To clean, or not too clean?

Ok we see and read a lot of threads asking about what polish to use to keep our white armour clean and i know that a lot of troopers are keen to let their armour get scuffed,scratched and weathered naturally as they wear and use the armour just to match the screen used stormtroopers which as we know where pretty shocking to say the least.

As many here will know i like to keep my armour as close to the original props as is possible and in keeping with that i have never cleaned my TM armour. I do give it a wipe over after events but have not tried to remove the scuffs and scratches and i certainly dont polish it or i dont wrap the armour up in cotton wool it al gets thrown in its case together.

So lets have a look at my 2009 TM armour after just 12 events this year...

iY76TtM.jpg

4okjfU2.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

DON'T TOUCH A THING!

That's AWESOME! It looks like you just raided the Tantive IV!

You've even got gaffer's tape on the bicep!

It looks like the real deal!

(If you insist, only the handplates. :) )

Dirty boy :D

Seriously, it does look, well..... well used...

Funny thing is, the scuffs look really good......

What about your bucket?

I have the odd scuff or two, or three, but will still Novus them away... (sorry)

I usually leave most of the scuffs. The exceptions for me are the left forearm because of the excessive marking from the blaster, and I did bump into a clone and had a large blue streak across my shoulder bell.

see, now I got out the Turtle Wax before and after my troop Saturday. Mabye it's just how I am, but I like my armor in a 'like new' state. Just goes to show that it's all about personal preferences!! Still love the TM armor. looks so prty!!

I'm usually one of the idealized guys wanting everything to look polished and maintained like the real military. That being said I think that looks really good! I wouldn't touch a thing. Can't wait to see what it looks like after several more!

The natural weathering does look good, although I guess I'm going to be the lone voice of dissent when it comes to the tape.

Do you ever get fan questions - from children in particular - on why a stormtrooper has tape on his armor? :huh: