TK-61972 Requesting ANH Hero Centurion Status [NE][157]

Name: Walter Ronald
TKID: 61972
Forum name: Haribon72
Garrison: Golden Gate Garrison

501st Legion Member Details:  http://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=18045

Mandatory Information

• Armor = NE
  • Helmet= NE (with ATA HERO EARS)
  • Blaster= SlaveFive (FISD)

Optional

Helmet Off Presentation

IMG_5832.JPG

Front

IMG_5997.JPG

Back

IMG_5790.JPG

IMG_5785.JPG

Side Views

IMG_5782.JPG

IMG_5793.JPG

Action Shots

IMG_5816.JPG

IMG_5819.JPG

Helmet

IMG_5956.JPG

IMG_5957.JPG

IMG_5961.JPG

IMG_5965.JPG

IMG_5966.JPG

IMG_5968.JPG

IMG_5969.JPG

IMG_5971.JPG

IMG_5972.JPG

Shoulder Straps

IMG_5880.JPG

IMG_5881.JPG

IMG_5882.JPG

Chest, Back, Abdomen, Kidney, Butt

IMG_5876.JPG

IMG_5879.JPG

IMG_5884.JPG

IMG_5885.JPG

IMG_5887.JPG

IMG_5889.JPG

IMG_5890.JPG

IMG_5877.JPG

Biceps, Forearms, Gloves, Hand plates

IMG_5796.JPG

IMG_5799.JPG

IMG_5825.JPG

IMG_5823.JPG

IMG_5999.JPG

IMG_5943.JPG

IMG_5947.JPG

IMG_5875.JPG

IMG_5897.JPG

IMG_5898.JPG

IMG_5903.JPG

IMG_5899.JPG

Edited by Haribon72
  • Like 1

Walter, your armor is truly looking superb! All the hard work you've put into it has really paid off :).

One thing i'd like to point out is the fact your kidney notches are far exceeding the 22mmx22mm "rule" because of your shims. I personally think it is a great thing to have modify their dimensions so the vertical part of the notch still lines up with the butt plate and i hope it won't hinder your application:

img_4810.jpg

• Like 1

I was kind of wondering about that also;  with everyone doing more and more shim work, it can be tricky deciding where to put the notch;  on the ab facing part of the shim or on the part attaching to the kidney.  

• Like 1

Thanks Germain!    Since my armor was sitting on the floor on its side, I took more pictures this morning to show its proper alignment:

IMG_6008.JPG

IMG_6009.JPG

During the build I made sure my MrNoStripes (V-2.0) strapping brackets would hold the kidney and butt in place.

I had soften the corners because the sharps corners were snagging by black under suit.

More pictures

IMG_6015.JPG

IMG_6016.JPG

Edited by Haribon72

Here are my kidney notch measurements:

Right Side Kidney Notch

IMG_6002.JPG

IMG_6003.JPG

IMG_6004.JPG

IMG_6005.JPG

IMG_6006.JPG

Left Side Kidney Notch

IMG_6010.JPG

IMG_6011.JPG

IMG_6013.JPG

IMG_6014.JPG

I know my shims will be a big debate and discussion. So I appreciate your time, consideration, and May The Force Be With Me!!!

Thank you.

Edited by Haribon72

Walter, great job! I love everything except for the fact that you can kneel in your armor! ;-)

There were a few items I noticed. Your belt should be touching or slightly overlapping your ab buttons. In 2 of the pics, it seems a little low. On your right forearm, it seems the cover strip is either too narrow or the raised ridge is too wide. The last item, the end caps on your TD could be a little closer. I'm not sure if these will matter, but I figure I'd point them out.

Excellent job on your build. I'm looking forward to congratulating you one more time!

• Like 1

Just so everyone knows, I have not been ignoring this. I have a good idea how this is going to go regarding the kidney notch/shim relationship, but a decision like this should be followed by an explanation for future reference. This is being discussed. Hang in there, Walt!!

• Like 2

Alright, Walt! Thank you for your application to Centurion. All I can say, is Wow! You have had an incredible adventure and deserve an ovation for your ABS paste work as well as adapting this suit to your body type.  Fantastic!  Anyway, we have some things to cover so let's get to it!!

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements:

Thank you for sharing your library of photos with us. All posted photos are present that the application requires. I am pleased to say that your armor displays all necessary elements for Centurion. Congratulations!!!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

I agree that your belt could be brought up a tad to rest directly against the bottom edge of the button plates. 

Your blaster looks so much better now that you knocked the gold on the scope down and LOOK AT YOU adding silver down by the trigger group! You maniac!

As for your holster, it is definitely better. You must have received that as an ESB holster at first?

Now, the delay in this response was due to a situation that, up until now, has not been discussed.

Since the addition of the Kidney notch to the CRL, it was always seen as an easy addition to armors that didn't have it already incorporated into their molds like AP, ATA, AM, and RT Mod.   However, if a shim was required for the previously mentioned armor, the shim would be installed then the notch cut into the ab side of the new shim. Well, in cases like NE, RS, TM, and now MTK, the notch is already molded into the kidney. If a shim would need to be added in these cases, it would be EXTREMELY challenging. I pulled a picture from Walt's build thread and pointed out the many obstacles:post-12041-0-72627900-1426739030_thumb.jpg

The other issue is a moral one. I didn't have the pleasure of offering assistance on Walt's build thread. In that section of the build, Walt asked a number of times if things looked good as the progress went on and it was always agreed that it was fine by some very experienced members. How can it be supported as ok there, and not here?? 

This kind of issue does not arise too often so I feel no remorse in categorizing this situation as a special exemption.

Congratulations, Walt. Your Garrison should be proud to troop beside you!!

• Like 2

Awesome, Awesome job Walt.

I could tell by the smile on your face in your photos, you were confident and overjoyed at the accomplishment.

Welcome to Centurion rank, you look fantastic. :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1