Hello from KY!

jabba21

Hi all. I've been lurking here for a bit while deciding what sort of build I want to go with. I've decided I want to do an OT TK build. I'm currently on the waitlist with ATA and I've been advised the waitlist is currently around 10 weeks. I guess I will get started on collecting some of the soft parts and building materials until I can get my armor in. The goal is by the end of the year to have an approved ANH stunt TK. Can't wait to get trooping!

• Like 1

Welcome aboard and congrats on the purchase!  Now is a great time to research all you can.  Comb through the build section and the Centurion approval threads.  Feel free to ask questions - there is a lot of info here and it can be hard to find.  Good luck with the build!

Welcome to FISD Matt, 

Looking fordward to see photos of your BBB day. Good Luck.

This forum section would help you while waiting for your armor kit. 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31404-supply-list-for-your-ot-tk-build/

cheers  :salute:

Edited by TKSpartan
word correction

Welcome aboard Matt! I grew up in Kentucky, but I live in Louisiana now.  I still get back up to the Bluegrass a couple of times a year to see family.  :salute:

A guy I went to high school with who is a big Star Wars fan moved to Louisiana. What part of KY you from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, jabba21 said:

A guy I went to high school with who is a big Star Wars fan moved to Louisiana. What part of KY you from?

I grew up in Jeffersontown, a suburb of Louisville.  I have family from one side of the state to the other, so I've been all over.  I used to still come up for Derby every year, but now I mainly just come up to visit family.  The Bluegrass Garrison there is great. If you need some contacts, let me know.

Welcome to the FISD, Matt!  Great to hear that you pulled the trigger on your ATA armor kit.. you are gonna be pleased with it I guarantee.  Now is the time to really dig in to the research, and you are in the right place for all things TK related.

This site can appear a bit overwhelming, but as mentioned we are here to help every step of the way.  As I suggest to all those who are starting a build, your best bet is to start your own build thread in this section.  You can post as many photos as you like (the more the better), ask any and all questions you have, (no question is too small) and show off your progress all in one place!

The FISD is a "judgement free" zone, so always feel free to ask us anything.  As a former Kentucky boy myself (Lexington) if there is anything you need just PM me.  GO BIG BLUE!  

Hi Matt and welcome aboard future Trooper! 

Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members.

Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here.

In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion).  I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after.

If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use.

Also, make contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison.

So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible.

All the best on your TK journey! :dancing-trooper:

I grew up in Jeffersontown, a suburb of Louisville.  I have family from one side of the state to the other, so I've been all over.  I used to still come up for Derby every year, but now I mainly just come up to visit family.  The Bluegrass Garrison there is great. If you need some contacts, let me know.

I’m vaguely familiar with the area. I don’t get to Louisville as often as I use to and when I did it was mainly around the Lyndon area. I’m going to have to hit up some cons and build parties to meet some members. Seems like a great bunch from what I’ve seen though.

Welcome, Matt! Fellow ATA-er here; you'll be pleased, like Joseph said. Looking forward to your build thread! (side note, you wouldn't happen to have been asking about ATA on the 501st subreddit recently, would you?..)

I’ve browsed the subreddit some but nope, wasn’t me.

• 1 month later...