Kidney notch issue

So I just found out that AP has extended the abs above the notch but not beside, meaning it has a 3.5 or so inch notch instead of a 22mm notch. How accurate to 22mm does it need to be for centurion? Does it need a return edge and does the notch have to actually line up with the postier? What's the tolerances on this for centurion is basically my question?<br><br>

Since the CRL says "roughly 22mm" how rough is rough?

Gaz says special exemption at the end, not an actual ruling. Thank you Germain for aiming at that thread, I posted on it for clarity. I need to know asap it's the first thing I'm doing when my armour arrives.Ā 

Ā 

Personally I want the notch to line up with the butt because that looks good but I will do whatever I have to in order to make centurion.

• Like 1

I honestly hope our two DOs will rule this just like Gaz did. It seems more logical to me, and it would require quite a tedious job to do if we had to correct the notch dimension on the AP kidney plate in order to achieve centurion.

Edited by The5thHorseman

Well I'm doing a shim anyways. Im a 42 inch waist so itll still need an extra 3 inches at least so it would just add to the sanding and stuff I'd need to do no matter what. Tony is researching now so I'm sure he'll come back with a ruling soon.

• Like 1

It's less nerves and more just wanting to know what's right in your guys eyes so I can get started on the shims day one. I think it'll be the hardest part of my build so I just want to get it out of the way. It would suck to do the shims just to find out that I actually have 2 more to do or that I have done them wrong. I'd be posing this question even without APs changes.

My waist is over the 39 inches he's saying it's been increased to but think I see what you're saying now. It makes no sense to make a decision on a set of armour no one has really seen yet to see if it looks good like that or not.<br><br>

Well I have to trim that spot either way due to the mould indent so I'll get that far and we'll see where you guys stand on it. If I have to fill then that's life :)

Oh this isn't a problem with the pulls or anything Mark. They look amazing and I'm 100% sure the notch falls where it's supposed to, I just don't know if they are going to push us to meet the 22mmƗ22mm rule or if it's more about closer alignment of the back of the notch.

Edited by Knockerbot

Ā 

Ā 

Ā I will do whatever I have to in order to make centurion.

Ā 

I love that sentence, Chris! Ā If you haven't already got them, I am going to send you a free set of Centurion level rivets/washers for your build. Ā If you need them, just PM me your address.

Edited by justjoseph63
  • Like 4

I love that sentence, Chris! Ā If you haven't already got them, I am going to send you a free set of Centurion level rivets/washers for your build. Ā If you need them, just PM me your address.

Ā 

that's very cool of you..Ā 

• Like 1

Interesting conversation going on here :) Ukswrath and I have discussed the notch position issue and I believe he will be if not already done, sending you a PM .

I love it when stuff like this comes up and is openly discussed. Good work, carry on ;).

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It also is amazing that we have great staff and experienced people here that actually listens and consider even the newest of peoples questions.

Ā 

All of you guys do a great job and are appreciated that's for sure.

I second that!

• Like 2

I hope he doesn't mind me sharing, (sent in a pm)Ā "Hey Eric, so the decision by Sly and myself is have the 22mm notch nearest the ab, not further back as originally discussed. We know this may a bit of work on your part however when it's completed it will look much nicer."

Ā 

Ā 

So if you need to have the armour with the extended kidneys, you will need to move the notch to the front edge of the kidney armour. 22mm x 22mm is what the notch needs to be in the end for centurion. Now this is extra work but I trust UKS and Sly with my life at this point and if that's what they say we need to do and what will look best that's what I'm doing. IF you need help please message me. I will be fumbling my way through this as soon as my armour comes in and will be happy to share my findings :)Ā ConsideringĀ I most likely now have 6 shims to make this fit me haha.Ā