Rogue One Stormtrooper Back Pack part found

This US store has the box in stock.  The picture on their website doesn't show the center piece, but I called to confirm that it's included with the box.  I got mine in on Wednesday and everything looks great!

https://colemans.com/shop/containers/norwegian-military-waterproof-airtight-storage-box/

US buyers, I contacted this seller listed above by Mark. This is legit however, anyone ordering one will need to contact them directly via phone, listed on the website. Not all the cases shown in the image come with the plate. You need to have them verify the plate will be with your order. The verification costs a few $ more but you're insured to get the plate. I ordered one and now awaiting delivery.

• Like 1

US buyers, I contacted this seller listed above by Mark. This is legit however, anyone ordering one will need to contact them directly via phone, listed on the website. Not all the cases shown in the image come with the plate. You need to have them verify the plate will be with your order. The verification costs a few $ more but you're insured to get the plate. I ordered one and now awaiting delivery.

Good info - thanks for the clarification!

I believe this is the back pack though the center pack on the ROTK has a cover over it. The top portion is a sleeping bag.

Alice pack - https://colemans.com/shop/pouches-bags/alice-pack-lc-ii-large-u-s-g-i/

3708.png

Sleeping bag cover that drapes over and is secured to the pack - https://colemans.com/shop/camping-gear/bedding/u-s-g-i-wwii-era-sleeping-bag/

p-12049-4154.gif

How confident are you that that's the exact one?  The dimensions look HUGE compared to the actual pack - think they just pinned the excess underneath?

It's 78" long and I have no idea what the dimensions are from one side of the pack to the other on the ROTK, so obviously it's a guess. I have yet to see ex military weapons, apparel or accessories unaltered by Lucas or Disney. This bag may have been cut down, who knows. 

On 7/30/2016 at 5:11 AM, moldycrow said:

It was wondering if it was something more similar to this ---------

Dimensions match up really closely (box is 30cm + 40cm + 30cm = 39.4", bag is 41").

Ohh that looks promising also  ;)  :duim:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

It's 78" long and I have no idea what the dimensions are from one side of the pack to the other on the ROTK, so obviously it's a guess. I have yet to see ex military weapons, apparel or accessories unaltered by Lucas or Disney. This bag may have been cut down, who knows. 

I've got a magic trick for you. Measure something on the found part you bought, take the picture of the RO backpack, report the previously measured dimension to it and use that as a scale.

• Like 2

Sorry I don't have the link at the moment but someone on the RPF has the pack, grenade holder rack and frame components listed and up for sale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm still trying to determine if it's a bag or something rolled up like you mentioned, and the seam/edge is against the pack.

Every trooper carries their own body bag. Shelter half. Poncho.
  • Like 1

I've got a magic trick for you. Measure something on the found part you bought, take the picture of the RO backpack, report the previously measured dimension to it and use that as a scale.

For the magic trick to work it would require actually having an item in hand to measure, and as stated I just ordered it. Until then it's "guess" work not magic  ;)  

if you guys are not aware the metal pack frame is different to the Alice pack that is used.  The actual frame is a Swedish LK35 metal frame pack made by Haglofs. 

They are really easy to get hold of and very cheap too.  this frame was chosen I believe as its ability to have virtually anything mounted onto it, hence the grenade box etc being able to be mounted onto it.

Hope this helps guys.

One thing from myself is the Antenna attached to the pack.  Does anyone have any idea's ?  I do know that the end of it is just tucked into the right Alice pack pocket and nothing more as I my friend accidently touched it and it fell out.  it looked just like an ordinary electric cable

scotty

On 7/30/2016 at 10:08 PM, Sly11 said:

Sorry I don't have the link at the moment but someone on the RPF has the pack, grenade holder rack and frame components listed and up for sale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe this is what you're referring to Andrew ------------

US buyers you can pick up all the same components from Colemans Military surplus for under $100, and save on the shipping  

Frame Scotty mentioned -  https://colemans.com/shop/pouches-bags/swedish-military-backpack-with-frame/

Edited by gmrhodes13

Here's my built, I think it's the very first one.

Just finished it. Missing only the metal part on strap.

-------------

My work's done here. Moving along http://forum.mepd.net/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.gif

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 4

Materials used:

- Norwegian army grenade case

- Swedish army M75 backpack frame

- ALICE LC1 bag, size Large

- ALICE LC1 straps

- Austrian army soft cover for the upper rolled part (to be replaced if I'll find better one)

- Some straps

- Car flexible antenna 78cm, with some cable

Whole pack weights around 4-5 kilos.

I'm not planning to make new stormtrooper armor for now, but who knows... ;)

Will use this pack for my sandtrooper and my Red Rain set.

Edited by Gibbon
  • Like 5

I think you guys should focus on doing the armor that goes with first, but...

The complexity of this armor is beyond any TK built to date. Not sure how many current armor mfgs are going to pull it off using traditional vac forming or even fiberglass, but I'll leave that up to them.  

Materials used:

- Norwegian army grenade case

- Swedish army M75 backpack frame

- ALICE LC1 bag, size Large

- ALICE LC1 straps

- Austrian army soft cover for the upper rolled part (to be replaced if I'll find better one)

- Some straps

- Car flexible antenna 78cm, with some cable

Thanks Derek Great job. 

• Like 1

I didn't see it mentioned but the straps used on the pack are the Enhanced Extra Padded ALICE Pack Shoulder Straps.

As far as I've seen they only come in woodland camp so they were dyed or painted.

I bought mine here:

-----------

I'm still researching the large ALICE pack that was used. There are many variations from manufacturers and I haven't seen an exact match yet.

One of the main details I noticed is that the bottom snaps for the pouches are located below the seam line of the reinforced bottom third of the pouch. Most packs are not like that.

We'll be covering the whole pack on The Parts of Star Wars Facebook page soon...

https://www.facebook.com/PartsofSW/

Edited by gmrhodes13