Brattie's AP Build and Journey to The 501st

BUILD UPDATE

Alrighty.. so I started the spray paint process in my own homemade spray booth..

Spraytime_zpsjnffki4v.png

yes.. it's a U-haul box. Laugh

Letting the first binder dry now and then will switch out for the next one..

To be honest I am a little bummed. I'm sure it is all part of the journey and all but things are just like totally turtling. Smaller items I've been working at are being completed and the whole being able to get the binders for less than what I've spent to make my own is really depressing. The cheaper ones - store bought - will most likely work better than what I've put together as well.

I'll keep forging ahead with these and see if I can make them better than the store bought.. not sure how though..

Maybe I could add a battery and button on them that sends a small shock to the person wearing them?  Totally not Canon! Laughs.

Edited by Brattie

Alrighty.. so I started the spray paint process in my own homemade spray booth..

Spraytime_zpsjnffki4v.png

yes.. it's a U-haul box. Laugh

Letting the first binder dry now and then will switch out for the next one..

To be honest I am a little bummed. I'm sure it is all part of the journey and all but things are just like totally turtling. Smaller items I've been working at are being completed and the whole being able to get the binders for less than what I've spent to make my own is really depressing. The cheaper ones - store bought - will most likely work better than what I've put together as well.

I'll keep forging ahead with these and see if I can make them better than the store bought.. not sure how though..

Maybe I could add a battery and button on them that sends a small shock to the person wearing them? Totally not Canon! Laughs.

Not sure about shocking the masses that wear the binders... I still think you should try to find that store that you couldn't find, for the rare earth magnets. You'd be surprised on how strong they are, I've seen no other magnet, short of electronic, stronger.

Why the long wait for your armour, when others have theirs in hand?

I have to take this slower because of the cost. But AP has been awesome and patient and I really like Mark, he is great. I'll have it soon enough I know.. but I am working on other things and will have these binders together soon enough. I am expecting to have it some where around the end of Feb to mid March.. fingers crossed.. just have to work out the stuff.

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 3

BUILD UPDATE

Alright peoples.. Need advise asap please... Laugh

I just got my Blaster Decals.. now.. I know where the counter goes but which way does it go.. and which scope decal should I use for ANH?

DecalsE11_zpsrlt95nbm.jpg

After application I will be applying some Mod Podge which has a Gloss finish to protect them as well and give em some shine!

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 1

BUILD UPDATE

I have JB welded my switch near the trigger AGAIN! I am almost ready to just rip that switch off.. this time I welded it to the rest of the unit so it still looks like a switch but it has some other support when it dries.

The decals I received from trooperbay.. awesome.. but the counter ones needed some work as they didn't fit my unit.. with some cutting and tweezer placement I was able to make them look awesome. Then mod podged to death and voila.. what do ya think?

Decal%20Placement_zps9yyuvpes.jpg

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 1

BUILD UPDATE

here's a little better picture of the counter.. and where the switch issue is..

Counterandswitch_zpsq9lygxeq.png

Important note.. yes.. that's Crown in the back.. this blaster is making me DRINK!  Laugh..

Oh and forgot to mention a small amount of Glow in the Dark paint on the numbers makes it kinda nifty too!

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 3

Thanks Dan.. I tried.. I was considering ripping off the bump things and painting them bronze to go with ANH. That way I could spend the under twenty to get the disney ones.

Shrugs.. not sure what I want to do yet...

Thanks Dan.. I tried.. I was considering ripping off the bump things and painting them bronze to go with ANH. That way I could spend the under twenty to get the disney ones.

Shrugs.. not sure what I want to do yet...

I'd stick with them as is, after all, these are yours, but ultimately it's your decision....

Very true Dan.. but these type of binders weren't used in ANH.

OMG.. I have started watching the complete set of movies again and did you know there is a AK-47 with a few mods on the rebel side iin TESP!!??

I paused it and looked for like 20 minutes.

Anyway.. I find a movie takes 4 hours average to watch now with all the pausing and looking closely at every part of everything! Helps to know my stuff right?

Chuckles

Anyway.. things are starting to slow down.. now it's just wait.. maybe for Valentines day I'll get a message from echo about the fans...

Very true Dan.. but these type of binders weren't used in ANH.

OMG.. I have started watching the complete set of movies again and did you know there is a AK-47 with a few mods on the rebel side iin TESP!!??

I paused it and looked for like 20 minutes.

Anyway.. I find a movie takes 4 hours average to watch now with all the pausing and looking closely at every part of everything! Helps to know my stuff right?

