TK 42085 Reporting!

3 hours ago, mamaking said:

Just did my third troop in my TK in one week! Armour bites are numerous...lol

Congratulations for your trooping and ouch!! for the armor bites :D 

Now, you will have to check those parts that may need some trimming or straps adjustment. good luck! 

• Like 1

3 troops in a week, awesome!!
Armour bite yep it’s a learning curve knowing just how far you can push your range of motion before you get the pinch lol. Make sure any sharp edges are sanded smooth and minor trim the areas that cause the most trouble.
Good luck and here’s to many many more troops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

In what areas are you getting the armor bites, Helen?  Most of us have experienced this, and we can certainly help you get rid of them!  Pics would help a lot.

• Like 1

Armour bites... the true badge of membership.  Congrats! :)

Seriously though, most armour bites can be fixed with some very minor adjustments.  Removing return edge and sanding (right up to a 600 grit or more) will help.  Minor strapping adjustments or even adding padding to the inside of your armour can all help. 

Keep on trooping!  Three in one week is a great start!

• Like 1

I just finished a tutorial which addresses armor bite, and it can be found here:   https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/48166-return-edges-101-ottk/?tab=comments#comment-670906

It's kind of a long read, but I hope it helps!

• Like 1

I'm the one on the right. Ab section is now too big since I lost weight. Figured out the leg bruises issue...thigh pieces are too long. Forearm pieces are just a little too long also. I've got some work to do!78e7256655d57099a6c70b65d97d1297.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You may need a little foam behind your sniper knee plate to help hold it away from your thigh. It's amazing how a little weight loss or gain can change the fit of the armor.

• Like 1

Congratulations and welcome. Armor bites are not fun. I get one right behind my right knee. After long days, there will be broken skin and blood, but its all worth it. 

• Like 1