Caboots is still making trooper boots!

After reading another thread on here regarding CAboots not making the trooper boots any more, I contacted them to try and verify this information. The rumor is false. Caboots has no plans to stop making them. So no worries. Which is a big relief because their boots work great. I realize in the other thread that the rumor was corrected but in case someone does not read the whole thread I thought it would be wise to post this information in a new thread.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll let you know when my pair comes in next week...;)

Actually, I believe the rumor abouts Caboots is true in regards to their Fett boots. They have been saying they are going to restock for about 6 months now. The latest on their pimpin shoes sight said they would be restocked in March. They still only have size 7 1/2. We have been told that their Fett boot supplier is no longer available.

I don't think CABoots are unique in that regard. I bought a pair of black patent leather oxfords from Payless for a show I was doing and they smelled awful right out of the box. I put them away and I kinda forgot about it. A day later, while I was breaking them in, I was sitting in my office and was convinced someone was tarring a roof nearby, that I had somehow spilled gasoline on my hands, or that my desktop was about to catch fire. I could not for the life of me place the smell and it was driving me crazy. I was sniffing around the room like my dog -- trying to place the smell.

Ā 

Then I noticed I was wearing the shoes. I picked up the box they had come in and...WHEW!!! Did it stink! Must be some kind of treatment they put on them to give them that mirror finish. :D

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

How many of us would buy it if they bottled that scent? :)

Some say there boots have no odor. My CAboots smelled so bad I sold them. This is after setting them outside for a week.

Ā 

Other than Dan111H2O, CA is the only regular supply for white boots that dont suck or come with a zipper on the side IE Elvis boots.

Ā 

Maybe some day I will do a set of painted boots.

Did they confirm the Odor is still packed with the boots?

Ā 

:D

Ā 

Good to know still up and running.

Ā 

I ordered 2 sets at the height of the whole " no more trooper boots" rumour and trust me the odour is still there, strong as ever. lol :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I just ordered a new set of CABoots today. If you notice that the price on ebay is $60 plus $15 for shipping whereas on thier website its $70 plus $15 shipping. I just discovered that if your size isnt listed on ebay you can call CABoots and ask for the $60 price in boots that are your size and they will discount thier price to match thier ebay auction. Or they did for me at least. :pint1:

I just ordered a new set of CABoots today. If you notice that the price on ebay is $60 plus $15 for shipping whereas on thier website its $70 plus $15 shipping. I just discovered that if your size isnt listed on ebay you can call CABoots and ask for the $60 price in boots that are your size and they will discount thier price to match thier ebay auction. Or they did for me at least. :pint1:

Ā 

really? That is the next item on the list of things to order, might have to try calling them and see how that goes.

I must have missed this thread, thanks for posting that info up Jim. I was wondering what I was going to do for my sandy boots. I don't have to worry anymore. :D

Anybody have advice on fitment? Do they size larger or smaller, etc...

Ā 

I wear a size 11 shoe and am just gonna order a size 11 I guess but was not sure if they were pretty accurate in size since I cannot try them on first :D

Ā 

Thanks.

I usually take 11s in everything, but I ordered 12s from CaBoots...and they fit fine...:)

Ā 

Besides, if you order them and they're a little big, you can work with that. Too small...then you'll be shipping back and forth.

Ā 

Yeah good point, I could always toss in some of those comfort insoles or something to make up the space.

• 4 weeks later...