Freduster's ANH Stunt TK build (RS Props, aiming for Centurion)

Freduster

Ok guys, thanks for the advice :)@CableGuy I should easily be able to cut the two plates a bit smaller, with the brow I'm not too sure about how to do that - I think I just screwed up the face placement in the process of putting the rivets into the helmet. But I'll talk to people at a German garrison event tomorrow, and they should know how to solve the issue as well :)@TheSwede cheers for that, I'll just sneak up to a couple of TKs on Saturday and listen closely :)

• Like 1

As Dan suggested fill in the hole on the thigh ammo belt

Regarding the posterior (butt plate), as Daniel mentioned move or add connecting straps closer to the forward vertical edges. With snaps and straps correctly installed the kidney should retain most of the posterior flare, as the waist belt retains the kidney flare.  

Keep up the great work

And is it acceptable to have one side of the ammo pack attached to the thigh rather than the lower thigh ridge? Otherwise my ammo pack does not only stick out and up but it also wouldn't be horizontal anymore :(

And is it acceptable to have one side of the ammo pack attached to the thigh rather than the lower thigh ridge? Otherwise my ammo pack does not only stick out and up but it also wouldn't be horizontal anymore

If it were me, I’d check out some of the approved RS Centurion applications to check the fitting. As you have RS, you basically can’t get more accurate armour, so with the right positioning you will be able to get screen accurate.

Just remember, the originals were not perfect. But, you can replicate the imperfections of the RS/screen used kits.

These are certainly not straight, however they are perfectly imperfect (aka, ANH )
d9fdd37506cc4d4157d7c16c7193d37f.png

70aef826d217e8fabda5daf56652a514.png
  • Like 1

Whoops, update shouldn't have ended here:
ZQT3Fkg.jpg

As you can see in this picture, the butt plate is spread out quite far - I've tried to tackle this issue by using two extra strapping strips, but apparently this wasn't enough any ideas?
Also, when I walk around in the armor there's a lot of plastic clicking sounds which is quite annoying. Did anyone have the same issues, or does that just go away eventually by itself?
Third, as you can see in the front dress run pic some of the colour on the boots has already worn off because the shins keep going up and down when I walk. Would strapping the shins to the boot loops solve that?

As always, when you notice something, hit me up, and despite all these minor problems, I'm getting more and more hyped up for the day when I can finally submit my application in a good conscience!

Cheers,
Freddy
Hot water bath on that but piece. I had to do that too, also had to trim it some.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hi Freddy,

I’ve just spotted something: it looks like your right calf coverstrip is possibly overlapping the wrong way at the back. They should both overlap from the outside of the leg, however the right calf appears to be overlapping from the inside.

fe740299110407240237ec7ed5bd711b.jpg

In other words, the coverstrips should be glued to the outside part of each calf.

Hope that makes sense. :-)

• Like 1

Hey Dan! I'll get that fixed soon :)

Also, I've had my first (inofficial) troop yesterday, joined by my favourite Bridge Crew member out there :D

xmF1Auy.jpg

We had a blast and tons of people wanted pictures already, sooooooooo cool!

So one thing came to the other and after many GG members told me the costume was looking pretty good we decided to take the approval pictures and send them in:
nRqxTmc.jpg

S8DiHDx.jpg

Really looking forward to their reply, and in the meantime I'll eliminate all the smaller things that i came across during the troop, so this will take up some more time, and once I'm approved I'll be working on the EIB and Centurion requirements and application. So I took another big step yesterday and today, but after basic approval, I would be very happy if you guys could keep on supporting me until the very finish which is Centurion :D

Thanks for reading as always,

Freddy

• Like 3

Guys, the worst that could have happened has happened - my girlfriend and her Imperial Bridge Crew costume got approved before me :( well, I guess the approval process takes longer because the TK is a more complex costume.. I'm checking my mailbox about twice an hour right now, and I hope it won't take much longer :)

Also I have decided that I want to follow @CableGuy's path and will apply for the Imperial Attaché programme for my region (after EIB and Centurion, of course) which I think will be great fun, and since I have managed to build my very own armor (hopefully up to Centurion as well) I guess I'll also be somewhat qualified...

I'll keep you guys updated!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Freduster said:

Guys, the worst that could have happened has happened - my girlfriend and her Imperial Bridge Crew costume got approved before me :( well, I guess the approval process takes longer because the TK is a more complex costume.. I'm checking my mailbox about twice an hour right now, and I hope it won't take much longer :)

Also I have decided that I want to follow @CableGuy's path and will apply for the Imperial Attaché programme for my region (after EIB and Centurion, of course) which I think will be great fun, and since I have managed to build my very own armor (hopefully up to Centurion as well) I guess I'll also be somewhat qualified...

Great plan, Freddy. It's wonderful to see how many people are looking to help others in the FISD right now. #troopershelpingtroopers :jc_doublethumbup:

4 hours ago, Freduster said:

:56pullhair:  :laugh1:

• 1 month later...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I got accepted today! :D

So excited to be a part of the 501st from now on :) Now onwards to EIB and Centurion, and then to Imperial Attaché :)

Again thanks to everyone who has supported me over the past couple of months and I hope at least some of you stay with me for the next couple of steps!

Cheers for everything and over and out for now,

TK-19511

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, after my first very exciting weeks in the Legion, Saturday marks my first official event, and since there are only two people attending I'm also gonna experience the duties of an OLC... I'm really looking forward to it tho, and on top of that I painted some parts of my Stanley box white and put my ID on it as well, and I worked on my armor and applied for EIB a second ago. Interesting times ahead :D

Cheers, Freddy

• Like 2

In preparation of the troop tomorrow I managed to finish the TK's new home (just in time). I'm quite happy with how it turned out so I might as well share an image of the box with you guys ;)

HVNluys.jpg

• Like 2