Brattie's AP Build and Journey to The 501st

Next Question:

SPRING IN BLASTER...

I have read numerous threads about putting a spring in the back of the Blaster. Is this Canon? I can't seem to find pictures of it in the film.

If it is.. then what are people using for this.. coat hangers?

BLASTER WIRES:

I have been digging around trying to figure out if I should attach Wires to my blaster to make it closer to footage from the movies. Here is what I have found...

BLSTRWires_zpsproxm5qz.png

We all recognize this scene from the movie... now.. look at the blaster.. There are wires... so I took this image and removed outside sources through delicate close up pixel related investigation to remove other parts of the image...

BlasterWiresClsUp_zpsjvyhvajj.png

The wires aren't coiled, but rather looped and attached to some sort of plug like thing..

What are your thoughts?  Interested as I'm considering finding some Red or Black wire to re-create this on my blaster.

It almost looks like Red wire with black electrical tape around it.

I took a picture of my blaster and tried to figure out the wires on it using paint..  what do you think?

Close%20up%201wires_zps8qunsl1i.png

There could be 3 wires.. one from the lower cylinder with the ooo on the cap. And then the 2 others from both power cylinders connecting together and into the other box unit...

So hard to say..

Something like this maybe...

Close%20up%201wires2_zps5pcagybj.png

Interesting conversation here but they don't seem to truly cover the placement of these items..

Other interesting Wiring thread here..

Edited by Brattie

Thank you all for your GLUE advice! :)

Next Topic...

VELCRO ON YOUR BOOTS - To prevent the twist and help protect from scuffing...

Thoughts?

How do people stick the Velcro to their boots?  that's my first question. You don't want to damage them..

Velcro on the front of of the upper part of the boot works really well. It keeps your shins from lifting and turning. Put the fuzzy side of the velcro on the inside of your shin, and put the other half (hook) side on your boot. Industrial Velcro of course. ;) Zero Issues.

• Like 1

Hiya Eric.. I haven't had a chance to get to Home Hardware yet! Thank you for the reminder.. am going to try AGAIN.. this weekend..

Also for neck seal stuff and some pretty kewl build items.. be sure to check out This Thread by Pyrate who loved to tease about my massively long intro thread!

I will look into the 12 Gauge wire.. I was thinking of a coat hanger and painting it then weathering it and then putting it in place...

Almost Forgot.. Thanks BRICK!!! I have the black Industrial Velcro I was using in my Armor Transport.. I'll go pick up another roll of the white. That stuff is awesome!

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 1

BLASTER WIRES:

I have been digging around trying to figure out if I should attach Wires to my blaster to make it closer to footage from the movies. Here is what I have found...

BLSTRWires_zpsproxm5qz.png

We all recognize this scene from the movie... now.. look at the blaster.. There are wires... so I took this image and removed outside sources through delicate close up pixel related investigation to remove other parts of the image...

BlasterWiresClsUp_zpsjvyhvajj.png

The wires aren't coiled, but rather looped and attached to some sort of plug like thing..

What are your thoughts? Interested as I'm considering finding some Red or Black wire to re-create this on my blaster.

It almost looks like Red wire with black electrical tape around it.

I took a picture of my blaster and tried to figure out the wires on it using paint.. what do you think?

Close%20up%201wires_zps8qunsl1i.png

There could be 3 wires.. one from the lower cylinder with the ooo on the cap. And then the 2 others from both power cylinders connecting together and into the other box unit...

So hard to say..

Something like this maybe...

Close%20up%201wires2_zps5pcagybj.png

Interesting conversation here but they don't seem to truly cover the placement of these items..

Other interesting Wiring thread here..

I haven't been able to find the black but I did find a white flame sensor wire from an old Honeywell spark module flame sensor that I will just have to paint black - check with local electrical supplier like EECOL

oo that's interesting Pyrates!!

I just don't know about the wiring yet.. I hear mixed reviews on what should or shouldn't be done and what is "necessary" and such. Only 2 blasters had wiring completed in the movie apparently. I just think it would look sooo  much better with the wires.. but then I'll have to attach them and I really don't want to ruin my blaster.

