What does your TK-number mean to you?

cr4nky

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of a way to reclaim the numbers from being bad and commemorate her, if that does not sound too strange.

Doesn't sound strange at all... in fact, I love the way you said, "reclaim the numbers". You're choosing to represent them in a way that means something better than what "the world" told you to represent them as. In one way, you're looking through new "lenses" (figuratively and literally) when you don your armor... honoring your mom and seeing the world differently.

Ā 

Very cool.

23rd May

'88

Ā 

The day my mum died.

Kind of a way to reclaim the numbers from being bad and commemorate her, if that does not sound too strange.

Ā 

ThatĀ“s good way to use those numbers and a nice tribute to your mom.

Ā 

I like the fact that people put a little work/history into the number representing them in the 501st.

My TK is 8417

Ā 

84 --- 1984, a great year for Heavy Metal. Dokken, Ratt, and Twisted Sister all had top hits on the radio. Many of the top bands of that era can trace their roots back to this year (the bands I liked anyway).

Ā 

Also, Transformers was introduced in the United States.

Ā 

Ā 

17--- My old baseball number.

Doesn't sound strange at all... in fact, I love the way you said, "reclaim the numbers". You're choosing to represent them in a way that means something better than what "the world" told you to represent them as. In one way, you're looking through new "lenses" (figuratively and literally) when you don your armor... honoring your mom and seeing the world differently.

Ā 

Very cool.

Ā 

ThatĀ“s good way to use those numbers and a nice tribute to your mom.

Ā 

Ā 

Thank you for your kind words and understanding.

mine was a combination of things..

Ā 

i wanted 6901, which is to represent my lifelong love of "the dukes of hazzard", but more specifically the greatest car ever. 69 dodge charger, and the infamous 01 on the door. But that was taken, one of the other numbers i chose was my birthday which is 1208, also taken, so i combined them and got 6908.

Saluting metal is always great!!

Ā 

And Transformers in the mix as well.. Sweet! Love Transformers

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

My TK is 8417

Ā 

84 --- 1984, a great year for Heavy Metal. Dokken, Ratt, and Twisted Sister all had top hits on the radio. Many of the top bands of that era can trace their roots back to this year (the bands I liked anyway).

Ā 

Also, Transformers was introduced in the United States.

Ā 

Ā 

17--- My old baseball number.

• 1 month later...

Gawd I love necroposting. But I have to chime in since my fellow GGG brother Anthony posted as well...

Ā 

My ID number comes from the ages I and my significant other were when we first met. I thought it would be a suitable immortalization of one of the most important events of my life. I looked at a lot of other numbers, birthday, badge number, Star Wars related numbers, etc...

Ā 

Thankfully, my badge number was taken, because, even though it would have been the easiest choice, in retrospect the last thing I'd want to do is link work with the 501st, as I love the 501st, and hate where I work.

Ā 

But then I hit on something very uniquely personal, that come what may would always carry a deep meaning for me.

Ā 

And she took my second choice, but as she's also a member here, so I'll let her speak up about hers if she wants...

3 questions:

Ā 

-Is there any list of numbers that are LEFT? I see the looooong list of member numbers in existence on 501st, just thought I'd ask.

Ā 

-Is is one number for ANY catagory (TK,TI,SL)? Or can one be TK-ABCD and also have exist a TI-ABCD?

Ā 

-Are inactive numbers game, or do they stay as they are?

Ā 

Just checking and thanx :) . Sure doesn't seem to be a bunch of numbers left :mellow: . Perhaps I need to scroll down the list a bit more.

It's not that long since I went through the list. I found loads of free numbers. I don't know if there's a list of the numbers not in use though. But if not, they should consider making one:-)

3 questions:

Ā 

-Is there any list of numbers that are LEFT? I see the looooong list of member numbers in existence on 501st, just thought I'd ask.

Ā 

-Is is one number for ANY catagory (TK,TI,SL)? Or can one be TK-ABCD and also have exist a TI-ABCD?

Ā 

-Are inactive numbers game, or do they stay as they are?

Ā 

Just checking and thanx :) . Sure doesn't seem to be a bunch of numbers left :mellow: . Perhaps I need to scroll down the list a bit more.

Ā 

There isn't a list of available numbers, but there is the list of existing #s. Ctrl-F is your friend on that site. The number is yours regardless of costume. So TK-ABCD is the same as TI-ABCD.

Ā 

Inactive #s are not available. Once you get the # it is yours for life.

Ctrl-F is your friend on that site.

Ā 

DOH :6:

Ā 

Sometimes I need a "Captain Obvious" kick in the pants. Thank you, never thought of using that.

Ā 

Well it seems that any numbers that have anything to do with my/my wife/my kids/ my prison num... :unsure: ....nevermind... are all taken.

Ā 

Looks like it's random number generator for me!

My number was the lowest one available that had 42 in it, because 42 is the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything. :P

I thought about getting 42 in mine... but since we don't know what the question was what's the use? :D

• 4 weeks later...

Well since I started this post, I guess I should share what mine means.

Ā 

TK-2330 is what me and my wife pay in Norwegian currency every month in kindergarten fees.

Ā 

I had som other, more meaningfull numbers, but all where taken:-)