New member, California bay area

Crony

Lifetime Star Wars fan and long time Imperial loyalist. After years of lurking on theRPF, thinking about the 501st, and more recently lurking here; decided to finally pull the trigger on some armor. I had flirted with the idea of pre-built or kits from Anovos, but was never fully convinced.

An armor build has always seemed daunting but I put down for an armor/helmet combo from Trooperbay, and I'm excited to finally dip my toes. I've been reading/researching the forums in anticipation (so many well written tutorials/guides/resources) but I'm sure I'll have a million questions on big brown box day. I just thought it was way overdue to come out of the shadows, say hello, and thank all the amazing work that's been put in to the community.

• Like 2

Welcome and glad to have you here! As you'll see there are many awesome resources and build threads available that can guide you on your journey. As well once you have your BBB feel free to create your own build thread. That way as a community you can keep us up to date on your build and we in return can assist as you progress.

• Like 1

Welcome to FISD Donzie, glad to read you're on the way of becoming an Imperial Stomtrooper of the 501st Legion. 

Meanwhile you may want to check this post about the "What supplies will I need? "

Looking forward to see your BBB day photos and feel free to research the forums, ask questions. 

We are here to help .  

:salute::salute::salute:

Welcome to the FISD. As an owner of a set of first wave Anovos Stormtrooper armor, I would not recommend buying from them. In my opinion the armor is thin, and I'm finding little cracks forming in certain areas of my armor. I've been having to reinforce the spots to halt them from going any further. As mentioned before, there are lots of great build threads out there that will be a valuable resource once you do get a set. Have fun, and good luck on this journey. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcoming words everyone. I realized I tend to not actually post (sticking to reactions/likes to indicate I've seen yours). So I apologize for that preemptively. Possibly because I feel I have little of value to add yet. I do and will mainly try to find answers where questions have already been posed. But I'll also attempt to be somewhat active in posting when the need arises.

Side note: I can definitely get lost, in the best possible way, in ukswrath's content. Awe-inspiring builds that I've seen so far.

• Like 4

Welcome to the FISD.

Be sure to start a build thread the post some pictures.

We are all here to help you along the way, be it Basic, EIB or Centurion.

I have a Basic build now so I could troop, but I'm working on upgrading to EIB.

Good luck to you and we are waiting to help!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...