server error messages

Timberwoof

I see it happen a lot that access to the site bogs down or ends up in a Server Error 500. One time I got specific php error messages with file names and line numbers, which is odd if the server was set up not to do that. I have real-world experience with setting up and maintaining LAMP servers. I don't mean to butt in; I'm sure you have your experts madly trying to solve the problem. That said, can I help? 

• Like 1

Yeah, I sent the webmaster a message a little while back, the SQL/PHP/database errors only seem to be increasing in frequency. One of the hamsters fell out of its wheel.

Might also be related to the double-post glitches?

Edited by Harbinger

We've had a host of issues lately. The server load has been insanely high at times, and been very taxing on the database. It might come to the point where we have to move FISD hosting to a dedicated server (right now several detachments share the same VPS).

That would explain why it seems to be happening more often in the morning here which is US night time.

Yeah I always know when there is going to be a problem because when the FISD gets slow or goes down, so does the SLD.  But yes I agree that the website has been a lot slower lately then it has in the past.  This is what happens when we are so popular!

FWIW, I have had this (Server Error) happen a LOT lately.  I normally go online about 4 a.m., which I thought would be a good time.  No luck.  Everything starts out fine, but then after about 5 minutes everything shuts down.  I don't have this problem on any other sites.  Perhaps a dedicated server would be the way to go assuming we have the funds available.  I would be willing to chip in extra if needed.

• Like 1

Mathias & Eric should be chatting a lot on this.  I'm sure they will have a proposal soon on how best to address this.

• Like 1