running shoe. Also I like their pauldrons. I'll pick up the orange too.

• 1 month later...

JUST GOT MY FIRST PAIR OF TK BOOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!SWEET!!!!!!!!!! I have 2 events tomorrow can't wait to wear them!!!! Sooooo much better than my old Caboots, Hey and they don't smell!!! They smell like leather!!

I wear a 8.5 and got the 9's just to be safe,but might have been good with a 8 but since I've been trooping in a pair of Caboots size 10, I'm doing way better.

AL

I am still using my CAboots ever since I joined the 501st 2 years go. I assumed they are the best out there since I never tried other brands. I never heard of TKboots until today. How long have they been around? I'm tempted to get a pair since I see so may good reviews here and the price is quite a steal.

WOW!

I just read an email from TKBoots. My package has shipped out & I have a tracking number from UPS. They will be here Wed June 2nd. Now thats supper fast shipping :dancing-trooper:

Edited by Chunk

My TKBoots just arrived today. I've been wearing them for about an hour. They are a lil snug, but I belive they will loosen up with more wearing. These are real leather & leather streches with more & more wearings. I'm very happy with them. The shipping was super fast! I ordered them Sunday at 3:30Am & they came today(Wed) at 5:00Pm. I would have had them yesterday, but Monday was Memorial Day & no mail. :dancing-trooper:

Edited by Chunk

• 3 weeks later...

I use CA Boots. I would not buy from them again, the fit is really tight around the ankle making them hard to take on and off. The color doesn't seem quite right for my armor and the company's customer service and ordering left a lot to be desired.

Ā 

I'm definitely trying TKboots first on my next kit.

I didn't use CA or TK boots ... I got a pair of Bass Men's Amsterdam Boots. These boots are available all over the place on the net so I shopped around and got a pair for $60 ... Granted I'm also putting together a Shadow trooper.

Ā 

These boots cost a bit more but are real leather and fit me very well out of the box. It took me about 3 months to break in a pair of Docs to the point I wasn't getting blisters so these are a treat!

Ā 

If you're thinking of getting some I went a 1/2 size up (I'm usually an 11.5) but my width is Quadruple E (read: Crazy W I D E ) so these boots fit nicely if you have wider feet. If you don't have "duck feet", much like myself, then ordering your regular size should work out fine.

Edited by ELP

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My garrison has pointed me towards TKBoots, and with the overall opinion in this thread being "TKBoots FTW" you can chalk another one up for TKBoots. I'll be getting the neck seal, undersuit, gloves and the TKboots next month. My armor expenditure has been met for this one... :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

While I appreciate the accuracy of black boots painted white, that's one of the areas that I think idealized is more appropriate for trooping. Most folks won't get that the boots are supposed to be that way, they'll just think I'm sloppy looking with peeling paint :)

Ā 

I used to have caboots, but just replaced them with tkboots. WAY nicer. A fraction of the price, better quality, and they don't smell bad right out of the box. After a few long troops that may change, but only your feet can be blamed for that ;)

• 2 years later...

I'm sporting the TKBoots. I love them so much that I have been wearing them on casual Fridays with my jeans.

I am sorry to say this but those boots shouldn't be worn for casual fridays lol. If it isn't with trooping those boots look ridiculous on any casual clothing hahaha! But I guess kudos to you :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...