Armor for a Short Stormtrooper?

I'm 5.6 and look ok in it ...... I hope :) I'm just thin

Ā 

I'm on the left

In7Dz1j.jpg

Ā 

That is a combo of FX and SDS parts. If you can find someone who does the more defining iconic parts, shoulder bells etc (ahem - me, ahem, me) you can get away with cutting up an FX or something cheap and then getting cooler looking bells handplates etc.

Ā 

Luke's a short an impolite person. He pulled it off :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

• 1 month later...

I just helped a friend complete his FX, and he is 5'3". Keep in mind we had to cut about 1.5" off the thighs, shoulder bells, biceps, and chest armor, but he looks good.

Ā 

OBVIOUSLY the bucket is a little big, but he still looks good.

Ā 

:trooper:

At your height I'd stay away from FX. Even after trimming the chest will be dis-proportionate and you'll just end up replacing a lot of parts, so it's not very cost effective.

Ā 

Go with TM/AP/TE2/RT as best suits your budget for sure.

At your height I'd stay away from FX. Even after trimming the chest will be dis-proportionate and you'll just end up replacing a lot of parts, so it's not very cost effective.

Ā 

Go with TM/AP/TE2/RT as best suits your budget for sure.

Ā 

Ā 

im about that height range and i got the AP armor..im still assembling it but im sure itll be great..worht the money btw..hopse this helps

I would tell you to get an AP helmet. it looks great and is normal sized.

Ā 

Kinda expesive though.... but worth every penny invested on it.

Ā 

Good Luck!

Ā 

Ā 

Dargas

TK-1845

• 1 year later...

I realize this is an old thread but I figure it would be better to continue here than to start a brand new one to junk up the place.

Ā 

Being new to the hobby and forum, I have a few questions. I'm around 5'6" 140lbs, so I'm quite a bit shorter than most of the troopers here. There seems to be a bit of confusion on which kit would be best for someone of my stature. It's been a while since this was brought up last so I was wondering if anyone has any more insight into this? I'd like it to be accurate but as this will be my first try I realize I'll probably need something on the simple side.

Ā 

On the other hand, are there a bunch of shorter troopers out there at events and such? I don't know how out of place I'd seem, besides all the "Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?" jokes.

Ā 

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Given it's been about 2 years since this discussion, and the available armor options have grown/changed, I was wondering the same thing. I used to have a set of FX armor, but sold it a few years back (just a TB right now). I'd like to get a new set of TK armor, and am hoping to go with something that's be a better fit. I'm 5'6" and a bit husky.

Ā 

Any suggestions as to what would be a good set to go for, with my considerations in mind?

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks guys!

When you say you're "a bit husky" can you be more specific? How much do you weigh and how are you carrying your weight (bodybuilder vs beer gut)?

Ā 

Pretty much any kit can be trimmed to match your height or shimmed to match your physique. Other considerations are your armor budget, building skill level, material preference (HIPS vs ABS), etc.

Ā 

Off the top of my head, the major changes over the past 2 years have been (1) the introduction of ATA armor, (2) the end of FX production, (3) the introduction of AM - FX's successor, and (4) the overall increase in the availability of screen-accurate armor and especially helmets.

When you say you're "a bit husky" can you be more specific? How much do you weigh and how are you carrying your weight (bodybuilder vs beer gut)?

Ā 

Pretty much any kit can be trimmed to match your height or shimmed to match your physique. Other considerations are your armor budget, building skill level, material preference (HIPS vs ABS), etc.

Ā 

Off the top of my head, the major changes over the past 2 years have been (1) the introduction of ATA armor, (2) the end of FX production, (3) the introduction of AM - FX's successor, and (4) the overall increase in the availability of screen-accurate armor and especially helmets.

Ā 

Definitely more beer gut than bodybuilder, but not a fatty. Sorta an even distribution, with a bit more girth in the thighs and legs. I've got muscular calves, and when I built my FX initially, I had to shim them to give me extra clearance.

Ā 

I had tried on a fellow member's RT-mod a couple years back, and that fit very well. I guess I was just wondering if any of the current sets is better suited to a shorter individual, but it sounds like each is generally scalable.

Edited by TK-5918

I'm 5'6" and a bit husky as well. I recently got an AM kit and I have A LOT of trimming to do, but for the most part I think it was the best route for me. It gives me room to work with.

Ā 

AM are some nice suits, I did some work on Eric's and will probably buy one if I ever do a TK. The trimming can be a pain, however; it's no where near as bad as the trimming I had to do on my AP (came as chunks of molded plastic that had not been trimmed at all.) [Don't get me wrong, I love my AP! I'm a small guy fits like a glove.]

AM are some nice suits, I did some work on Eric's and will probably buy one if I ever do a TK. The trimming can be a pain, however; it's no where near as bad as the trimming I had to do on my AP (came as chunks of molded plastic that had not been trimmed at all.) [Don't get me wrong, I love my AP! I'm a small guy fits like a glove.]

Ā 

My buddy is working on his 2nd suit and it's an AP kit. Upon seeing my AM kit he immediately grabbed a few pieces and said "I miss this stuff". He said this while he was covered in shredded white plastic bits :D

I am 5'4" and am sporting a pretty much untrimmed AP. I trimmed the cod a bit just because it was uncomfortable, but the rest is trimmed after the drawn lines. Fits me very good! Not that much black to see, but I like that. :)

Ā 

This is what it looks like on me:

Ā 

Main+profile+picture.JPG

Edited by TK-8224

• 2 weeks later...

My buddy is working on his 2nd suit and it's an AP kit. Upon seeing my AM kit he immediately grabbed a few pieces and said "I miss this stuff". He said this while he was covered in shredded white plastic bits :D

Ā 

Ā 

I'm sure he will forget about the shredded bits when he sees himself in the mirror wearing the AP ;)

Ā 

Mark

Edited by ABS80