Brattie's AP Build and Journey to The 501st

BUILD UPDATE

Alright.. WHO suggested I go to Princess AUTO!!????

Dammit! I spent more money!!!

shoppin_zpsyuewz6al.jpg

Wasn't too bad though.. all for under $50. Was a Sale.. and a girl can't miss out on sales!!

Got some magnets.. not the best size but they work and HOLY smokes they hold nice!

They are being E6zillioned right now.

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 2

OMG the BEST Part of my day today was looking at a Guy and asking about "Split Rivets" and him looking at me like I had 5 heads.. and then after he asked 8 other guys someone pipes up and says "oh yeah.." He describes what I'm looking for and how they work and then advises "we don't carry those but you might try yadda yadda yadda.. " and the 9 other guys then looked at me like I was some goddess for knowing something about tools and rivets they didn't know.. THANK YOU STAR WARS UNIVERSE!!! +1 win for the Ladies!!!

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 4

If your princess auto is like the Scarborough one they don't have it. That'd why I ended up at home Depot and buying the suspended ceiling wire.<br><br>

Also the split rivets, you went to a hardware store didn't you? I think they are only used in leatherworking.

If your princess auto is like the Scarborough one they don't have it. That'd why I ended up at home Depot and buying the suspended ceiling wire.<br><br>

Also the split rivets, you went to a hardware store didn't you? I think they are only used in leatherworking.

If you're still looking for rivets I bought my cen rivet set for less than ten bucks CAD from Justjoseph here on FISD. They're vetted and the real deal! http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/34902-centurion-level-rivet-sets-for-sale/

• Like 2

BUILD UPDATE

Alright.. my FINGERS HURT... But I did it!!! Stick that in your Bolt and pull it! :laugh1:

Spring_zpsxe5xybni.jpg

Here is an update on the binders...

Binders%204_zpsf3fmlpwh.jpg

Binders still need sanding.. I can't find the stuff people keep talking about that's like a putty to smooth the corners into the magnets.. those are the smallest you can get in Canada that are rectangle btw... anyway.. I know there's JB weld.. which is an apoxy but it just doesn't look like the same putty kinda stuff I see others using... Any ideas?

Anyway.. giving some time to figure that out then sanding and painting.. then Foam.. I have it already..

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 2

Here's a photo of us using them on the right.

0F91A111-E91F-4014-B240-788ECCD9BC0A_zps

As ANH we really shouldn't have these type but they just work so well. I have brass binders I use for my ANH that is accurate for ANH.

Here's pics also

504C9A35-ECF0-4A62-923F-931FCE4A060C_zps

Sent from a galaxy far far away

Edited by TK21029
  • Like 1

are you kidding me!!! They make them!! why in the world would I be going through all this pain and suffering to make my own then!! GAH!!!! 

Can I rip my hair out now!!?? Laughs ..

ok ok.. seriously.. I wanted to try the build. I know it's not perfect and will most likely buy the store-made ones.. the homemade costs more than $15 to make.. but it was a fun little experiement and

when I get them done I can be proud that all the little non-perfect parts are mine.. Laughs..

Wow check out this Mark up

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 2

are you kidding me!!! They make them!! why in the world would I be going through all this pain and suffering to make my own then!! GAH!!!!

Can I rip my hair out now!!?? Laughs ..

ok ok.. seriously.. I wanted to try the build. I know it's not perfect and will most likely buy the store-made ones.. the homemade costs more than $15 to make.. but it was a fun little experiement and

when I get them done I can be proud that all the little non-perfect parts are mine.. Laughs..

Wow check out this Mark up

Now that's crazy

• Like 1

I finished cleaning up a work space for when I get my armor, and am thinking of some sort of other mods to my armor transport. Just need stuff to keep on moving. Binders are coming and I guess I will get the Disney ones for fun later on, not that anh used em though.

• Like 1