Brattie's AP Build and Journey to The 501st

Alrighty.. Having a little fun with learning how to hand write Star warsian if that's a word.. Laugh..

I think the letter forms are called Aurabesh. I would check the star wars wiki, but mobile is not conducive to multitasking for me.

Regarding Calf hooks or Velcro, I used Velcro on the outside cover strip like Dannys build. Also to keep them from moving around on me i used Velcro on the top front of my boots and the inside front of the calve armor.. Walked around the house for 20 min didn't budge,  so I went for a run for 10 min with them like that didn't move at all... Neighbors were a little confused lol...  

• Like 2

Thanks Scott.. everyone here is truly amazing. People I've met when I was able to get out to Collectors Con were awesome. Just very nervous about it all. It's a lot of money and could cost a lot if I mess it up. Laugh.

That is a really long elastic Loop if it goes through your belt loop!!!

No, its not long, it just attaches to a snap inside my shin. Hopefully this picture explains it a bit better.

IMG_5133_zpshlomhjby.jpg

• Like 2

As to calves. Hooks are canon but Velcro will keep them closed. Centurion doesn't specify how you strap your armour together so Velcro for calves is acceptable. <br><br>

As to id in belt. You won't be retrieving it and with bucket on wont know where your ammo packs are, or how to holster your blaster for that matter lol

• Like 2

@ Scott - You were talking about the Boot Loops!!! Hahahah When you said Belt loops I was thinking wow.. he runs an elastic all the way up to his belt! I get it now.

Awesome Idea.. requires snaps.. I'll have to think about that one.. great idea though! Thanks

@ Chris - I can only imagine what the neighbors thought. Laugh. Good to know you can move so well though in some of the armor. I think it's important to ensure stairs and other items can be easily handled. Even if it requires a little trimming. Not only for safety reasons but for comfort and so you don't have to do the "peg leg" walk.

@ Dan - With all the conversation about people calling the cops on Troopers.. I don't think I'll have my bucket ON when I need my ID. But I do think it's a good idea to ensure you have ID no matter what. When I looked at what people had done I thought it was a great idea to hide away ID and such. However I don't want to be going into my back plate to retrieve things.

@ Gary - I would have rather had Tigger deliver it! - chuckles - :dancing-trooper:

@ Eric - Good idea however bondo can be used for so many things. I am looking into how to best mount lenses now. Might be handy for building something nice.

As for you two Sandy Troopers TK traitors!! - Laugh - I hope you get sand in your under-roos! ;)

I would hardly say you are "Fat" - "Phat" Maybe..I'd have to ask your other half - chuckles - You are just a bigger guy.

Edited by Brattie

@ Scott - You were talking about the Boot Loops!!! Hahahah When you said Belt loops I was thinking wow.. he runs an elastic all the way up to his belt! I get it now .

Oops, sorry, I'd like to blame autocorrect, but it could have been beer's fault as well.

• Like 1

hahhaha.. sometimes I think auto correct is our worst enemy however it does make for some interesting conversations. :D

Thanks for the tips and information Scott!! :dancing-trooper:

Edited by Brattie

As to stairs, going up and down them isn't really the issue, it's knowing where they start... That first step, we can trip over, as we can't see it... I've stumbled a couple of time due to stairs... And peg legged walk doesn't really work in armour, not that I've tried... But while walking upstairs, bending knees away from your body does help. It's almost like wearing a kilt and sporran.

Thanks Dan.. my concern with bending knees is that I've seen thigh armor that goes up really high which I would think would pinch and hurt as it stabs into the hips and crease area of the leg. I would think trimming them down slightly to ensure your leg can move would be appropriate.

As for Kilt.. I like Kilts.. but I'm also a lady so I know how to walk in skirts. Laugh.

Have you worn a kilt? I love the Scottish accent and all of their culture (minus the haggis) I can't wait until the next Fergus Festival.. I try to make it each year. :)

• Like 1

Thanks Dan.. my concern with bending knees is that I've seen thigh armor that goes up really high which I would think would pinch and hurt as it stabs into the hips and crease area of the leg. I would think trimming them down slightly to ensure your leg can move would be appropriate.

As for Kilt.. I like Kilts.. but I'm also a lady so I know how to walk in skirts. Laugh.

Have you worn a kilt? I love the Scottish accent and all of their culture (minus the haggis) I can't wait until the next Fergus Festival.. I try to make it each year. :)

I own a kilt (Clan MacKinnon), and think I may be the only kilted TK in the Canadian Garrison... I've yet to wear it with my armour, but look forward in doing so. I've been to Fergus a couple of times for the Highland games, yet I think my family would get bored... So haven't made the trip recently.

On another note, about ID, you could also wear a purse type thing around your neck, keeping the ID under your chest plate. When gloves are removed, your hands should be able to fit above the ab plate...

• Like 2

Dan, That's a good idea.. I have heard mention of the passport holders that hang.

I was at the Fergus festival that they broke the Caber Toss World Record last year :)  Was Awesome!

I hope to travel to Scotland some day in the future to take pictures of the culture and castles, etc. I love the accent.. :D

• Like 2

I have a message from the shiny armor side.. :P <- Raspberry

KIDDING! Laugh

Be sure to keep me up to date on your Sandy build.. that way I can spray you with a hose later on to clean you off!! LAUGH!

Edited by Brattie

Dan, That's a good idea.. I have heard mention of the passport holders that hang.

I was at the Fergus festival that they broke the Caber Toss World Record last year :) Was Awesome!

I hope to travel to Scotland some day in the future to take pictures of the culture and castles, etc. I love the accent.. :D

I can't remember the last time I was at Fergus' Highland games... Think it was more than 10 years ago... To get to Scotland would be awesome! I've travelled a lot, when I was younger, but never there.
  • Like 1

Let's all hang out a block from Eric place and not invite him, I see how it is. We didn't know each other then but I still blame you haha

I didn't know you ten years or more ago either... Lol but as long as you're not blaming me, all is well lol

Like they say, "Wasnae Me!"

Edited by TK 2759
  • Like 1

I own a kilt (Clan MacKinnon), and think I may be the only kilted TK in the Canadian Garrison... I've yet to wear it with my armour, but look forward in doing so. I've been to Fergus a couple of times for the Highland games, yet I think my family would get bored... So haven't made the trip recently.

On another note, about ID, you could also wear a purse type thing around your neck, keeping the ID under your chest plate. When gloves are removed, your hands should be able to fit above the ab plate...

Clan Strachan here mate

• Like 3

Kilted Troopers are awesome! Although some wear various bits and pieces, there's really no standard as long as your wearing the TK and kilt... Some wear the undersuit, leave out thighs, ab, and kidney plates... Some wear the top armour, no armour below waist... Some wear the belt, others don't...

• Like 3