Caboots is still making trooper boots!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

CA Boots are a very good choice IMHO.

Ā 

I've got a pair for my TK and a pair for my TD...

Ā 

And when I heard they were no longer going to manufacture these bad boys, I went ahead and purchased two more pairs for insurance.

Ā 

T :salute:

My next door neighbour popped her head through the open front door (let some breeze in!) yesterday afternoon and said "this came for you earlier" as she produced a CABoots box.

Ā 

Is it wrong that I like the smell???

Ā 

Ian

Man, I could REALLY use another pair of size 9's.

Ā 

I am a size 9, but ordered a size 10 because someone told me that the boots run small. I got them today and tried them on and they are a little roomy, but I usually wear shoe inserts, so it should end up taking the rest of the room.

Hmmm...i may have a proposal for one of you. I happen to have a pair of size 9 caboots. Ive trooped in them about 10 times total. Im looking to get a pair of size 10's as i want to put inner lifts in them and the size 9 becomes tight. Anyone willing to make a swap?

Ā 

oh, and i kinda like the smell too haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah... the wonderful smell of CA boots

Ā 

reminds me of napalm in the morning...

Ā 

you should smell 10 troopers in a small room... it's like being at the CA boot factory.

Ā 

I wonder if CA boots people come home and just smother themselves in burgers and onions

just to get the smell off!

Ā 

heheh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I received my Caboots last week. I don't think the smell is too bad. Kinda reminds me of stepping into an auto parts store. They came shipped in the actual shoebox and with the lid on you can't smell them til you remove it. Just thought I would chime in! B)

Just seeking a little advice. If you replace the soles with Black Dr. Martens soles and

or a Medium to Thick Hiking Boot Sole I was wondering if these would pass? Just curious.

Thanks

Ā 

Dr. Martens Marceaux Patrick-Chelsea Boot

Ā 

http://www.onlineshoes.com/mens-dr-martens...ooth-p_id126019

Ā 

http://cabotresole.com/

Ā 

ROCK ON!

Juggernaut said:
Just seeking a little advice. If you replace the soles with Black Dr. Martens soles and

or a Medium to Thick Hiking Boot Sole I was wondering if these would pass? Just curious.

Thanks

Ā 

Dr. Martens Marceaux Patrick-Chelsea Boot

Ā 

---------

Ā 

ROCK ON!

Ā 

Wow, those shoes are unbelievably cool! Too bad the soles aren't black. My personal opinion would be that putting different soles on them would kind of negate the whole point of Dr. Martens. Their whole thing is that their soles are so durable and comfortable (although really heavy to wear). They already cost over $100, plus the cost of getting them re-soled. Might just be easier to go the opposite boots and get some cheaper Chelsea/Jodpur boots that are brown or black and already come with the black soles and just dye them white. Much cheaper and more authentic, since that is how it was done in the movies. ----------

Ā 

There would be advantages of not having to touch up the paint job if you did re-sole the Dr. Marten's though and that would be nice to not have to worry about. All in all, I'd say that they would be perfectly fine if they had black soles.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed