TE2 Halloween build[*TE]

I'm a relatively new guy who will be applying for 501st membership soon. I've been working on my armor for about a month. I'm attaching a link to my build pics if anyone is interested. I want to thank "Stukatrooper" because most everything I did was based on his TM build guide. Your work is AWESOME. Also, thanks to Darth Nickel who has helped me figure this out since day one. Firebladejedi made me a great belt and of course TE2 for the armor and his kind, quick responses when I needed some extra plastic. I'm getting some professional pics tomorrow and will be posting them so check the link in the near future for finished pics of my armor.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30761804@N04/...7510456/detail/

Wow, I'd been racking my brain trying to figure out how to keep the thigh pieces together while the glue dried. Magnets - brilliant!

Ā 

I love the shiny paint job! I know a lot of troopers frown on a TK that's too clean, but I like the look. Gotta go polish my armor now, I have a huge troop tomorrow and a bunch of fans to blind with my dazzling white armor. :)

Ā 

Keep up the good work.

• 1 month later...

Truely impressive and its your first armor project. way to go. nice touch with the magnets. I did my thighs alternating between abs glue and super glue. I would put down an inch or so of abs glue and then a half inch of super glue. I would hold it in place until the super glue set which was a matter of seconds. Then i would wait a bit and glue another inch or so with abs glue and then a bit more super glue, let it sit and so on. The super glue would act like clamps for me while the slower abs glue set.

Truely impressive and its your first armor project. way to go. nice touch with the magnets. I did my thighs alternating between abs glue and super glue. I would put down an inch or so of abs glue and then a half inch of super glue. I would hold it in place until the super glue set which was a matter of seconds. Then i would wait a bit and glue another inch or so with abs glue and then a bit more super glue, let it sit and so on. The super glue would act like clamps for me while the slower abs glue set.

Ā 

That's a smart idea Jim - you should add that as a TIP.

• 3 weeks later...