Rogue One Stormtrooper CRL

Dark PWF

Here is what I have so far:

Change #1 Helmet (reword tears/traps)
L3: Add : Tear vertical lines will be cut indents, not stickers.

Change #2 Bicep (remove statement prohibiting overlap)
L3: Remove entry.

Change #3 (back plate)
L3: Add : The back panel has a rectangular cutout placed on top of the raised area which is slightly smaller in dimension along the outer edges.

Is L3 too easy do people think?

2 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Unfortunately that is just one of those things, most of what is required for costumes I can't find locally so I have to source it online but I don't ask for a change in the CRL because of it ;) 

No doubt as Paul has mentioned someone will eventually come up with a conversion kit of cover strips for use on other armor.

Understood :) My apologies.

I think in regards to the traps that it should be indentations for the black lines in all levels. It's also a pretty key element to maintaining the look of the helmet. I mean, the helmet is supposed to look functional. Unlike the OTTK helmets that just had handprinted parts and decals, the R1TK looks functional.

13 minutes ago, Parquette said:

I think in regards to the traps that it should be indentations for the black lines in all levels. It's also a pretty key element to maintaining the look of the helmet. I mean, the helmet is supposed to look functional. Unlike the OTTK helmets that just had handprinted parts and decals, the R1TK looks functional.

Yup, my error, I'll ensure that's added too.

• Like 1

Also, it may help if we had a guide on what options of brow position there is. There are some real angry looks (the brow that pretty much touches the eyes) and then there's the straighter version (which you see on the Hot Toys version). But sand troopers do not have raised brows like OT, nor do the regular R1TK's. I don't know, what do you think Paul?

20 hours ago, Parquette said:

Also, it may help if we had a guide on what options of brow position there is. There are some real angry looks (the brow that pretty much touches the eyes) and then there's the straighter version (which you see on the Hot Toys version). But sand troopers do not have raised brows like OT, nor do the regular R1TK's. I don't know, what do you think Paul?

Only screen images are used as reference for the CRL's, toys and Sandtroopers don't count ;) 

• Like 1

Also I know this is probably a pretty obvious answer, but along with all the updates to all TK CRL's (like weathering and battle damage scuffs as an option now), what are the chances that optional backpacks will be brought in? Like can the OTTK wear a Kyber Crystal backpack because it's canon? And can any regular TK from any of the OT and R1 wear the Battlefront jump pack? I think we need a run down of all the options that should be available to all TK's from OT as a standard. 

Also I fixed up my riot baton holster, I'll get some pics tonight or tomorrow.

• Like 1

Deployed troops are now all going to MEPD.  The pack ones will all be there and the CRL is getting finalized.  Today is the last day I'll take changes to the R1 and then it's baked for the rest of the election year at least.  MEPD needs our final version for theirs, and we need to allow people to get approved, EI, etc. for awhile before we see if the result is too easy or too hard.

If the R1TK is supposed to be a functional representation, I would loose the subtle swoop in the  on the eye for L 3. I don’t really see it and I’m not convinced it’s on every helmet and the control images don’t show it.

if the Rogue One TK is more representative of the idealized Stormtrooper I would think the helmet would be symmetrical.

just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Also, I'm all for taking out the bump on the eye if it's considered not essential to highest tier approval. I know it's there, but in all honesty it's so subtle that at first glance nobody would tell. It's only at certain angles you can definitively see it. I keep meaning to draw an outline of the eyes, but I always am in another room of the house when I remember to go to the home computer and do so xD 

13 hours ago, Big Deal said:

If the R1TK is supposed to be a functional representation, I would loose the subtle swoop in the  on the eye for L 3. I don’t really see it and I’m not convinced it’s on every helmet and the control images don’t show it.

if the Rogue One TK is more representative of the idealized Stormtrooper I would think the helmet would be symmetrical.

just my 2 cents.

Agreed. AFAIK they are supposed to be symmetrical, actual vocoder piping, etcetera. Plenty of reference material to know for certain.

Oh indeed it is symmetrical. However the wearer's right eye on the bottom contains a super subtle hump that is mimicking of the OTTK eye bump. Even though the helmet is symmetrical, there's that one detail. And honestly, I understand why they'd do that. It is key to the look of a Stormtrooper, it gives us all that image we remember. Below is the best pic that comes to mind without having to draw on it. 

You can see how the left one doesn't exactly droop down like the right (viewers). Rather it dives down.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjVq8e8nt7XAhXI7YMKHecQCvkQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcoed.com%2F2016%2F11%2F02%2Fwatch-gillette-special-edition-rogue-one-star-wars-story-gift-packs-video%2F&psig=AOvVaw3to86PTRuhnkXUXtmB03Fe&ust=1511854324291933

You can especially see how thicker the shading is under the eye in comparison to the other one.

7 hours ago, Parquette said:

Also, I'm all for taking out the bump on the eye if it's considered not essential to highest tier approval. I know it's there, but in all honesty it's so subtle that at first glance nobody would tell. It's only at certain angles you can definitively see it. I keep meaning to draw an outline of the eyes, but I always am in another room of the house when I remember to go to the home computer and do so xD 

Removed.

6 hours ago, Dragon_a said:

For the shins I think the text may have been copied from the OT TK.  Do we need the references to "AM shins"?

Good call - removed.

6 hours ago, Dragon_a said:

Also on the RO TK is the sniper knee atrached with rivets  (the crl says it can be)?

No, and this is only for L1.

1 minute ago, Daetrin said:

OK, at this point I'm baking it.  We'll get any changes in the next round, unless there is something really egregious.

I know it's been a busy week but I hope you had a great Thanksgiving Paul.

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:47 PM, Parquette said:

I think for now if it's not an issue, let it be.  We don't talk about it much in the CRLs for other costumes and I think we have enough to go on for now.

• Like 1

The baton is still the inaccurate rectangular version. Won't MEPD want the correct one for the deployed prisoner guard?

Btw I've been watching more battlefront 2, and it appears that the batons are frequent weapons for troopers. You just have to keep an eye out for any troops running at your character.

Hey Daetrin, would you be able to update the baton segment? Half of the description or so discusses a rectangular striking area, which we know now not to be on the real baton. Especially if we're going to hand it over to MEPD, they're going to want the most accurate version of the CRL that we can make.