*NO BLASTER USE / DISPLAY | Lucasfilm, Ltd. - Disney Policy*

TK bondservnt

Can't see what all the fuss is about, they are not guns they are replica science fiction props!

Stormtroopers are not complete without their blasters!

To quote Vern: 'blasters have never caused problems before'

The 501st is making a request but lets hope they don't make it permanent policy to not be allowed to have part of your costume (blaster) on troops as this would be too harsh.

Lets all try to remain friendly about this and hope that the issue will resolve itself  :) 

• Like 1

The point you made in the first place is invalid. If you don't like requests made by the 501st, don't adhere to them, but don't complain about them either and be prepared to face the consequences of failing to adhere to them.

Again, super respectful request which is totally up to you to ignore. Just be aware that if you do, the 501st is pretty clearly entitled to the ability to put forth disciplinary action. Continuing to yell about terrorism does nothing to help your argument.

so the video which display the open carry of blasters has no impact on your limited sense of freedom?

My video has no impact on you?  we are carrying fake guns... you should be terrified.

we followed legion rules and were allowed access with our fake guns.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Alright, I'm temp locking this thread until tomorrow to let everyone cool down.

Plaaaaastic spacemen.

Costume club. Club!

Hobby.

Fun.

Making fans and kids smile by wearing costumes.

Please stop posting political opinions please, irrational or otherwise or I start banning people for a while. It has no place here on our forums. This sort of discussion is poison.

If you want to post anything more on this subject I suggest doing so on the legion forums and keep it off FISD.

Thank you.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I'm really hoping this is only a temporary blaster ban, however as of December 17th, 2015 Disney officially discontinued sales of all toy guns and blasters and banned anyone over the age of 14 from wearing costumes or masks at their theme parks. This is unfortunate, what is the world coming to? We can't even buy toy guns or dress up at Disney theme parks anymore.

I hate to sound negative but this thing with Disney is really starting to seem like it's not temporary.

• Like 1

I'm really hoping this is only a temporary blaster ban, however as of December 17th, 2015 Disney officially discontinued sales of all toy guns and blasters and banned anyone over the age of 14 from wearing costumes or masks at their theme parks. This is unfortunate, what is the world coming to? We can't even buy toy guns or dress up at Disney theme parks anymore.

I hate to sound negative but this thing with Disney is really starting to seem like it's not temporary.

As with armour building... Wait and see, patience is key
  • Like 2

Are we still talking about this?

Basically my feeling as well. I've been a big part of this discussion up to this point. It's clear that the discussion has become circular and irrelevant. I'll continue on as an observer, but I'm out in terms of active discussion. I've said my piece and made my case, and that's really all one can do on the internet. Have fun.

• Like 1

I started this thread because I wanted to share the information given to me by command.

My goal is simply to stand up for the right to carry a blaster as a stormtrooper.

If I am not allowed to carry one, then I will continue to be a stormtrooper, even without a blaster.

even if I don't like it.

if you step back just 4 years, and look at cosplay, we see no fear.

We see art and freedom.  A blaster is a work of art. it's not real, and it's not a threat.

If I see some small woman holding a gun larger than her I know it's just cosplay.

small_girl__big_gun_by_bunnyayumi-d7b2d6

Stormtrooper blasters are simply cosplay. They are not real, and a trooper without a blaster just

does not have the same look.

christiescoverblank.jpg

I like the way this looks.  it's not politics, it's cosplay. it is plastic spacemen.

I want us to look like this when we show up.

• Like 1

Basically my feeling as well. I've been a big part of this discussion up to this point. It's clear that the discussion has become circular and irrelevant. I'll continue on as an observer, but I'm out in terms of active discussion. I've said my piece and made my case, and that's really all one can do on the internet. Have fun.

I have much respect for your input here. and I hope we can find a common ground to allow more understanding.

I do not believe that this thread is negative in any way. 

SImple.  Trooper with blaster looks right.  Trooper without blaster looks wrong.

• Like 1

we danced and we had fun with blasters in our hands.

I am standing in mere center stage on the left hand side of vader right behind AL.

so it is written so shall it shall be done..

"that bald dude"

tumblr_nh0jqa7tAv1qb07v0o1_1280.png

No one else is protesting with you... Listen to and respect your CO/XO decision. I know in the Canadian Garrison we take a hard line as to not following this rule, not sure what your Garrison is doing. I'm not going to be prancing about with protest signs, because I'm a peon, I follow orders. I am not part of command. <br><br>

What happened to "Unquestionable loyalty"? And yet here we are questioning... I'm following this thread, but not debating, to me the answer has already been given by your CO/XO. Don't like it? Take it up with them on your Garrison forums, instead of trying to rouse the rabble.<br><br>

Thank you, move along, move along...

Really? This is still talked about? My blaster doesn't make me a stormtrooper. My costume and my love for the character is what makes me a stormtrooper. The smiles I see on fans, especially the kids, is what makes me a stormtrooper. A blaster is just a prop, not the costume.

• Like 2

Are we still talking about this?

Literally my first reply to the topic...I'm new here, this topic is actually older than my profile. Just speaking my piece like everyone else. My intention was only post a recent update that's somewhat related to the situation, not beat a dead horse.

Edited by SlyFox740

• 2 weeks later...