Chuckles

Anyway.. things are starting to slow down.. now it's just wait.. maybe for Valentines day I'll get a message from echo about the fans...

Close Angie its a German Stg. MP44

stg44_7019.jpg

ESB at the Carbonite test with Han, 6 Stormtroopers lead Han, Leia, and Chewie down across to the stairs... Cut scene going down stairs, only four ar there, and one has a hanging shoulder bell.... As 3 fell off the platform, and 2 armours were destroyed in the fall.<br><br>

Re Binders<br><br>

I don't think it really matters if they're canon or not... They're still a fun prop no matter what.

Edited by TK 2759
  • Like 3

Hahaha.. that's funny.. Poor troopers though.. I bet there were more than a few pinches after that fall! 

So important to have handlers to watch for that right?

• Like 1

Hahaha.. that's funny.. Poor troopers though.. I bet there were more than a few pinches after that fall!

So important to have handlers to watch for that right?

No handlers while on the set of the movies. Just watch out for stairs. They are your enemy lol
  • Like 3

Good to know.. Will have to be careful if anyone ever asks me to be in a movie.. Laugh..

Anyway.. things are slowing down a bit.. but that's okay.. messing with fixing the switch on my blaster a bit.. the JB weld to the main body of the blaster worked and it's way stronger now which is a great thing. So now I just have to clean it up and weather it a little so it blends better.

The Mod Podge on the handle helped a great deal in giving it a shine. this is so much better I think than painting it all with a high gloss.

Anyway.. looks good so far I think but we'll see when I get to meet some people in the spring and such at armor builds.

• Like 1

Don't worry, there are alot of locals that are always willing to help and give pointers.. There are also alot of new AP builders in our area, me included. Trust me your build will go smoother than ours :-)

Edited by chwillis
  • Like 1

BUILD UPDATE

Yes.. I have learnt so far that:

- Apparently it is easier to give up on the TK build and go sandy (I'm still planning on TK).

- Heat and Buckets do not mix

- Blaster Springs are a Pain in the butt

- Canon pictures are our friend

- Knee areas are a problem

- Someone HATES screened vents (teeth)

- Mark is awesome

- Errors suck

It's a small list so far... Laugh

I was speaking to Mark yesterday and things are progressing well.. so hopefully the timeline is still in place for End of Feb into Mar for my gear!

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 3

Hurmm.. what should the caption be...

I think it should be the TK telling the TFA Troopers "Alright Rookies.. this is a droid.. this is not the one you are looking for.. but it is a driod"

Trooper%20watch_zpskj2mvdo0.png

• Like 3

Hey guys,

NOTE: So all know that are new like me.. You need to send a message to the FISD Staff asking permission to post donation related items. I didn't know this before the below was posted, however I have contacted them. So if this disappears it is because I deleted it. I don't wish to be in their bad books for this awesome site they host. I know now to contact them first in the future. :)

As far as I know this isn't a 501st Event so I wanted to let you all know that I am participating in Relay For Life this year.  I would love donations if anyone feels like it.

I checked the Don'ts and didn't see anything saying I couldn't tell you that I am participating and to see if anyone wanted to donate to support me on this: --->here's my RFL Page. (I am not selling anything)

I know there was some interest in this previously in my build thread. If you monitor my page you'll see the Location which is currently TBD should be updated closer to June 11th.

So far it is looking good for having my armor ready for June 11th!!! fingers crossed.

For those that don't know:

View the Video

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 1

Hurmm.. what should the caption be...

I think it should be the TK telling the TFA Troopers "Alright Rookies.. this is a droid.. this is not the one you are looking for.. but it is a driod"

Trooper%20watch_zpskj2mvdo0.png

Wanted to help kill some of the your wait - (hee, hee, hee)

Brattie do you want to kill some Rebels?

http://youtu.be/0eJeCM60awo

• Like 2

Good Morning everyone...

I was lucky enough this morning to catch the last hour of Khro's Non-stop ANOVOS TK build and get to chat with him a bit on it. Was interesting. Around 21 hours of straight building.

I know it's a good idea to take your time and he is an experienced builder  having built other things before, but I have to say it was nice to see how some things were done.

The Sanding of each piece before gluing to help things along, the difficulty with different parts.

Anyway, I look forward to him posting an edited version of his build so I can see the beginning.

I have to say it is funny that ANOVOS sends a Hero set up on the belt with a STUNT bucket.

Anyway.. was interesting. If you caught any of the build I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. I have to say it put my mind at ease seeing some of it done.

Lastly.. his room looked like the left over pieces of the death star when he was done. Laugh.. Prepare for a mess!!

• Like 2