Hello there, from Arch City Squad in Ohio!!

My name is Josh... I'm a Star Wars-aholic...

I've been with the 501st since 2022 as a Revenge of the Sith Darth Vader.  I've currently got 3 costumes in various stages of completion (hence the "aholic" moniker) above... TK, Tank Trooper, and Imperial Officer.  I'm finally getting the ability to put together my ANH Stunt starting in February at an armor party.  I've got a second hand Walt's kit that never got beyond some very minimal initial trimming, so everything is still mostly in its untrimmed form.  I've been following the WTF ANH Stunt Build thread and I've got about everything except for some of the soft parts (strapping, velcro, etc.) that I will be procuring this weekend (my daughter gets an employee discount at JoAnn's... YEAH!).

I'm looking forward to another lovely costume that it's difficult to see and sit in :laugh1:!!

...sitting, yeah, that is what the Imperial Officer costume is for... lol!

• Like 3

Hello and welcome aboard, you can request higher access if a legion member ;) 

• Like 1

Hi Josh and welcome to the white zone! :D

Great to hear it's not your first costume in the legion, that means you know what you're up to!

As Glen already mentioned, you can request to have your account be upgraded to 501st status. This will open up some new subforums for you.

If there's anything you need to know, do not hesitate to ask!

Steve aka @Snaps and Jeff aka @StrmTRPR85 are the lokal FISD Attachés for the Ohio Garrison.

Best wishes,

Danny

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ripper_L said:

Hi Josh and welcome to the white zone! :D

Great to hear it's not your first costume in the legion, that means you know what you're up to!

As Glen already mentioned, you can request to have your account be upgraded to 501st status. This will open up some new subforums for you.

If there's anything you need to know, do not hesitate to ask!

Steve aka @Snaps and Jeff aka @StrmTRPR85 are the lokal FISD Attachés for the Ohio Garrison.

Best wishes,

Danny

Hi Danny,

Admittedly I have transferred out of Ohio Garrison to Starkiller but I am still in the Columbus area and always happy to provide any assistance as necessary with your build Josh!

Danny might need to update the attache list :). I should have met you know earlier

• Like 2

Welcome to the FISD! :jc_doublethumbup: You've made an excellent choice, one of us, one of us!!

• Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 3:40 PM, StrmTRPR85 said:

Admittedly I have transferred out of Ohio Garrison to Starkiller but I am still in the Columbus area and always happy to provide any assistance as necessary with your build Josh!

Jeff @StrmTRPR85 - Can you confirm your transfer to Starkiller Garrison for me so I can update the Attaché list? We've actually been in need to an Attache in that unit, so it will be perfect! You may also want to change your unit here on the FISD profile as you still have Ohio listed.

Josh - Now that it's February you're going to attend that armor party this month, right?! Exciting times! And we're all Star Wars-aholics, aren't we? :salute:

• Like 1

Congrats on your adventure into the World of White!

As you get ready for the armor party, take some time to review other TK builds and watch some videos. Somebody had suggested the TrooperBay Tutorial Videos as a good overview of the assembly process.  I agree completely.  Mike’s in-depth videos show one way of putting all the puzzle pieces together and he just does it, without any sweating! No panic. No nervousness.  He just gets a knife, cuts the pieces and glues them together.  I like most of his build process ideas, but I used E-6000 for almost everything instead of his use of super glue and zap-kicker.  E-6000 is more forgiving and is removable when it is dried and two years from now if you want to make adjustments. 

Have fun and be sure to start a build thread!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So, question for you all.  I was looking at the Thigh Garter System that was posted here.  I've tried to reach out to the trooper who created it, but it appears that he is no longer active here, and he does not have an active 501st presence either (tried looking up his TKID and nothing there anymore).

I was going to look into starting to make them, for myself and others, if interested... since I've tried to find them and can't, I tried my due diligence... would that be "kosher" or not?

20 minutes ago, DarthBeale said:

So, question for you all.  I was looking at the Thigh Garter System that was posted here.  I've tried to reach out to the trooper who created it, but it appears that he is no longer active here, and he does not have an active 501st presence either (tried looking up his TKID and nothing there anymore).

I was going to look into starting to make them, for myself and others, if interested... since I've tried to find them and can't, I tried my due diligence... would that be "kosher" or not?

Troopers often make garters for themselves, but I'm sure some might also purchase prefabbed ones. I bought mine off another member. You would just need to market your product in the ongoing runs section of this forum.

I looked into the garder system for the thighs, but decided to just add a loop of elastic, snapped to the inside of the thighs. I use a 1" black leather belt to hold them up and have never had any issues with them.  

gM0iSvk.jpg

• Like 2