TIP: Pads for TK helmet

I have been working on an MRCE helmet. I started by removing the cheap plastic padding that comes in it. I was looking around for a way to place some type of system in the helmet to keep it from looking like a Bobble Head. I thought about a hard hat system. That did not work out. Then I thought about placing soft foam in the helmet to help. Did not work out, also it looked ugly. I'm a Law Enforcement office on an operations team. I started looking at our helmets. The helmets that we use are called MICH Helmets. Current Army issue. The pad system in it is attached by velcro and is a modular type system. So it can be removed very easy. I then placed the "Hook" side of the velcro on the TK bucket and ordered some MICH helmet pads off of Ebay for around $20. This has worked out perfect. I just wanted to share it with you guys. Here are some pics. One pic is my MRCE helmet, and the other is my SWAT helmet for reference. They can be ordered in black or green. ;)

m2LWMfb.jpgLrXE8Oc.jpg

I have been working some more on this bucket by adding some more pads. Fits like a glove. Also have gotten rid of the green lenses and replaced with dark lenses. An option for using dark lenses I have found are the ARMY dust goggles. You can buy replacement lenses in the dark "Smoke" color for around $2 a set. It takes two sets for a helmet due to the size of the lenses. They have worked out great! I just thought I would post this. I'm getting ready to start on the body armor this weekend. Hope to have it ready by spring. Here are some pics of the up dated padding. Do you guys think the helmet is ready for trooping?

fK9PVMi.jpg

b7sOXEe.jpg

Thanks for the info Keith!! It looks like you have truly pimp out your bucket :smiley-sw013:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

MAN! You scored big time. My son was in the Army, & I thought about using this same pad system in my stormie. I told him buy me a set of pads. He wasn't able to get me a set, so I started looking in my US Cavalry catalog. They have the pad system starting at $44.99. Maybe I'll get me some, because that sure looks sweet in yours :dancing-trooper:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

That is great lookin'! Also, exactly how I want mine, but I couldn't figure out where to get the right-type of padding. I was thinking about the padding inside a football helmet, but I think this is much better. Thanks for sharing the info!

• 2 weeks later...

u can get 70 virtual inches with a set of sunglasses monitors.

all you'd have to add is that pile shag carpet in yellow and lime green.

and a lava lamp.

• 1 year later...
On 1/15/2010 at 11:12 AM, Dearmeat said:

I have been working some more on this bucket by adding some more pads. Fits like a glove. Also have gotten rid of the green lenses and replaced with dark lenses. An option for using dark lenses I have found are the ARMY dust goggles. You can buy replacement lenses in the dark "Smoke" color for around $2 a set. It takes two sets for a helmet due to the size of the lenses. They have worked out great! I just thought I would post this. I'm getting ready to start on the body armor this weekend. Hope to have it ready by spring. Here are some pics of the up dated padding. Do you guys think the helmet is ready for trooping?

that's cool, i just ordered the same pad set

that remember me the pads inside the riddel version

2382858444_745127d2fd.jpg

can you post bigger pictures of inside of your helmet? i can't see your work on lenses, i presume you had to cut and shape them. I am also interested to buy real lenses because of UV eyes protection.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Spotted these on Amazon for the $20 price tag with free Prime shipping: http://www.amazon.com/Condor-Helmet-Pads-Olive-Drab/dp/B00P1G9U2W/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1451346973&sr=8-9&keywords=helmet+pads

Any input on the quality of the Condor helmet pads? There's not a lot of reviews out there that I can find.