Also the spring.. I have to figure that out as well.. I'm just really nervous about doing too much. That make sense?

• Like 1

oo that's interesting Pyrates!!

I just don't know about the wiring yet.. I hear mixed reviews on what should or shouldn't be done and what is "necessary" and such. Only 2 blasters had wiring completed in the movie apparently. I just think it would look sooo much better with the wires.. but then I'll have to attach them and I really don't want to ruin my blaster.

Also the spring.. I have to figure that out as well.. I'm just really nervous about doing too much. That make sense?

When in doubt read the CRL, some choose to make their blaster more accurate - with today's day and age I don't want it looking to real. I'm trying to track down a spring as well - I have a brother that works for a trucking company looking into it for me, when I find some I will let you know

• Like 1

When in doubt read the CRL, some choose to make their blaster more accurate - with today's day and age I don't want it looking to real. I'm trying to track down a spring as well - I have a brother that works for a trucking company looking into it for me, when I find some I will let you know

As I can't like anymore people today... :dancing-trooper: LIKE!  :dancing-trooper:  for your post Pyrates !!

Have a look at your local or big box hardware store for screen door return springs, or a misc. springs bin or drawer. I found a premade spring and re-purposed it. Or take some wire and make your own as previously suggested.

As for the wires from the cylinders to the counter ... I don't beleive they are required, but they do look really cool. I did mine for the cool factor. 2-4 coils is all you need. The wires go from the back of the cylinders to the fromt of the counter. Drilling the counter is a sketchy task, so be careful if you do.

Here's a pic of my setup.

7a9e630e-01cb-4718-8e2c-981602b363be_zps

Have a look at your local or big box hardware store for screen door return springs, or a misc. springs bin or drawer. I found a pre-made spring and re-purposed it. Or take some wire and make your own as previously suggested.

As for the wires from the cylinders to the counter ... I don't believe they are required, but they do look really cool. I did mine for the cool factor. 2-4 coils is all you need. The wires go from the back of the cylinders to the front of the counter. Drilling the counter is a sketchy task, so be careful if you do.

Hiya Brick..

Thank you.. Wow I like the look.. I worry about drilling but I'm sure it will be okay. If you look at the pictures I posted there is another wire running from the lower section as well to the Counter. I think it's from the thing you can even see in your picture that has a hole.. but I have to figure out through the movie shots where that attaches.

I will look for the return springs  - What about this one? or   This one?

It could be that through shooting, the wires came loose? In that screen grab, it's hard to tell what is going where.

Those HD gate springs look a little on the heavy side. You'll probably have to visit a store to measure the real outside diameter of a spring and compare it to the inside diameter of your blaster pipe/opening. And then see if the guage of the wire used looks OK.

• Like 1

I will probably build my own with a coat hanger. That way I can paint it how I want and such. I also have some cool Gun metal paint that would work well.

I will probably build my own with a coat hanger. That way I can paint it how I want and such. I also have some cool Gun metal paint that would work well.

There's fence tie wire at Princess Auto - very cheap - and found that it wrapped better

• Like 2

Here is their website

And here is what they have up so far.

Date and time

June 11, 2016
6pm to 12am

Street: TBD
Brampton, ON Postal Code: TBD

Contact

Camille Buchanan
416-323-7097

CBuchanan@ontario.cancer.ca

It's in June so when the team (HeartandSoul) and I have more info when we get closer I'll be sure to post so you guys know ... that's if you would like to know.. not pushing anyone..

I lost a dear friend of mine to bone cancer in 2014 - Dec 16th to be exact. Maryanne found out she had bone cancer at the end of October that year and it was a quick progression downwards. It was horrible. If there is anything I can do to help others and to not see that happen again.. then I'm all for it. She was 54 years of age.

This is all part of why I want to join the 501st. I have heard so many great things about them through "make a wish" and others where they visit and bring smiles to those in need.

Anyway.. let me know.. donate or don't.. it is all up to all of you.. I only put it there so you knew about it and that I was hoping to have my armor completed by June.

Edited by Brattie
  • Like 3