Rogue One Stormtrooper CRL

Dark CMF

Thanks - please feel free to add it to the March 2018 CRL update thread directly.  I'm packed this weekend but my target it to get to it by the weekend of the 17th.

That's a great question.  I don't see why not - it's something that could be introduced at L1 as a start. I'd like to hear from Tony & Sly on this first before making

I don’t see why fabric or something thin like blue painters tape(which we believe may have been used on screen) couldn’t be used? At least for basic approval until we can find more information.

I agree that fabric would work great for fans and it would be really nice to utilize the tube stripes for what they were initially intended to look like; vents.
And blue painters tape would work great for sound system speakers.

Actually I’m wondering if the same thing can’t be done for the Tears and Traps with black fabric, allowing actual vents in the dome and face. Imagine heat and condensation actually escaping a stormtrooper bucket, that’s now a potential possibility with the new Rogue One design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2018 at 4:53 PM, Dragon_a said:

Just re-reading the crl it states that the ab and kidney plates are 2 seperate pieces.  Im not sure this is correct?

I'm inclined to agree with Tony on this. Ever since TFA most if not all trooper armor has had a one piece ab/kidney section with a rear cover plate design (FOTK, ST, TT, DT). Without having canon or behind the scene photos for proof this is speculation but the evidence does point heavily in this direction. 

Well, we can see the vertical separation gap here.  What do you consider the black vertical diagonal line?  If anything it looks like 4 pieces around the torso: back plate, right rib plate, left rib plate, ab plate.  That is one funky plastic belt in the back too, which I don't think we capture well, and also the very wide fabric strap that connects to the back and chest plate bottoms.  Right now we say the separate back plate is an L3 item.

Screen-Shot-2016-04-07-at-8.21.23-AM.png

CRL

File:TK R1 kidney.jpg

CRL link: http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_rogue_one

Yes there's a semi vertical molded section (painted black which looks like a gap) but the design is still one piece with a slit in the back covered by the cover plate. 

Thanks. My ask then is on the update thread for march to add this in with text such as 

Currently

Change to

As the wording really needs to be solid for us to make this change.  Also, since there is L1/L2/L3 in there, you can also recommend at what level you want this change, and how it affects the rest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daetrin said:

Thanks. My ask then is on the update thread for march to add this in with text such as 

Currently

Change to

As the wording really needs to be solid for us to make this change.  Also, since there is L1/L2/L3 in there, you can also recommend at what level you want this change, and how it affects the rest.

Done!

Oh wow i wasnt expecting such a response as im only new. Being able to use them as actual vents would be great. I could potentially see a set up where there are fans blowing hot air inside the bucket out the vents. Would this only be for level 1? And not be possible for level 2 or 3? Or is more investigation needed.

Not only does the riot baton segment need to be reworded, but it really needs a new model. The one featured is really inaccurate (there is no rectangular striking area) and as far as I can tell, it's a fully cylinder. I'm still pretty sure it's the same ones used in Battlefront 2. A lot of troopers in the Campaign mode use them when you're fighting them, they'll run up from behind a barricade and raise a 3 part extended baton, similar to the one a fellow member posted here a few pages ago.

Edited by Parquette
  • Like 1

On 3/2/2018 at 8:35 AM, Daetrin said:

Well, we can see the vertical separation gap here.  What do you consider the black vertical diagonal line?  If anything it looks like 4 pieces around the torso: back plate, right rib plate, left rib plate, ab plate.  That is one funky plastic belt in the back too, which I don't think we capture well, and also the very wide fabric strap that connects to the back and chest plate bottoms.  Right now we say the separate back plate is an L3 item.

Screen-Shot-2016-04-07-at-8.21.23-AM.png

CRL

File:TK R1 kidney.jpg

CRL link: http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_rogue_one

Also could we further delve into the abdomen shape in general? The CRL model has the armpit section swoop down and up, while in the ref image above it actually swoops down, but then arches up. You can see what I mean behind the black connection piece for the chest and back armor. It's the white part sticking out from behind.

12 hours ago, Parquette said:

Not only does the riot baton segment need to be reworded, but it really needs a new model. The one featured is really inaccurate (there is no rectangular striking area) and as far as I can tell, it's a fully cylinder. I'm still pretty sure it's the same ones used in Battlefront 2. A lot of troopers in the Campaign mode use them when you're fighting them, they'll run up from behind a barricade and raise a 3 part extended baton, similar to the one a fellow member posted here a few pages ago.

Yeah, it's high on the list.  I need to find that thread and put it in the queue. That said, we'll need someone to create it in real life to use for a photo

12 hours ago, Parquette said:

Also could we further delve into the abdomen shape in general? The CRL model has the armpit section swoop down and up, while in the ref image above it actually swoops down, but then arches up. You can see what I mean behind the black connection piece for the chest and back armor. It's the white part sticking out from behind.

Yes, we can. :)  I'm hoping that via this thread we can create good L1/L2/L3 language around this.

10 hours ago, Dragon_a said:

What colour blue are people using for the 2 buttons on the ab?

At the moment unless proven otherwise most are going with the OTTK colors. French blue and Dark grey

ArmourandHelmetHumbrolPaintColours_.jpg  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ukswrath said:

At the moment unless proven otherwise most are going with the OTTK colors. French blue and Dark grey

ArmourandHelmetHumbrolPaintColours_.jpg  

I think this can be a sticky in the R1 area, and may help new builds.  What do you think?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Parquette said:

I think the only thing we need to emphasize is that the colors aren't glossy. They're more flat than anything.

I would be surprised if mentioning glossy or flat will make it on the CRL. 

Sort of. There are a couple of photos ive see  that it looks like there is a black belt that goes under the cod and belt boxes, some shoulder bells that are connected to snaps on a dark material. There also appears to be some sort of connection between the thighs and the belt. I was just wondering if this would be included in the crl or if this is up to us when we are putting our armour together. There are so many tutorials on how to put together the OT ABS armour, but not much has been done on instructions on how to strap this new armour up as its so different.

Actually this is a good question. The FOTK uses two buckles on each thigh to connect them to a inner supporting harness. Both buckles can be seen in multiple photos yet it's not in the CRL. Myself and maybe a couple others have this implemented in our builds. If the same buckles exists in the R1TK should we add it to the CRL? And if so will we need to change the FOTK CRL? Paul 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Actually this is a good question. The FOTK uses two buckles on each thigh to connect them to a inner supporting harness. Both buckles can be seen in multiple photos yet it's not in the CRL. Myself and maybe a couple others have this implemented in our builds. If the same buckles exists in the R1TK should we add it to the CRL? And if so will we need to change the FOTK CRL? Paul 

Yeah, we can put it in L3 first.  Feel free to put this in the March CRL update thread and put in some photo support and we'll go from there!

• Like 1